Strategy A Ridiculous/Genius Idea: Relocate the Crows to Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

One thing we should genuinely look at is funding a South Australian team in the TAC competition, and push as hard as we can for an academy of our own. The standard of junior football is SA is disgraceful mainly because the SANFL clubs don't really give a s**t about developing talent that's only going to leave.

Why not move to Bordertown for the best/worst of both worlds, then everyone/no-one will be happy

We had 4 SA players in our Grand Final squad: Brown, Laird, Jacobs and Knight. Smith would also be in there normally.

(Also have Menzel, Milera, Jarman, Wigg, Beech, CEY)

But they get to see SA relatives every fortnight. That’s almost too much.
It’s friggin genius.

I honestly don't understand this whole homesick BS.. Melbourne is a 45min flight ffs.. I travel longer to see my mum in Victor Harbour.. :drunk:

It’s a ducking excuse

Its the silly season, but the thought was just something thrown out there.

I do think there is merit in some players being based in Victoria if they genuinely wanted to leave and have already given a number of years to the club already.

Also if our training base was the MCG
We’d be better at playing there and would probably attract a stack more supporters in vic to.

This post got me thinking about the most ridiculous idea ever that could just be genius.

We have retention issues. 70% of our squad or thereabouts is from Victoria. Dangerfield, Gunston, Lever left due to the go-home factor. Sloane might also leaving. Better career prospects in Melbourne, better media prospects, don't have to pay Victorians overs to relocate or stay at the club.

So we move the Adelaide Crows to Melbourne. Everyone lives there. The players, staff, coaches, everyone. Players train there. But then we fly in to Adelaide for home matches at Adelaide Oval.

Could it just be the most ridiculous but genius solution ever?

Yeah, play all our home games at the G and us supporters can all move to Melbourne.

Hi

I think we should just move to West Horsham. It will save everyone a lot of confusion here, and will then also be a factually accurate description of where we are based.

THanks, bye

I honestly don't understand this whole homesick BS.. Melbourne is a 45min flight ffs.. I travel longer to see my mum in Victor Harbour.. :drunk:
Yeah it's mind boggling. And footy players are some of the select few with plenty of free time and who could easily afford regular plane trips.

I live in the country and the majority of my friends went to uni in Adelaide (an hour away) straight out of school, most staying in town all term and just returning in the holidays. What kind of weirdos are they if they can't make themselves at home with 40 other blokes of similar age for 3/4 of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we just need to recruit single blokes and provide them with a girl (or 3) the moment they step off the plane after the draft.

How about the players live in SA, commute to Melbourne for training, play home games in China, and away games on the moon?
Crazy idea?...if it helps us win premierships..

This post got me thinking about the most ridiculous idea ever that could just be genius.

We have retention issues. 70% of our squad or thereabouts is from Victoria. Dangerfield, Gunston, Lever left due to the go-home factor. Sloane might also leaving. Better career prospects in Melbourne, better media prospects, don't have to pay Victorians overs to relocate or stay at the club.

So we move the Adelaide Crows to Melbourne. Everyone lives there. The players, staff, coaches, everyone. Players train there. But then we fly in to Adelaide for home matches at Adelaide Oval.

Could it just be the most ridiculous but genius solution ever?

Once again Scorpus, you are behind the curve. Our Ex CEO has been doing this for the last 3 years.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...looks-to-be-under-threat-20171005-gyuvny.html

"Trigg, who took over from Greg Swann more than three years ago but has retained his Adelaide base and commutes between the two cities, had also denied suggestions he was returning to his home town."

Fagan has got nothing on this guy.

Idea has some merit. An alternative would be to sell 3 games to the mcg each year. Would mean thst we get around 6 games a year on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back