Remove this Banner Ad

They were ages 8 and 12. There is also security camera footage of the attempted abduction of the older boy. The identities of the boys was released which suggests that they weren’t indecently assaulted.

I saw it on the five o’clock news. Wait until you see it. The footage is confronting.
I thought I heard them say he was a neighbour.

FYI - T.Kelly will face sentencing on Wednesday (April 5) before WA District Court Chief Judge Julie Wager related to a single charge of child stealing.

Last edited by a moderator:

They were ages 8 and 12. There is also security camera footage of the attempted abduction of the older boy. The identities of the boys was released which suggests that they weren’t indecently assaulted.

I saw it on the five o’clock news. Wait until you see it. The footage is confronting.
Just watched it. I am absolutely disgusted with the media not only intruding and taking advantage of this families frightening ordeal, but to actually interview the poor child through the car window and then putting it to air!! Media involved have crossed the line in my book, laws need to change.

Just watched it. I am absolutely disgusted with the media not only intruding and taking advantage of this families frightening ordeal, but to actually interview the poor child through the car window and then putting it to air!! Media involved have crossed the line in my book, laws need to change.

Who was protecting the children ?

And who gave the CCTV footage to the media in the first instance ?

Who was protecting the children ?

And who gave the CCTV footage to the media in the first instance ?
Both good questions. Appears a friend or relation was looking after the children, it was their CCT, which they must have given to the police as evidence. Did the care giver keep a copy and give that to the media? or did the police release it to the media?

I think that when the police were searching for the child, for a brief period there may have been an alert sent out to the mobile phones on the area with the child’s first name included, which I guess means that the child was somewhat identifiable, even though it is a very common name.

Both good questions. Appears a friend or relation was looking after the children, it was their CCT, which they must have given to the police as evidence. Did the care giver keep a copy and give that to the media? or did the police release it to the media?
To be clear- the CCT footage is not my concern here - its the moment the media go to the car window and speaks to the child.

FYI - T.Kelly will face sentencing on Wednesday (April 5) before WA District Court Chief Judge Julie Wager related to a single charge of child stealing.

Today is April 5.

Today is April 5.

No surprise, take a quarter off 20 years takes it back to 15 with maybe 12 on the bottom.

However, Kelly is likely to receive a substantial discount of up to 25 per cent — or five years — for his early plea of guilty which he entered in January last year at his third court appearance, only two months after his arrest.

Today is April 5.

I'm a little surprised the ABC have gone early with what is a fairly predictable sentencing outcome - that being I speculate 10 years with minimum 5 for parole, less time served...
Suspect the other MSM outlets have likely already drafted a related sensatational headline and narrative promoting outrage...:rolleyes:

I'm a little surprised the ABC have gone early with what is a fairly predictable sentencing outcome - that being I speculate 10 years with minimum 5 for parole, less time served...
Suspect the other MSM outlets have likely already drafted a related sensatational headline and narrative promoting outrage...:rolleyes:
He's not getting out in 5 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly was sentenced to 13 years and six months in jail after pleading guilty. He'll have to serve over 11 years before he is eligible for release on parole

'Pleaded Guilty'...... he was caught red handed.

What I consider are the most important parts of the below article.

Cleo heard her name on radio while held captive by Terence Kelly during 18-day ordeal

'Heather McNeill'

'Updated April 5, 2023 — 2.39pm'first published at 12.58pm

'Terence Kelly was high on methamphetamine and looking for things to steal when he came across four-year-old Cleo Smith sleeping in her family’s tent in regional Western Australia and decided to abduct her.

The 37-year-old loner had always longed for a family of his own, and wanted a little girl he could dress up and play with.
https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/javascript:void(0);
“I, you know, wanted to hold on to her … I wasn’t planning to keep her forever,” he told police shortly after Cleo was rescued from his house 18 days later.

After his arrest, Kelly told police he “roughed Cleo up a bit a few times” and became angry when Cleo got “bossy” asking for chocolate, but claimed he didn’t want to hurt her and wanted to make sure she was “comfortable”.

He said Cleo cried often and that he had tried unsuccessfully to tie her up.

“I just used sticky tape, but it wasn’t working. So, I thought, ‘I won’t tie her up any more with the sticky tape’. I tried to tie her to the chair and that with her hands, feet and mouth. I tried to do that. She was a bit of a fighter,” he told police.

On the night he abducted her, Kelly unzipped Cleo’s family tent and discovered her sleeping inside, alongside her baby sister and parents.

He quietly bundled her and her sleeping bag into the front seat of his car and drove on dirt tracks for the 75-kilometre journey back to his house in Carnarvon.
Wager said Cleo was often alone at the house.
Director of Public Prosecutions Robert Owen, in summarising the state’s case, did not reveal how police caught Kelly;
Court-appointed psychiatrists found Kelly had a severe personality disorder and longed for his own family, including a little girl.

Wager said Kelly had created a fantasy family and made multiple Facebook profiles of his pretend children. In reality, he lived a detached and isolated life.

“You speak in your record of interview with police about having a number of children … these family members are fictitious, however they are very real to you,” she said.

“You also had a significant interest in Bratz dolls and owned many of them, and this hobby is consistent with your fantasy family life.”

She said Kelly created the family as a coping mechanism to deal with his traumatic childhood after he was abandoned by his parents at two years old.

He has since been diagnosed with severe personality disorder, depression, paranoid schizophrenia, post-traumatic stress disorder and narcissism.

Wager found Kelly lacked concern for others and was a high risk of reoffending.

“[Kelly] has gone from the euphoria of fulfilling his idealised fantasy of having a little girl who he can dress up, play with and be with to a new harsh reality [in jail].”'

Day 28 and still no sleeping bag. WAPOL are a useless....

'Terence Kelly jailed for abducting Cleo Smith as court told of family’s ‘immeasurable’ distress'

'The court heard on Wednesday that Kelly burned the onesie, underwear and sleeping bag that she was taken in.'

Remove this Banner Ad

Back