A-League A-League Men Round 8 - The Walkout Melbourne Derby

A-League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d love to know what those blaming Victory as a club think they could/should have done.

It was a City home game.
Ticketek, AAMI Park & the seccos have the names & photos of banned people.
The home team is responsible for working with the stadium & seccos around crowd control.

Christ, they weren’t even wearing club merch.

I fail to see what their role in this is.

Victory fans are 85 % (at least) involved in all Spectator related controversial incidents (on and off field) in the A League, and they were the ones responsible for getting the game called off and the whole code and league thrown into dispute.

I and other City/Heart fans have been attacked walking to AAMI Park from Richmond Stadium from Victory fans for games not even involving their club.

I realise I am biased, and not going to tarnish you and the rest of the decent MVFC posters and fans here with the same brush, but no one (players or supporters) should ever feel threatened or assaulted attending an A League (or sporting event in general) but Victory fans have a toxic reputation in that regard.

Even City interstate games at supporter meet ups at the Imperial Hotel (The Impy) have been disrupted and ruined by trouble making Vuck "Ultras" over the years.

I just saw a post by a current or former Melbourne City womens player, highlighting that Victory fans threw glasses at the City womens players, And that some of them were meant to be serving life bans and should not have been at the game.

And guess who the negative comments are from? Accounts from clearly labelled Victory fans, telling her to harden up, F off, or no one cares. People try very hard not to paint all Victory fans with the one brush. Then you see crap like that posted, endorsing thuggish behavior and abusing a victim.

It’s well known that the active support of Melbourne Victory wears black and hardly any merchandise.

Well known by who?

I’ve been following this club for 17 years - the majority are always wearing a scarf at the very least for Stand by me.

People are really going with the "Glover started the whole thing" line? Like he had the flare stashed in his sock or something?

Stuff this 'lifetime ban from the A-League' crap. Anyone who entered the field should face a five figure fine. Anyone who actively attacked a player or official should be facing criminal prosecution. Name and shame anyone who can be identified and let's see them explain themselves.
And the guy who smashed his face with the bin needs to do a bit of time.

At least we know it was this cretinous cum stain in the bucket hat with the sleeve tat that was the one that threw the bin. Hopefully it isn't too hard to identify him.

320696664_460772776237226_8846847387994930596_n.jpg

320461224_710669780424887_834599515979290948_n.jpg

Not every ultras group is a right wing conservative protest unit.

In fact, a huge proportion of them sit on the left, they raise money for charities, they go on missions in groups to poorer countries. Many of the ultras groups in Germany are for the betterment of the league and the game.

Within each club, each ultras section has many sub groups. Banning the shithead sub groups (similar to what BVB has done with their right wing radical supporter groups) is absolutely necessary.

But don't tarnish all ultras with the same brush. There's a reason the atmosphere at football games is quantum leap from americanised sports - and it aint due to those sitting on the wings.

Yes to correlation with the Melbourne victory ultras and cookers would be not insignificant

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It also looks like from the TikTok video that some "fans" had already jumped the fence and were preparing to invade when Glover tossed the second flare.
I was down the other end, and I've got footage of them swelling up already perched to come over.

Glover had a flare thrown at him, that he lobbed towards the fence, then moments later a smoke bomb was thrown at him, missing him by a foot or so- which he threw back in to the crowd.

Those flogs at the front weren't innocent bystanders - they were trouble making gutless thugs.

As a result of the pitch invasion, we now have to put up with snide comments from journalists who love to stick the boot in at the first opportunity notwithstanding they jumped on the Socceroos bandwagon a few weeks ago. Some journalists can't seem to handle the possibility of football being a success in Australia and are quick to stick the boot in.

Twitter full of wackos.

If anyone wants to know why flares should be banned. I've seen a few gore videos, and there was one where a fan launched a flare that ended up in another fans mouth. Lets say his face was mangled, flesh sticking out everywhere as if a firework went off in their mouth, heaps bloody and burnt. No one is trained to use a flare, it is only a matter of time before someone stuffs up with one.

There is no NEED for one at games. Our fans are just a bunch of try hards, trying to be like the Greek fans and other European teams known for their crazy flare shows. Sales need to be regulated much tighter.

It's pretty much other people that are the victims of flare injuries, not the perpetrators.

I despise those things so much and the thug symbol the represent.

Give fines aren't enough for people setting them off in public - I'd be cool with 5 years jail as a deterent - doubt you'll see them in public again.

We don't even know the person exists. At the moment, he/she is simply an invention.

Your attempts to pin this on the bloke who was the target of the flare is pretty sad.

Seems some mental gymnastics to be simultaneously thinking aiming for players with flares is ok but OMG so dangerous when it goes into the crowd.

It means flares are dangerous full stop. This wannabe copy cat behavior from what these morons have seen in Europe is a major turn off for me and many others, and I like soccer (follow premier league and European stuff, plus have attended many a-league matches).

I think the fact compared to other sports in Australia it is a lot more male dominated adds to the toxic atmosphere. The balance of anger/hatred/moronic behaviour is much greater at a-league matches than other sporting events I’ve attended.

Certainly isn’t like that at Australian international soccer matches I’ve attended.

Maybe a step could be banning sale of alcohol at matches (along with all other sanctions being discussed on Victory)

Seems some mental gymnastics to be simultaneously thinking aiming for players with flares is ok but OMG so dangerous when it goes into the crowd.
literally no one has said this. The only defence of flares has been those saying it was on for Glover coz sum1 did it 1st derp 🥴

The whole thing was ridiculous.

Idiots throwing them in the first place
Glover being a dumb campaigner throwing it back was no better.
And then people went ridiculously out of line.

No one involved covered themselves in glory with the exception of the referee.

Wow Victim shaming much ?

Notice a lot of Vuck fans often do this when there is an controversial on or off field incident involving Victory supporters.

Suppose Josh Cavallo was the villain in your eyes for having the courage of coming out when he was homophobicially abused on at least two publicly noted incidents by MVFC active support members ?

I saw first hand in year one of the A League absolute feral and uncouth behaviour by Melbourne Victory supporters, which was the main reason I never supported your club (was probably a Sydney FC Homie tbh) until Heart came into the competition.

We have far too many documented evidence and proof that this type of behaviour last night was unusual or a one of for MVFC Active Support members.

Frankly i think it must be disbanded for the rest of the season, and next season and beyond limited to a certain amount of fans who must pass a police and A League security check.

Enough's enough, cannot remember if ever there was a time where bringing the game into disrepute in the A League didn't involve Vuck fans, aside from the homophobic tifo the RBB made against Graham Arnold in a Sydney derby, which was absolutely disgusting and unforgivable.

Being an active support member comes with privileges (speaking as a life long Yarraside/Melbourian/Melbourne City AS member), members like us have a responsibility and duty of care, not just to represent our club, but the whole A League and football in Australia as a whole.

And no, am not condoning City fans who started throwing flares last night, but they did not deliberately try target the opposition Keeper, unlike your mob (assuming you are a Victory supporter)

So you support a club with piece of s**t sportswashing owners? Stop trying to take some moral high ground when being owned by them is far worse than any riot that happened last night. By a damn country mile.

Your Chairman is one of those dog s**t campaigners.

You support a club with piece of s**t sportswashing owners. Stop trying to take some moral high ground when being owned by them is far worse than any riot that happened last night. By a damn country mile.

Your Chairman is one of those dog s**t campaigners.

I supported and bought memberships of my A League club long before the City Football club (had a friendship with Sue Crow and Scott Munn back in the old Heart days)

Don't try and put this whole moral high ground bollocks on me, I have no control over who my club owners or chairman is, and regardless City/Heart fans have a almost impeccable record when it comes to support behaviour (last famous City supporter scandal I can think of is one plucky lad in Scotland wearing a Melbourne City shirt gate crashing Old Hag Lizzie's funeral when her body was doing the UK tour and he rightfully made some loud and public comments about Prince Andrew being a rock spider, which he is)

I have nothing at all to apologise or justify being a Melbourne City/Heart supporter from day 1.

It means flares are dangerous full stop. This wannabe copy cat behavior from what these morons have seen in Europe is a major turn off for me and many others, and I like soccer (follow premier league and European stuff, plus have attended many a-league matches).

I think the fact compared to other sports in Australia it is a lot more male dominated adds to the toxic atmosphere. The balance of anger/hatred/moronic behaviour is much greater at a-league matches than other sporting events I’ve attended.

Certainly isn’t like that at Australian international soccer matches I’ve attended.

Maybe a step could be banning sale of alcohol at matches (along with all other sanctions being discussed on Victory)

Huge overreaction. I go to plenty of games too where I see kids, mothers and young families all behaving perfectly normally.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back