Player Watch #9: Luke Davies-Uniacke [Part II] - [Herald Sun] LDU has parked contract talks with the club & is expected to command offers of more than $1m a season

Remove this Banner Ad

Whatever, he can go a do his lackadaisical pre-season training at RSEA Park or the Hanger for all I care. If you don't want to be here then f*ck off!

I mentioned that his attitude was a ginormous concern in the preseason games where he was barely coasting.

I was shot down by firing squad by most on here. It was true then. It is true now. He hasn’t got the mindset/stones to be a great North player. At present, he is an almost -player, one we think hopefully about his potential rather than his results.

It’s bloody sad as he seems like a great person and could legitimately be a top 5 player in the comp. He had the media preseason in froths too so he could snag a Brownlow at the Saints, Geelong or Essendon.
All correct and that would be heartbreaking.

I don’t want picks at all, I’d rather bring in a group of proper senior players.

I’m not hoisting the flag at half mast for a player who has led our midfield to no success whatsoever.

You want to punt LDU for Jack Macrae, Callan Ward and Nick Haynes types?
FMD

Luke has dominated games in one of the worst teams in recent history, is 24, and is about to enter his best footballing years.
There are ways to bring in experience that don't involve puntng one of your best and most talented players lol

I'll ask you this - who the * is putting up their hand to come to NM at this point in time???

On SM-G991B using BigFooty.com mobile app

those wait and see type, let them go, of course we need to flog their flesh off them to maximise their cost to get Band 1.

We get pick 1 and 2 from zurhaar. We then work magic on getting proper compo as we lost thomas a top 10 pick, we should ask for pick 3. If refused, then we will threaten to continue this for a long while.

I’m not surprised LDU has parked contract talks. This is what happens when mediocrity is tolerated for 7+ years. When the people in charge make error, after error, after error…..
But Rawlings will be walking around on half a mongrel fantasising over the compensation pick we’ll get for him.

LDU would have to improve on his performances and attitude during the games to attract clubs in offering him a large contract. l know that clubs have seen what he can do but he needs to show it during this and next season..

Whatever, he can go a do his lackadaisical pre-season training at RSEA Park or the Hanger for all I care. If you don't want to be here then f*ck off!
Ha. We won’t have a team by 2026 with that philosophy. Or a team full of mercenaries from other clubs - C Grade footballers hunting the cash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looking back to that curious reaction of LDU to Sheezel’s 2030 contract he might have reasonably been asking himself well where’s my offer of another 5 years?. he’s been marketed by the club as the next big thing for several years now and maybe he’s thinking right at that point “well there it is. I’ve peaked here and here’s the new wave coming through and I’ve suddenly lost a little traction”.

The guy is an employee looking at the club through an employment relationship lens. He’s naturally thinking, and with good advisors around him driving this home perhaps, that he’s got to make a motza while he can and he needs to look elsewhere if he has to. Maybe his family’s finances are a big consideration too.

Maybe he thought none of that…but the sharks out there in agent and list manager land no doubt saw the quizzical reaction and thought “well there’s a new possibility”

Announcing this sort of thing in front of the group on video is maybe not such a great idea. While the news filters out anyway announcing it in this environment with this much openness perhaps isn’t great for morale in the group. Could some players take it as their nose being rubbed in their own relative contractual position, or lack thereof. Can’t think of any other workplace that would do it openly like this.

Brady’s anaemic communication style doesn’t really help offset any risk of that either.

Don’t think he has ever had the commitment and desire to be a top liner, a leader or a North legend. It’s what us fans generally expect from a top 5 pick. Not with LDU unfortunately. Stupid us. Whether it’s his own introverted nature or our shitness he simply looks like he’s coasting and happy to be collecting a pay cheque. Footy probably doesn’t mean too much for him. Slowly joining the long list of never getting the best out of themselves list at North. Here is a perfect opportunity for him to show some true leadership at a time when the club is on it’s absolute knees and sign up, but instead he’ll be ******* us around for the next few months trying to squeeze every cent out of the club whilst feeling sorry for himself and going through the motions out on the field like he has been so far.

Looking back to that curious reaction of LDU to Sheezel’s 2030 contract he might have reasonably been asking himself well where’s my offer of another 5 years?. he’s been marketed by the club as the next big thing for several years now and maybe he’s thinking right at that point “well there it is. I’ve peaked here and here’s the new wave coming through and I’ve suddenly lost a little traction”.

The guy is an employee looking at the club through an employment relationship lens. He’s naturally thinking, and with good advisors around him driving this home perhaps, that he’s got to make a motza while he can and he needs to look elsewhere if he has to. Maybe his family’s finances are a big consideration too.

Maybe he thought none of that…but the sharks out there in agent and list manager land no doubt saw the quizzical reaction and thought “well there’s a new possibility”

Announcing this sort of thing in front of the group on video is maybe not such a great idea. While the news filters out anyway announcing it in this environment with this much openness perhaps isn’t great for morale in the group. Could some players take it as their nose being rubbed in their own relative contractual position, or lack thereof. Can’t think of any other workplace that would do it openly like this.

Brady’s anaemic communication style doesn’t really help offset any risk of that either.
If Sheezel's contract extension announcement is making players uncomfortable then it's a them problem not a club problem.

They should be rapt for him and embracing the moment. If they are thinking about themselves in that moment then how do you expect them to be there for 2 hours of footy when the going gets tough?

The team needs to learn how to back each other in and get the job done. It has lost its heart and soul since our beloved Boomer and co left the door.

Sad reality.

I’ll just say it . He.Ain’t.That.*******.Good.

You lot are nuts and get caught up with an act of brilliance here and there. He doesn’t give a s**t if he hasn’t the ball. Isn’t a leader. Isn’t a Cpt.

Send him on his way, be brave FFS North.

Go back and have a look at the last 10 games of 2022 and come back to me.

2023 still extremely solid.

He is the exact player we need.

We cannot lose him, and in my opinion, we wont.

You need to look at some of the blokes who are the common denominator in our poor period of 2019 until now. McKay was one, TT was one and LDU is another. Zurhaar too. Simpkin and McDonald are the others. These are all infected. They are ruined.

The only one I'm yet to mention is Larkey. I hold grave concerns for him.
So the question is do we need to burn it all down and start again?

If LDU walks then we might as well board up the joint. McKay, Zurhaar, TT and LDU all playing for finals aspirants and replaced by hacks happy to play anywhere, or kids who'll get to 80 games and think "What the fugk am I doing here?" and leave for better coin and happier days.

Roos, Osborne, Blakey, Armstrong, Gale, Barwick, Pert, Lynch, Broderick.

Last edited:
Don't blame him, he's clearly feeling a bit defeated out there. His career win percentage must be in the single digits, not every player is determined to put a club on their back and drag them out of it. He's put in more than enough effort in my opinon, it's just got to be tough to keep fronting up knowing you're going to be tagged and a mammoth effort from you maybe turns a 10 goal loss into a 6 goal loss.

Will win a brownlow if he's in a winning team with support around him. We've botched the rebuild and are still at phase 1 in LDU's 7th season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back