Remove this Banner Ad

In a remote camp ground 99% of Australia has never heard of? ... Could understand if it was in a resort somewhere like Lisbon, Portugal... oh wait, that's been done. Ok, ANY resort or holiday spot near a major centre. Plenty of places around Perth, if you're confined to that state. But in that place... and to get away with it completely leaving no clues... clever or lucky? ... I don't know what I'm trying to say, but does any of it make sense?

And south east Asia, India even more so. Agree this is so brazen /remote and doesn’t make sense.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

The brazenness of it almost makes me wonder if it's possibly a first time offender.

Say someone who had been having thoughts, possibly like others have said having a peep into people's tents. This night he's having a peep and this time decides to act on his thoughts. No real planning or thoughts of what to do afterwards just pure impulse kicking in.

He somehow manages to get back to his car without her waking up or anyone being alerted but he hasn't really thought too much further ahead he's just surviving on pure luck. Some first time creep on an adrenaline kick with nerves setting in could explain the tyres screeching if he accidentally floored it while his mind is racing thinking about what he's supposed to do next

Missing child aside, does anyone else find it more than a little disturbing that considering how risky it is to leave WA and not get stranded at the moment that after a week there's still 12 child sex offenders unaccounted for?

That's 12 potentially dangerous individuals who can't be found to verify their whereabouts if required after a week. Imagine of one of them was accused of something and had to be found. I know our state is huge but surely you can't just drop off the radar so easily

As usual 'headline' first with zero context from 'the media'..!
12 unaccounted registered offenders, OK but from how many - 10 or 15,000...? And all 12 are probably dead, someone just hasn't updated the records...

Last edited:
The brazenness of it almost makes me wonder if it's possibly a first time offender.

Say someone who had been having thoughts, possibly like others have said having a peep into people's tents. This night he's having a peep and this time decides to act on his thoughts. No real planning or thoughts of what to do afterwards just pure impulse kicking in.

He somehow manages to get back to his car without her waking up or anyone being alerted but he hasn't really thought too much further ahead he's just surviving on pure luck. Some first time creep on an adrenaline kick with nerves setting in could explain the tyres screeching if he accidentally floored it while his mind is racing thinking about what he's supposed to do next
It just seems too brazen, too lucky, too convenient that he’s got away leaving no trace.

As usual 'headline' first with zero context from the media..!
12 unaccounted registered offenders, OK but from how many - 10 or 15,000...? And they are probably all dead, someone just hasn't updated the records...
Hopefully there’s an unaccounted for sex offender serial killer in WA

In the below, I’ve marked the approx. position of the tent with a red X.
It might be a bit to the NW of this if it's where No. 16 is, if No 16 was removed recently and replaced with a camping spot.

Broken Paradign’s positioning of the tent correlates with a camping area (green) next to a parking area (yellow) on the below 2018 Council diagram of the site.
View attachment 1265786

Hey Bfew another great find. Looks like this plan was done at time Council planned the destruction of certain shacks in 2019. comparing this plan with the photos I posted earlier I now I consider the tent was positioned between 28 and 31. GE shows a small dirt track that would be between 28 and the tent area. The large 28 on front of that bldg is like a house number to be seen from the dirt access track. If this is correct the monster had easy access to the tent and very close to the exit road without passing other campers and away from possible witnesses. The position the tent was at was away from other campers and blocked from view by 28 bldg from other campers, possibly why others say they did not see Cloe. Unfortunately the perfect advantage for this unspeakable subhuman monster.

It just seems too brazen, too lucky, too convenient that he’s got away leaving no trace.

Then again it was out in the wilderness, minimal witnesses, no security, everyone asleep etc. No disrespect but it seems like the typical kind of setting for it. However, I still think it far too risky as you have potential that Bub could’ve stirred and there’s 3 other family members in the same tent who could’ve woken, so, there’s that.

Been ages since I posted in here, but this case piqued my interest because police are (rightly IMO) offering a reward early in the piece rather than waiting until years down the track when they’ve exhausted everything else.

The dashcam footage is interesting. I see two options here. Either they have looked at any dashcam footage and CCTV directly relevant to the campsite itself and found a vehicle or vehicles of interest they want to track OR they are hoping to find a vehicle of interest in this.

Personally I think it is the latter. They have asked for footage from 6pm on the Friday, which is before the arrival of the family. If they had vehicles of interest already, I don’t think they’d need that. I suppose they could be just trying to match things up or want to be as vague as possible not to tip off a suspect and be planning to disregard some, but I tend towards believing that the search is so broad they haven’t narrowed it down. I think they are trying to find a vehicle or vehicles that were in the area the evening before and follow a trajectory the next morning that is consistent with whatever timeline they have come up with.

I genuinely don’t like their chances.
I assume nighttime dashcam and CCTV in actual darkness on a country road is pretty useless for identifying much. How much footage is going to exist from the night before after 6pm before it got dark, and especially given any perpetrator may have come in to the area completely after dark?

Then with Cleo being taken between 1:30-6am, and the most likely time being around 3am (not just due to the sound of car tyres screeching, but also because that’s a likely time for everyone in the camping area to be asleep and someone to pull off a brazen act), that is approximately 2.5 hours before light. So in the morning they’re essentially missing 2.5 hours where they can follow anything. Perpetrator could have hotfooted it hundreds of kms away, could have gone to Carnarvon and hidden, or could have stayed nearby.

It is in my view a long shot to see a car in the area or somewhere consistent the evening before and match it to one in the morning full stop, let alone any such match being anything more than coincidence.

I also personally don’t believe that police have a specific vehicle they are looking for because it has taken so long for them to do this. If they had a clear idea it would have come from interviews with the other campers or the CCTV from the nearby buildings, which they had days ago. Of course they don’t necessarily tell the public everything they know, but they would still in my view have asked for the footage if they had information even if they didn’t tell the public what that information was. Can’t see them being suspicious about, say, a white van four days ago but waiting until now to launch a huge search for where that white van might be.

I also don’t think they would ask for that volume of footage now if they were after something specific. The argument about tipping off the perpetrator and risking the perpetrator killing Cleo doesn’t hold. In my view the publicity in this case and the offer of a reward already risked that. No point making a search for a vehicle more difficult for no discernible purpose.

I think this is a Hail Mary. I don’t think they have a clue and they know time is running out.

Would the subhuman have followed the family from Carnarvon and when he found where they set up it gave him the perfect opportunity to fulfill his sick fantasy?

When caught he will get what he deserves from fellow inmates for sure.

Didn't police say early on that people had left the campsite before police arrived on Saturday mid morning? Hopefully those vehicles have been caught on cctv. Would it be the caretakers shack where the cctv is installed? The cattle grids as well. Are the cameras visible on the grids? Surely Carnarvon locals would know where the cctvs are?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People here know more on this than I do but if she was abducted, surely today's media blitz would've spooked the perpetrator.
In my view, any perpetrator would have long since been spooked by the amount of publicity in this case, and certainly once police publically shifted to the abduction theory and a reward was offered.

I personally don’t think the window is closing on finding her; I think that has passed. I think the window is closing on solving what happened at all.

To stay at the campsite you don't pre-book. Instructions on council site say go there choose your site then pay on line. That's probably why they have cctv setup. Police may have cross checked records of vehicle entry vs online payment records and have records of vehicles not linked to a payment hence they know who to track down. Hopefully!

In my view, any perpetrator would have long since been spooked by the amount of publicity in this case, and certainly once police publically shifted to the abduction theory and a reward was offered.

I personally don’t think the window is closing on finding her; I think that has passed. I think the window is closing on solving what happened at all.

I worry they are considering speaking with the Tyrrell case investigators. 7 years no outcome.

To stay at the campsite you don't pre-book. Instructions on council site say go there choose your site then pay on line. That's probably why they have cctv setup. Police may have cross checked records of vehicle entry vs online payment records and have records of vehicles not linked to a payment hence they know who to track down. Hopefully!
If they can match up campsite CCTV with vehicle details and online payment records I assume that would have been done days ago. I think either they have very vague/incomplete information and have exhausted all other efforts to fill the gaps (hence the dashcam and CCTV request) or they have none (hence again the dashcam and CCTV request).

I worry they are considering speaking with the Tyrrell case investigators. 7 years no outcome.
The Daniel Morcombe case took longer to solve and they still eventually did, so it’s not completely hopeless, but yes, becomes harder and harder. The William Tyrell investigators may be able to provide insight about things they wished they’d done but didn’t. That can be enormously helpful.

just hope someone seen something and alert the police, 3-4 days in a car around the surrounding area with a 4 year old in hot weather(if she is still with us, and i really hope she is) it would be difficult to stop for needs etc. without giving clues away i would imagine, The other thing is a Caravan, after all it was a campsite.' Meekatharra, Tom's Price', For the registered sex offenders, it could be every month in a year they are needed to be realigned. Makes me feel with no words to describe such sick inhuman activity of these low life's that we have to live with in our decent lives everyday.

Been ages since I posted in here, but this case piqued my interest because police are (rightly IMO) offering a reward early in the piece rather than waiting until years down the track when they’ve exhausted everything else.

The dashcam footage is interesting. I see two options here. Either they have looked at any dashcam footage and CCTV directly relevant to the campsite itself and found a vehicle or vehicles of interest they want to track OR they are hoping to find a vehicle of interest in this.

Personally I think it is the latter. They have asked for footage from 6pm on the Friday, which is before the arrival of the family. If they had vehicles of interest already, I don’t think they’d need that. I suppose they could be just trying to match things up or want to be as vague as possible not to tip off a suspect and be planning to disregard some, but I tend towards believing that the search is so broad they haven’t narrowed it down. I think they are trying to find a vehicle or vehicles that were in the area the evening before and follow a trajectory the next morning that is consistent with whatever timeline they have come up with.

I genuinely don’t like their chances.
I assume nighttime dashcam and CCTV in actual darkness on a country road is pretty useless for identifying much. How much footage is going to exist from the night before after 6pm before it got dark, and especially given any perpetrator may have come in to the area completely after dark?

Then with Cleo being taken between 1:30-6am, and the most likely time being around 3am (not just due to the sound of car tyres screeching, but also because that’s a likely time for everyone in the camping area to be asleep and someone to pull off a brazen act), that is approximately 2.5 hours before light. So in the morning they’re essentially missing 2.5 hours where they can follow anything. Perpetrator could have hotfooted it hundreds of kms away, could have gone to Carnarvon and hidden, or could have stayed nearby.

It is in my view a long shot to see a car in the area or somewhere consistent the evening before and match it to one in the morning full stop, let alone any such match being anything more than coincidence.

I also personally don’t believe that police have a specific vehicle they are looking for because it has taken so long for them to do this. If they had a clear idea it would have come from interviews with the other campers or the CCTV from the nearby buildings, which they had days ago. Of course they don’t necessarily tell the public everything they know, but they would still in my view have asked for the footage if they had information even if they didn’t tell the public what that information was. Can’t see them being suspicious about, say, a white van four days ago but waiting until now to launch a huge search for where that white van might be.

I also don’t think they would ask for that volume of footage now if they were after something specific. The argument about tipping off the perpetrator and risking the perpetrator killing Cleo doesn’t hold. In my view the publicity in this case and the offer of a reward already risked that. No point making a search for a vehicle more difficult for no discernible purpose.

I think this is a Hail Mary. I don’t think they have a clue and they know time is running out.

I like your thoughts on timing. Maybe the current distance parameter in police dashcam cctv request is linked to 1. 30am and the time they arrived on scene. getaway at average 100kph x say x 10 hours.

The Daniel Morcombe case took longer to solve and they still eventually did, so it’s not completely hopeless, but yes, becomes harder and harder. The William Tyrell investigators may be able to provide insight about things they wished they’d done but didn’t. That can be enormously helpful.

Yeah like in 2014 didnt declare a crime scene , it wasn't done. In Daniel's case they 1st interviewed Cowan a week later and missed following up on an alibi he gave them which ended up being totally false.

There was a delay by parents in contacting police due to them searching area themselves with callous on Facebook etc for help which came. Locals came with drones and 4wheelers etc. All over the scene before police were contacted. Evidence contamination for sure.

People really need to seek police assistance and advice 1st before social media shoutouts so that crime scenes are uncontaminated or altered. The subhuman may have turned up to 'help'.

I was just going down the same trail:

1634901906713.png

Hopefully they have a record of everyone who was on that site. I guess this is managed by the on site co-ordinator (is their a co-ordinator on site everyday of the week)? How strict are they on managing this payment system? Is it an honest policy or are they quite strict on registrations?

I wonder if the same CCTV that confirmed Cleo was at the campsite has captured any leads for the police. I just hope it had proper night vision capabilities:

1634902513183.png

I like your thoughts on timing. Maybe the current distance parameter in police dashcam cctv request is linked to 1. 30am and the time they arrived on scene. getaway at average 100kph x say x 10 hours.
Not sure why they particularly chose 1000kms, but it seems to me that they effectively want to cover all of northern country WA up to the point that is becomes too complicated (eg Perth where the sheer amount of footage would be a hindrance rather than a help).

I don’t think the perpetrator went anywhere near that far with Cleo, unless she was drugged. At some point she is going to wake up, make a fuss, need to go to the toilet, want food etc, and however scared and subdued she is, this will be difficult to handle. I don’t think the perpetrator is stopping at a Roadhouse with her, or spending an overnight at a motel - all too visible. And the longer the perpetrator travels with Cleo, the more visible they are and the more likely to get caught.

Whether it was a planned abduction or an opportunistic one, I don’t think they travelled far, at least initially, and I think it would be to a known environment where a perpetrator felt safe. And a peeping tom style person who grabbed her on impulse with nowhere specific to go in my view would have been more likely to just suddenly drop her on the side of the road and disappear than carry on with a terrified and difficult small child.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back