Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [Herald Sun] LDU has parked contract talks with the club & is expected to command offers of more than $1m a season

Remove this Banner Ad

We 100% need to do whatever we can to keep him.

Obviously defensively has some downfalls but is a very very good footballer.

On his day he is our best player.
It would be easy to list a dozen gun players in the midfield who don't do a lot defensively.

Chasing tail for 4 quarters is not fun, the players need to see some wins as much as the fans do.

Just a guess, but if I'd be in the AFL for half a decade and I look around at those drafted the same time and have some envy there. Would be nice to be the Rayner, Naughton, Cerra, or Brayshaw situation.

For that matter, the one who is in a crap situation also happens to be the Roos, in Stephenson.

If he was coming out of contract 2024 then I’d be concerned. 2025 we must start to see some infield success. Surely.

I hope we would only entertain trading him this year if we got a silly offer such as an A grade key position forward plus a first round draft pick.

If he was coming out of contract 2024 then I’d be concerned. 2025 we must start to see some infield success. Surely.

I hope we would only entertain trading him this year if we got a silly offer such as an A grade key position forward plus a first round draft pick.
It's worse being 2025.

North will get a token pick based on the leagues discretion.

This could be a transitional moment - Zurhaar will net band one, so at this point in time, pick 2 and LDU can be sold for as mentioned above, 5500 draft points at a minimum.

Understandable retaining talent is the key to success, however, if they don't want to be there, they are part of the problem and not the solution.

Cash them out.

His body language is bad and I reckon his foot is out the door. He's ******* sick of it.

People at the game - After the loss on the weekend he immediately went to a hawks player, laughing and joking around like nothing just happened?

He seems so disinterested this year. Going through the motions, it's sad to see

If you aren’t part of the solution, you are part of the problem. If he wants to go then trade him this year and maximise his value. If you can’t fully commit to the club and to getting the absolute best out of yourself (onfield) within these four walls then don’t let the door hit you on the way out.

We need to start being ruthless, you’re either in or you’re out.

Perhaps it’s best for both parties to part ways.

I just don’t see how LDU can turn on the attitude we need for the ship to turn around. The poor guy must think to himself that each game is just another loss, and his chance of success is slipping. By the same token, he has become a key issue to our club; our senior players, and dont think he should be exempt from criticism. Perhaps we can get on the front foot and read the room at seasons end?
Mate, if we lose LDU, it will set a precedent for the club losing wanted players.
I certainly don't want our talent bailing.

Same with Zurhaar. People are s**t canning his play, etc, but we simply can't afford to lose talent. He is playing as a HFF in simply the worst team we've seen.

Every talented player that leaves will be adding time onto our rebuild.

LDU is definitely not playing to his potential this season, but can you imagine our midfield without him? FFS, it would be a train wreck.

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Still a lot of footy to play out until he makes a decision next year, but I do get nervous thinking about it. Zurhaar has been a loyal battler but him leaving could set a precedent on something that we've managed to avoid pretty well for now. We are actually ****ed if we start bleeding our senior talent, the kids will be next.

Brisbane lost a number of good players during their rebuild too. So hopefully we can follow a similar path even if we do lose talented players. But as I said really hoping these players stay

What and get more draft pics that we never develop lol

The environment is obviously not great to have one of our best and elite midfielder not interested on the field

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What and get more draft pics that we never develop lol

The environment is obviously not great to have one of our best and elite midfielder not interested on the field
That’s what they did from memory as they lost their young talent too like Yeo and others from memory. They didn’t have much choice .

Micky P is on the money. If I arrived from Mars and stumbled across this site. I’d think I’m following this club they sound unbeatable.

My thoughts are a midfield of Wardlaw, Simpkin, McKercher, Smillie and Sheezel would be fine.

Beats LDU , Phillip and Powell hands down.

As I said last week put him up for trade with a year to run and see what comes of it.

* him and our underperforming players.

We ain’t the Salvos fy&i

Remove this Banner Ad

Back