Past #8: Nathan Hrovat - won't be offered a new contract - thanks Rat

Remove this Banner Ad

He need more time to show what he is.still play doggie style.
should be wing/forward i reckon.
good sign is that he didn't do unreasonable short kicking today.

I think some people are expecting too much too early. He's only played 30 odd games of AFL and he's younger than Taylor Garner FFS.

Personally, I thought he was quiet and rushed a few of his kicks, leading to turnovers or grubbers along the ground. However some of his link up play in the second half was brilliant. Go watch the replay of Marley's goal and pay close attention to the Rat's hands and quick thinking. He has the talent.

Be patient yo.

there's been an eerie similarity between jeds first few games and the rats first few games.

Essentially the play stops when they get the ball, because they tend to fail to execute one of your most important skills, the drop punt.

Jed improved a little as time went on, hoping the rat does the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really liked Hrovats 2nd and 3rd quarters. Thought his Charlie Cameron role off the back of the square helped out centre bounces immensely.

Last edited:
A few s**t kicks early but made up for it in he 2nd half. Layed some really solid tackles too.

I think he is over complicating things in his head when he gets the footy, just needs to keep it simple and use his first option. Try to limit those short 12-18m high risk kicks

I thought he was really good today. At one point he was in my top 3 players. When we dominated the Dogs in the 2nd and 3rd quarters he was a big part of it and the more games he gets the longer I think he'll be able to do that for.

Another battler.

No elite attributes.

Pretty underwhelming. I'd like to see Clarke given his role for the next month.
We gave up 2 very late picks for him......another good citizen. Fingers are still crossed for him. Commentators applauded his defensive pressure acts ( stuff that wasn't on screen) so.....

Another good game tonight. loved his goal in the last. Shame it wasn't the winning goal. Reckon he'll make it. Seems to have the right attributes. Will be a good pickup for us.

Well the pric
We gave up 2 very late picks for him......another good citizen. Fingers are still crossed for him. Commentators applauded his defensive pressure acts ( stuff that wasn't on screen) so.....
The price we paid for him is still to be determined - at this stage its looking more than we would have budgeted for. The swap of third rounders will see us move from a late 30's pick to early 50's and then there's the less important exchange of 4th rounders - i.e. we go from mid 50's to around 70. This was not a 'free' purchase like Marley - we need the Rat to to keep improving - he was better tonight.

With out looking stats I thought last night was his best performance.
Goes to show what being dropped and getting an opportunity does to a young player.
Makes it more evident how BS selections effect our deveoloment

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back