music_2000

Club Legend
Mar 31, 2005
western sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, wanderers. NY giants
so what are your ideas on the new A-league and which team will you support? the hype has been huge in some places.
well I will support my local club Sydney FC :D . crowds so far have been not too bad. 8000 :) or so (some NRL games e.g. rabbitohs games average this type of crowd) in the pre season and they can only get better. I really would like to get into it all but which channel is going to screen games 9,10, ABC,7 or the most likely contendor SBS. I hope soccer makes some headway here so at least it can be equal with NRL, AFL and union.

I've moved this to the Football Australia forum.

I'm supporting Adelaide United of course, at the moment there is not a lot of hype here but the pre-season crowds have been encouraging and we have the highest amount of Members & Season Ticket Holders of any club so far. Hopefully when the promotion and advertising starts we can push towards the 10,000 mark and that would go a long way to making sure Hindmarsh is full every week. Of course the team being successful would help as well!

As for who is showing the games. Fox Sports has the exclusive rights to the A-League and will show nearly every game live with no weekend having fewer than 2 live games. There will also be a highlight show on Tuesday nights and a panel show called "Total Football" which begins tonight at 8pm EST. Ideally we'd like free to air coverage but none of the networks could offer the time & money that Fox Sports could. If you don't have it then all the more reason to go to your home matches and then pitch up at your local for the away games.

i live in queensland, but im supporting sydney fc. im not gonna be a fan of a half assed team with half assed players with a half assed name. WTF kind of name is queensland roar? thats horrible. i'd have preferred Brisbane Strikers to be there, or at least call the team Brisbane FC or brisbane united or something, at least it allows for another soccer team from queensland in the future.
GO SYDNEY FC!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back