Remove this Banner Ad

If they are offering a $1m reward, I’d be betting they have some sort of idea who has been involved but that person isn’t co-operating and they need the accomplice/s to sing.

If they are offering a $1m reward, I’d be betting they have some sort of idea who has been involved but that person isn’t co-operating and they need the accomplice/s to sing.

Yep. It should fish out anyone who has knowledge of where she is being held by the abductor.

We have not located her "body" says WAPOL's Col Blanch.

How insensitive to make it sound like she is presumed dead.
I know we don't hire police for their public speaking but this has been a horrible press conference for the WA Police.

The guy called her Chloe, presumed she was dead already and couldn't even spit out their methods of searching..

CCTV from one of the shacks at the Campsite has provided them with evidence of Cleo being at the campsite (says WAPOL Col Blanch just now).

Yeah that comment caught my attention too. I'm surprised that the shack has CCTV and also really really hopeful it is good enough to lead to finding Cleo safe.

Wonder if this was the 'technological' information referred to yesterday, and what else they have that is not being released.

Yeah that comment caught my attention too. I'm surprised that the shack has CCTV and also really really hopeful it is good enough to lead to finding Cleo safe.

Wonder if this was the 'technological' information referred to yesterday, and what else they have that is not being released.

I believe leaking that one of the shacks has cctv is a way of getting the offender to think s**t I better hand myself in because ill be on camera.

that's a huge development, hopefully this speeds up a resolution

Agree and such a reward 'should' see a few monkeys fall out of the trees - however sadly/historically a reward strategy, purely from an investigative perspective, is rarely successful.
And as we've seen with similar recent cases it can also attract a lot of fabricated misinformation that just hinders genuine lines of inquiry - while there maybe others that do have helpful information, but simply do not want to risk being implicated...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We have not located her "body" says WAPOL's Col Blanch.

How insensitive to make it sound like she is presumed dead.

A bit insensitive perhaps but realistically any search for a 4 year old who simply wandered off with no food or water or sun protection after 6 days, including one very stormy and windy night, isn't gonna find anything else.

It genuinely feels strange that the best hope for a positive outcome is that she was abducted and the abductor for whatever reason wants to keep her alive. But unfortunately the only way I see that happening is if it's a "well-meaning relative" scenario as some have proposed where someone who knew she was there wanted her out of a situation for whatever reason. With all the publicity, I sadly can't see a stranger wanting Cleo anywhere near him if the police pull him over

Agree and such a reward 'should' see a few monkeys fall out of the trees - however sadly/historically a reward strategy, purely from an investigative perspective, is rarely successful.
And as we've seen with similar recent cases it can also attract a lot of fabricated misinformation that just hinders genuine lines of inquiry - while there maybe others that do have helpful information, but simply do not want to risk being implicated...

I feel sorry for the people manning the tip line who will have to wade through a bunch of ghouls suggesting the parents did it because they watched a TV interview just to get to the one or two tips that might actually lead somewhere

If that CCTV had any valuable visage of the perp they would have jumped on them by now. I dont think any of the CCTV cameras that were in the area and there were apparently a few, have given an viable clews.

A bit insensitive perhaps but realistically any search for a 4 year old who simply wandered off with no food or water or sun protection after 6 days, including one very stormy and windy night, isn't gonna find anything else.

It genuinely feels strange that the best hope for a positive outcome is that she was abducted and the abductor for whatever reason wants to keep her alive. But unfortunately the only way I see that happening is if it's a "well-meaning relative" scenario as some have proposed where someone who knew she was there wanted her out of a situation for whatever reason. With all the publicity, I sadly can't see a stranger wanting Cleo anywhere near him if the police pull him over
Another possibility to the well meaning relative theory is they have a friend who can’t get pregnant, and it got too much for them seeing the Mum with a 7 mo baby plus Cleo.

If that CCTV had any valuable visage of the perp they would have jumped on them by now. I dont think any of the CCTV cameras that were in the area and there were apparently a few, have given an viable clews.
Agreed. I suspect the camera caught footage of Cleo entering the site but not the perp or the abduction.

Another possibility to the well meaning relative theory is they have a friend who can’t get pregnant, and it got too much for them seeing the Mum with a 7 mo baby plus Cleo.
The relative theory doesn't really work for me. Given the coverage, closed borders and the fact that you would want her alive and near civilization.

Yeah I don't put too much stock in the relative theory myself but it is really the last bit of hope at this stage of a positive outcome.

If she wandered off by herself, after 6 days I don't think she's still with us. And with the stats on stranger abductions plus the high-profile nature of her disappearance, if a stranger took her I don't think she's still with them either

Yeah I don't put too much stock in the relative theory myself but it is really the last bit of hope at this stage of a positive outcome.

If she wandered off by herself, after 6 days I don't think she's still with us. And with the stats on stranger abductions plus the high-profile nature of her disappearance, if a stranger took her I don't think she's still with them either
Agreed sadly.
JUST A THEORY: It's now an operation to find the remains and just as importantly the perp. If the person or people responsible are found and are guilty they need to hang.

At the risk of repeating myself - there would be/is a lot of information the police are not sharing, as their intention quite rightly in such cases, would be to use the media to help with the investigation, not hinder it..!
The couple's recent interview with the media is case in point, as it was essentially just a summary of events. While probably not rehearsed, this would of been encouraged by the police who no doubt would of been present ready to interject in case the media pursued further detail, details the police did/do not want publicly known.
E.G. In between "we looked around the tent ?-? and then got into the car", the police would likely have pages of information with details of where the couple actually looked, who they spoke to at the site etc. - but if they share any of this with the media, suddenly out comes all sorts of crazy theories with innocent campers being labeled possible suspects etc.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back