Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2012 Player Sponsor
Nov 20, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's finally been youtubed.:thumbsu:

[YOUTUBE]foiX9hO9Fcw[/YOUTUBE]

The funny part about the whole marshmallow business is it was initially started by Tim Watson, and he was right in saying Essendon were soft, and then followed up by Kevin Sheedy. I still am yet to know what part North played in the whole saga.

The funny part about the whole marshmallow business is it was initially started by Tim Watson, and he was right in saying Essendon were soft, and then followed up by Kevin Sheedy. I still am yet to know what part North played in the whole saga.

Belting them on field?

• Banned
I actually forgot Simmos bump on Doolan (4:05). Very nice.

What's more Watson was correct, they were soft.

I recall the game where Watson sort of chuckled when he said that North regarded Essendon as soft. Still not sure whether he'd been put up to it by Sheedy, in order to needle the Bombers into action ; or whether as an ex-player, he was just a bit scornful of how the team had been playing at that time.

That was fun to watch.

Did I really hear Ian Robertson sooking that 'That decision could change the course of the game!', when Hardwick had not only put the ball out of bounds deliberately, but did so with a blatant throw? :D

^^^^^^Robertson had probably backed the Bombres. You could always tell who he'd backed by his one-eyed commentary.

The free through the legs was so blatantly obvious - look at the umpire motor in at top speed to take centre stage.

How good was King's tackle at about the 3 min mark?

And the soft free to Hird?

One of Stevo's goals or it might have ricocheted off the King was followed by a Bomber defender launching the ball into the second level of the grandstand. I don't recall us getting a free for that. Maybe that stupid time wasting rule wasn't in then.

Tonight someone said Buddy was the best loose ball player for a big man that he'd ever seen. Jeez, Carey wasn't bad!

Had to laugh - Mickey playing peacemaker at half time.

Belly gets his first possession (that I saw anyway) as the final siren sounds and Bruce says he's second best on ground.

Good interviews with the two marshmallows!;)

Great to watch again. Thanks for posting it, OS.

Thanks for the memories Tef. One of the great occasions to be a North supporter. I was in the AFL Members tossing bags full of marshmallows at the Essendon supporters, including a few of my mates! Happy days!

A few of you lads should throw a few at sheeds next week, perfect way to tell him that we have never forgotten those comments........also great PR ! for the game

I reckon Pascal should sponsor every game vs the Bummers - f*** those soft****!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back