Moved Thread Academies - When do we all get one?

Remove this Banner Ad

Cats fan wants fair and equal treatment, yet wants horrifically unfair home ground advantage all season.

Unfair advantage
It's our home ground
Our supporters, the government, the AFL, the council, we have all invested in this ground
Don't give me this unfair bullshit about KP, GAGF

That's your own fault for investing in a ground you'll soon be banned from playing at.

This isn't the Alex Jones conspiracy files
Take your stupid opinions and * off to Info Wars

c6d0a493e7f3722d883fd58a1627dcb7.jpg

Can we get a home final first?

Oh sorry, I'm being a sook for wanting the competition to be fair and for everyone to get equal treatment.

The reality is the A$F$L want the Northern clubs to win and will give them a leg up where possible in the name of 'integrity' when really it's about boosting potential viewership for the next TV Deal, meaning more $$$$ for the execs at AFL House who are on $200-300k a year.
Welcome to our world.
If we get through to the GF against Richmond we have to travel so Richmond can play the GF at their home ground with 70% tigers crowd.
We have to submit our players to a parade through the streets of Melbourne yet Richmond dont have to attend a GF parade in Adelaide.

How many of Isaac's parents were born overseas?

You know quite well that our academies are only for indigenous and 'multicultural' kids
Why are you just picking on Sydney?
GWS have done better than us out of the academy.

Welcome to our world.
If we get through to the GF against Richmond we have to travel so Richmond can play the GF at their home ground with 70% tigers crowd.
We have to submit our players to a parade through the streets of Melbourne yet Richmond dont have to attend a GF parade in Adelaide.
Richmond in a Grand Final?

Not happening. Don't worry about it.

Thats the next generation academy, you dont have a rights to them in the national draft you can only select them if they fall through the national draft into the rookie draft.
That's not true. You can take players in the national draft from the next gen academies and you get the same discount

If the Vic teams were allowed same academy bidding rights with their VFL listed players that may help

We had Long and Hannan drafted from Footscray last year, and 3 or 4 likely types this year.

Poor old North miss out. Then again, by 2020 when they are based in Tassie they could have a moratorium established on that state. Need a solution for the Saints.

Then the WA & SA teams will want exclusivity to their respective home states. That can't happen as it will over balance the current inequality.

So. Brissy GC. GWS SYD Get to keep their academies.
Vic teams get bidding system rights on their VFL teams
SA. & WA. Teams Get first 2 (?) picks in a State Draft held before the National Draft

Everyone happy ?

If the Vic teams were allowed same academy bidding rights with their VFL listed players that may help

We had Long and Hannan drafted from Footscray last year, and 3 or 4 likely types this year.

Poor old North miss out. Then again, by 2020 when they are based in Tassie they could have a moratorium established on that state. Need a solution for the Saints.

Then the WA & SA teams will want exclusivity to their respective home states. That can't happen as it will over balance the current inequality.

So. Brissy GC. GWS SYD Get to keep their academies.
Vic teams get bidding system rights on their VFL teams
SA. & WA. Teams Get first 2 (?) picks in a State Draft held before the National Draft

Everyone happy ?
Hannan got drafted late, you could've taken him... it's not as tho we get them for free.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think you're just whinging for the sake of whinging

FFS are you guys paranoid. I'm actually suggesting a concept to STOP all the whining. Where am I complaining ? I simply gave examples of 2 quality VFL players that were drafted from the VFL. AFL teams pay the wages of their VFL players. So would it hurt if the AFL club was given the advantage to "match" a bid just like academy and F&S picks ?

FFS are you guys paranoid. I'm actually suggesting a concept to STOP all the whining. Where am I complaining ? I simply gave examples of 2 quality VFL players that were drafted from the VFL. AFL teams pay the wages of their VFL players. So would it hurt if the AFL club was given the advantage to "match" a bid just like academy and F&S picks ?
Who cares

EIGHT Victorian Clubs who don't get any leg ups on recruiting players numb nuts. And FOUR teams from Traditional footy states who also get SFA. But scoot off to your Sydney bubble and pretend COLA and Academy scenarios create a fairer comp.
Why don't you cry about it

EIGHT Victorian Clubs who don't get any leg ups on recruiting players numb nuts. And FOUR teams from Traditional footy states who also get SFA. But scoot off to your Sydney bubble and pretend COLA and Academy scenarios create a fairer comp.
All teams have academies like Sydney's. Same bidding process, limits on the eligibility of players who can join and be taken from it.
Everyone happy ?
No, because in your scenario, teams in Victoria and Western Australia can draft from areas and long established programs that routinely pump out high quality players, whereas Sydney and the Gold Coast get areas that have produced, at best, a small handful of players in decades. How is that any fairer than the current set up?

20 of the top 25 on one draft board were Victorians. Vic clubs can't whinge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back