Playing Career:

Essendon Football Club (2007 - )
  • 75 games, 66 goals
Height:177cm
Weight: 75kg

• U18 All-Australian 2005
  • U18 All-Australian 2006
  • Kevin Sheehan Medal 2006
  • Pick #18 (PP), 2006 National Draft, from South Fremantle (WAFL)
He'll be fine

Re: 7. Leroy Jetta

Aker can afford to be, he has the score on the board.

Thats true but some players play well off there confidence, for example Lance Franklin. As long as he isnt overly cocky it shouldnt be a problem. Would like him to train as hard as Bachar Houli though. Allen Iverson in the NBA has been critisised for his training despite playing well, people still think he could have been a much much better player if he applied himself like Michael Jordan. I dont want to look over Leroys career and see the same thing. Although i would like a player of Iversons ability in a football sense :p

as long as he wants to play for the efc i reckon he'll be fine. as none of really know that answer i'm not sure if we can comment on his so called attitude problems

Their are a few questioning his attitude but i think he will be ok. I know that i reported his body language didnt look that good in one of his Bendigo seconds games and there where some questions on his work ethic before the draft but these are problems that will be over come. He is a big stage player and he is cocky but that is what will make him better than the average player. Buddy Franklin had the same question marks on him before the draft and in his first two years. For a young kid Jetta did do the team things well when he was in the seniors.
He has been troubled by a persistant groin problem for a while now which has slowed his progress but in the future with him and Davey scouting around our forward line you will some freakish and exciting things.

i saw him with some of our other youngsters before the game on saturday. he was laughing and seemed to get on with the boys really well.

i know it is just a small thing but it can't be bad sign

:thumbsu: Cant wait to see him back out there 08.
Love his speed and skills. Would be great to see both him and Davey running down the field. :thumbsu:

i repeat what i said in the davey thread.

this kid just has so much natural ability.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

even the euro car makers are excited about this kid!

http://www.volkswagen.com.au/jetta/default.asp

is a sponsorship deal on the cards? :p

:thumbsu:

I'd say they've got it spot on:

"Sporty elegance (yep). Deceptively inexpensive (slipped in the draft). Volkswagen's Jetta embodies an unrivalled synthesis of style (yep, he's damn good to watch), substance and innovation (yep, he's creative), with incomparable value for money (damn straight)."

Yes. He's been in the gym working hard, and wants to make an impact in the midfield.

He may want to make an impact in the midfield but reality is going to say he will have to make do with being a small forward for a while yet.

He may want to make an impact in the midfield but reality is going to say he will have to make do with being a small forward for a while yet.

Not that it has a great deal with his motor, John Quinn says that you couldn't recognise his body at pre-season training from the body that come to the club last season... he's worked extremely hard in the gym!

Not that it has a great deal with his motor, John Quinn says that you couldn't recognise his body at pre-season training from the body that come to the club last season... he's worked extremely hard in the gym!

That part i already knew, had seen him at the club just about evertime i have been there to have lunch. Nothing wrong with his attitude or aplication.

today on bombertv was the first time i have heard leroy speak. now after hearing all the crap about his so called "attitude problem", i was expecting him to you know......without being racist, have the classic aboriginal accent.

but he spoke so well and it seems as if he is really down to earth. even when he was asked if he wanted to play more senior games next year he just replied that his main goal was to get himself fit.

to add to that he looks great and i'm expecting a good year out of him in the forward pocket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back