Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

That certainly puts paid to those here who, when responding to posts stating Jack was definitely carrying multiple injuries, said "he's not injured, he's just a plodder and crap footballer!"

His teammates knew what he was dealing with.

That certainly puts paid to those here who, when responding to posts stating Jack was definitely carrying multiple injuries, said "he's not injured, he's just a plodder and crap footballer!"

His teammates knew what he was dealing with.

Its tempting to go back through JZ1 and name names.

But then i could also go back through BBB3.

Reminds me of something Hodge would do as a captain

I personally would not accept that he was jut in a form slump. He was sensational the first 5-6 rounds before the start of the injuries. Bursting out of the midfield with speed and his kicking disposal was improved in comparison to last year

Cant wait until he gets a good preseason again and gets his body right. His bones do seem quite fradgile or he is just a absolute animal and throws his body at every contest

You can see he absolutely loves the club and wants to be the best leader we've seen for a while

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its tempting to go back through JZ1 and name names.

But then i could also go back through BBB3.

I criticised him a bit for a few things and tbh I think those criticisms still stand. There were a few close games where his DE was low and we lost those games. That's probably the only thing tho and after hearing about his injuries I wonder what effect they had on his disposal. Especially the toe injury. Whatever foot it was on a toe injury is going to effect your kicking and how you stand and balance before you kick.

None the less the captain sets the standards and our disposal is pretty average at times. (Tho again after watching the season its not just us. I reckon every team has disposal issues as the pressure ramps up and pressure is massive in the game these days. But the best teams will perform under pressure and thats what North should be aiming to do.) Hopefully that's something he takes on board and works hard on in the lead up to next season. He also sets other standards and lives up to them well.

Playing with those injuries is amazing. Incredible levels of courage and commitment to the side. It might be easy to say "if you are not 100% don't play" but an important part of leadership is being there for your teammates. Especially with so many debutants in the side. That's an impression they'll never forget. His career best figures for disposals were last year but this year they were less than half a percent lower. Had career best averages for tackling, handballs, contested possessions, rebound 50s and his second best season aves for uncontested possessions, overall possessions, goal assists and probably a few other things. At least according to one of those stats sites. I'd love to see the shepherding stats cos he was one of the few players I remember consistently shepherding, and with those injuries that is an even better effort. So despite those initial criticisms there are plenty of positives from his first season leading as well.

He had a fairly good year as captain but there is still some room for improvement. Its his first year tho so room for improvement isn't a bad thing. Whatever leadership he showed beforehand taking the whole thing on your own shoulders for the first time is always a bigger and more difficult job than you are prepared for. No matter how prepared you think you are.

I'm judging him more harshly than other players too, simply because of his job as skipper.

I criticised him a bit for a few things and tbh I think those criticisms still stand. There were a few close games where his DE was low and we lost those games. That's probably the only thing tho and after hearing about his injuries I wonder what effect they had on his disposal. Especially the toe injury. Whatever foot it was on a toe injury is going to effect your kicking and how you stand and balance before you kick.

None the less the captain sets the standards and our disposal is pretty average at times. (Tho again after watching the season its not just us. I reckon every team has disposal issues as the pressure ramps up and pressure is massive in the game these days. But the best teams will perform under pressure and thats what North should be aiming to do.) Hopefully that's something he takes on board and works hard on in the lead up to next season. He also sets other standards and lives up to them well.

Playing with those injuries is amazing. Incredible levels of courage and commitment to the side. It might be easy to say "if you are not 100% don't play" but an important part of leadership is being there for your teammates. Especially with so many debutants in the side. That's an impression they'll never forget. His career best figures for disposals were last year but this year they were less than half a percent lower. Had career best averages for tackling, handballs, contested possessions, rebound 50s and his second best season aves for uncontested possessions, overall possessions, goal assists and probably a few other things. At least according to one of those stats sites. I'd love to see the shepherding stats cos he was one of the few players I remember consistently shepherding, and with those injuries that is an even better effort. So despite those initial criticisms there are plenty of positives from his first season leading as well.

He had a fairly good year as captain but there is still some room for improvement. Its his first year tho so room for improvement isn't a bad thing. Whatever leadership he showed beforehand taking the whole thing on your own shoulders for the first time is always a bigger and more difficult job than you are prepared for. No matter how prepared you think you are.

I'm judging him more harshly than other players too, simply because of his job as skipper.

...okies.

Bit different to the GD vitriol that basically said worst Captain ever.

...okies.

Bit different to the GD vitriol that basically said worst Captain ever.

Yeah I know. I just didn't want to hide from what I'd said. I'd hate to think I'd end up like some of the posters here. Its like they are being eaten alive by their own bitterness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back