Recommitted Aaron Francis [OOC 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Cleric

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 14, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Aaron may ask for a trade back to SA this year. Took mental health leave to come back to SA and be with family.
Should suit Port better than the Crows. Wouldn't be overly expensive, maybe a late second early third.

Aaron may ask for a trade back to SA this year. Took mental health leave to come back to SA and be with family.
Should suit Port better than the Crows. Wouldn't be overly expensive, maybe a late second early third.
Has already committed to being at Essendon next year

Aaron may request a trade back to SA. He had his obvious mental health issues and came back to SA to be with family. It might be in his best interest to come back to SA. Would suit Port and wouldn't be over expensive.

Francis to SA comes up every year, and it never eventuates

It might do one day, but I doubt it does while he's in contract

I don’t see him leaving but I think he’s a reasonable buy low candidate for a SA team. He clearly has talent just has not gotten near putting it together

Will be interesting to see what he does. He wouldn't be the first player to say he is happy to stay and then ask for a trade.
I have no idea what he will do.
How many have done so less than a week before trade period?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Plenty of players ask for trade less than a week before trade period.
I meant recommitted (which is different to saying that they're happy at the club) less than a week before trade period and then changed their minds?

Would suit Port and wouldn't be over expensive.
How?

We have Alir clurey Jonas McKenzie and burton as backline players who are all clearly ahead. He’s just joining lienert as depth. And that’s before we consider pasini coming on.

And A-A-Ron’s not really a replacement going forward for Jonas or McKenzie in the backline either. The key defender we need to add to our list is a 18-21 yr old 194cm+ true tall defender. Not a 3rd tall type.

Then as a forward he’s clearly behind our current lot.

Unless by suited to port you meant suited to our magpies team as depth..

Leverde's development makes Francis expendable, however his trade value would not be high and better to hang onto him.

i think it's more Heppell becoming a defender vs. Laverde's development.

Minus Heppell, our backline would be;
Ridley Stewart Redman
Francis Laverde Hind
w/Kelly coming in as well (Gleeson/Cutler would make way)

Francis is best as your loose defender who is exiting defence. Think Tom Stewart role. Great reader of play, intercept mark & disposal.
We've never been able to give him that role. He's gone from working to get fitness, to then having to play key defence (Hooker forward, Hurley/Ambrose injured), to then playing forward when Hooker was out & Jones was injured.

We could look to get Redman more up on a wing with Kelly coming in.

I think he's complete rubbish as a forward, will simply not make it in. Especially in a top side - if the Bombers continue to improve he will be phased out soon enough.

His best hope is for defence, where he's easily AFL standard. I'd think he'd find it difficult though to break into the Essendon side as I don't think he offers a PoD to Ridley or Laverde who have really come on in the last 2 seasons respectively, and he's a different player to Stewart (better suited to main KD) and also Kelly (better suited to smalls/mediums). Add in the smalls (Heppell, Hind, Redman, Cutler plus Gleeson) and Reid will be prioritized, I think the most likely ending for Francis is in and out of the 22 in 2022 and traded for chips at the end of the year.

He'll be OOC, 25 and shown to be not quite good enough to crack it as a first choice defender then. Unless Laverde, Ridley or a Redman/Kelly get a LTI in which case he has an excellent opportunity to get a spot back.

i think it's more Heppell becoming a defender vs. Laverde's development.

Minus Heppell, our backline would be;
Ridley Stewart Redman
Francis Laverde Hind
w/Kelly coming in as well (Gleeson/Cutler would make way)

Francis is best as your loose defender who is exiting defence. Think Tom Stewart role. Great reader of play, intercept mark & disposal.
We've never been able to give him that role. He's gone from working to get fitness, to then having to play key defence (Hooker forward, Hurley/Ambrose injured), to then playing forward when Hooker was out & Jones was injured.

We could look to get Redman more up on a wing with Kelly coming in.

I liked what Aaron did as a KPD earlier this year and back end of 2020.

Unfortunately Jayden has gone past him in that #2 key defender role that was available. With the addition of Kelly, he is surplus on our list for defenders now. Talented but feeling like the ship is fast leaving port for him at AFL level. Now or never really

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back