A-Leagues & Football Australia General Chat and News Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the split usually at melbourne derbies?
Like there was 24,000 on the weekend and it was a City home game, but how many roughly were City fans and how many victory fans?
Ive always guess itd be like city 40-60 victory at city home games and victory 80-20 city at victory home games.
Am I close? or way off the mark?
IMO that's pretty spot on generally.

WOW!!

Adelaide United statement in response:

Adelaide United wishes to make the following statement.

Adelaide United has been made aware of an incident involving a spectator at Coopers Stadium and Western Sydney Wanderers FC footballer, Roly Bonevacia, on Wednesday evening.

Adelaide United is working closely with Western Sydney Wanderers FC and Football Federation Australia to gain a complete understanding of what has occurred.

Adelaide United condemns any form of racist or non-inclusive remarks and will not tolerate it at its fixtures.

As the investigation into the matter is on-going, Adelaide United will not be making any further comment at this time.

ENDS

https://www.adelaideunited.com.au/news/adelaide-united-statement-0

Good to see the Reds taking quick action in finding out who said what. Hopefully life bands are in order, this s**t shouldn’t be tolerated!

Can't say I know much about him.

Link

The Wellington Phoenix have signed former Irish International Cillian Sheridan.

The 29-year-old striker completed his medical earlier on Thursday and will play for the remainder of the A-League season after leaving Polish side Jagiellonia Bialystok.

The 1.95m Sheridan has scored 98 career goals and Phoenix coach Mark Rudan believes his goal-scoring abilities are the perfect fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hey Guys, Sorry for the upcoming maybe stupid question I'm about to ask, iv started to get into following Soccer more in the pass 4 years, I was wondering how does the A League Compare to the EFL 1 & 2 divisions. Is it that far behind in Standard to it.
Thanks

Hey Guys, Sorry for the upcoming maybe stupid question I'm about to ask, iv started to get into following Soccer more in the pass 4 years, I was wondering how does the A League Compare to the EFL 1 & 2 divisions. Is it that far behind in Standard to it.
Thanks
Efll 2 maybe.
At its best I'd say League 1, but its very worst is definitely League 2 relegation battle stuff.

Thanks guys ( Gee id didn't know its that far behind the rest of the leagues )

It's not really that far behind many other leagues in the world. Take out the 'big 5' leagues in Europe (Premier League, La Liga, Bundesliga, Serie A, Ligue 1) and there isn't really a helluva lot of difference in quality between the A-League and the rest.

Thanks guys ( Gee id didn't know its that far behind the rest of the leagues )
Considering England is a nation that have kids living and breathing the sport, there's so much more competition for professional spots in teams so the bar gets raised all the time. Taking that into consideration for Australia, there's less of a talent pool to dive into. But it's definitely an entertaining, unique league!

The longer it continues, the better it'll get no doubt.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back