List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Dawson wanted desperately to go to a 2021 high achieving club, he would stay in Sydney. But he wants home. That's not Port Adelaide. He's always been a crows man along with all his family. Although we have probably offered him a good deal to jolt him out of a good club like yours, I can't think of why he would be attracted to Port given his reasons for leaving.
We've copped this in the neck enough times to know how you feel which may get worse once you realise the losing club really is the losing club. Brace yourself is my advice.
One last thing... On this board, we'll hear no such thing as Port being more talented than us. They're at a different stage of the cycle. That's all. But next year and the year after, let's see the direction of our respective cycles.
Thanks for posting here. Come back anytime if you like... just to check how our new recruit is settling in.😋
So you’re telling me there’s a chance? 😅, to be fair I don’t think because he’s a crows supporter that he is guaranteed to come here, I’m pretty sure Fantasia was a crows supporter and polec was also a crows supporter but he chose port. We shall see soon...

He also said they don’t start mega pristine with players until they know they want to come to the club
Port do the media thing almost impeccably compared to us - his language suggests they are very much in the box sit/it’s a done deal

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Port genuinely handle the media way better than we do and they had to learn because how crap they were.
Less $$ and less members = more spin.

My Intel it was our $$ that prised Dawson out of Sydney.
After the weekends flogging Davies came out with all tough talk sounding like a bully that just got his pants pulled down in front of the class and trying to reinstate his authority.

They lost Schofield, Voss is campaigning, Kenny will be gone next year, their about to lose the old brigade, Davies was postering trying to present a tough club knowing full well how fragile they truly are.

They have a bit of competition back in town and he presented small person syndrome.

If we land Dawson and Lukosius over the next 2 years it will demoralise their fans.

Now I could be wrong but it was clearly said around 2 weeks ago if we can get the players we want over the next 2 years with a tone that implied we are getting the players we require, as in its not an option ,we will push strongly in 2023 season. Reading between the lines gun mids from the draft over the next 2 years plus a small forward and trade in 2 elite kicks that are good over head and can play either end of the ground set us up pretty well moving forward.

I'm interested if we had Dawson and Lukosius where would we play them and how much if any of the decision to cut Lynch is because how confident we are moving forward.

Cook 189cm, Dawson 192cm, Luko 195cm would give us some pretty skilful marking options around the ground.

So you’re telling me there’s a chance? 😅, to be fair I don’t think because he’s a crows supporter that he is guaranteed to come here, I’m pretty sure Fantasia was a crows supporter and polec was also a crows supporter but he chose port. We shall see soon...
I know it's not certain yet but I was really just humouring our Swans guest. Fancy him coming in here and saying Port was the "talent" option. That's a line in the sand on a crows board.
Also, he was quite clever with his words but he was only trying to create a bidding war.
All that said, Dawson might end up at Port and I'll have egg on my face... Oh well...

Port genuinely handle the media way better than we do and they had to learn because how crap they were.
Less $$ and less members = more spin.

My Intel it was our $$ that prised Dawson out of Sydney.
After the weekends flogging Davies came out with all tough talk sounding like a bully that just got his pants pulled down in front of the class and trying to reinstate his authority.

They lost Schofield, Voss is campaigning, Kenny will be gone next year, their about to lose the old brigade, Davies was postering trying to present a tough club knowing full well how fragile they truly are.

They have a bit of competition back in town and he presented small person syndrome.

If we land Dawson and Lukosius over the next 2 years it will demoralise their fans.

Now I could be wrong but it was clearly said around 2 weeks ago if we can get the players we want over the next 2 years with a tone that implied we are getting the players we require, as in its not an option ,we will push strongly in 2023 season. Reading between the lines gun mids from the draft over the next 2 years plus a small forward and trade in 2 elite kicks that are good over head and can play either end of the ground set us up pretty well moving forward.

I'm interested if we had Dawson and Lukosius where would we play them and how much if any of the decision to cut Lynch is because how confident we are moving forward.

Cook 189cm, Dawson 192cm, Luko 195cm would give us some pretty skilful marking options around the ground.
I've said this many times, we have been working on Dawson for 12 months before he became more noticed as a quality player on the AFL radar

Davies comments yesterday saying that Port have not had meaningful discussions with Dawson is telling well someone has had to have had meaningful discussions with him to convince him to inform Sydney that he wants to be traded back to SA

People comparing Davies comments to those of Fantasia, these are two different situations. At the time when Davies said that Port had not spoke with Fantasia the player was still under contract and yet to inform Essendon of his trade request. Port had no choice but to use that line....

In the case of Dawson he is coming out of contract and has informed Sydney of his desire to be traded back to SA, their is no benefit for Davies to say we haven't had meaningful discussions if this was not the case

Davies could be tempering expectations that Iif Dawsin does selected Adelaide, that Port were not able to present a case to Dawson and his Management

Recruirers often say it's a 12 months process in bring a player to your club, there is plenty of ground work that needs to get done to get to an offer stage the AFC has been in this process for 12 mths

That's my read on the situation

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Small article in today’s paper saying we will re-sign Borland for 1 year. nothing about Newchurch. Hopefully he gets a contract extension also.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

Yep, fantasia was a Crows supporter. Said as much in an interview to my port supporting nephew. Do we know how serious we were in attempting to land Fantasia? Was an offer tabled ?

Yep, fantasia was a Crows supporter. Said as much in an interview to my port supporting nephew. Do we know how serious we were in attempting to land Fantasia? Was an offer tabled ?

Crows are on public record that we were not interested in trading for him last year, and we told him as much, as confirmed by Fantasia himself…

I dont agree and I didn't recieve it as confident or arrogant

It was completely mixed messages and it depends on where you put the emphasis on the mix messaging

Of course their extremely interested, both clubs are and what are they expected to say

Yet to have meaningful conversations, surely a player doesn't tell his former club that he wants to be traded home without first having meaningful discussions with clubs of interest, or the club that he is interested in joining

After hearing Davies comments I actually walked away feeling more confident about our chases

But I guess we all read things differently

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope you are right

Why is Dawson leaving Sydney? My view is that he doesnt fit their salary cap. So who can pay him more? Well the Crows should be able to. So we should add $200,000 pa to any offer Port make. I cant see how he doesnt come to the crows with half competent list management (maybe wishful assumption of competence). If he wanted success then he would stay at Sydney. He might be homesick but in my view Homesick usually means want to get paid significantly more with the small upside of seeing family and friends. Most dont say that money is the biggest factor but we often see want to go home morphs into moving half way across the country for more money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Polec was a Port fan growing up. As stated, we didn't make Fantasia an offer.

Davies is a tosser and I don't think he'd show his extreme interest if he wasn't confident, he wouldn't want to be seen as losing a player they wanted to the Crows.

Now that confidence might come from what he knows or it might be that he is an arrogant cocky w***er and thinks they'd get him because they are Port.

Lol. He's so far from a tosser, this comment just makes you look like one. I know him personally, and he has integrity and is a bloody good operator. No need to make it personal, he's doing his job FFS.

Lol. He's so far from a tosser, this comment just makes you look like one. I know him personally, and he has integrity and is a bloody good operator. No need to make it personal, he's doing his job FFS.
You are right, saying the Crows are jealous of Port and his numerous cocky comments doesn't make him an arrogant cocky w***er.

Back