List Mgmt. Adelaide Crows 2021 List Management thread

Will the Crows pick up any of these players in the off-season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Strongly disagree.

There was a sliding doors moment with Richmond for example with Dustin Martin.

If they'd pushed him out the door they don't have any of their 3 recent premierships.
Disagree. He was one piece of the reason for their success, he wasn't "the" reason.

The way they handle players is more the point there. We stuff up our best midfielders exit from the club and give up a potential top 3 pick - because he prefers powder to liquid AND got caught holding the bag.

Richmond changed who they were and what they stood for. They changed what mattered inside the club. Martin is a great example of what can happen if you get out of the way and stop stifling development with archaic structures and processes.

It was a bloody good decision to do everything to keep him though!!! It would have been much harder without him - I still think they would have been successful. But sure, having potentially the best finals player of all time in your squad doesn't hurt :)

the treatment of a single player can have a significant effect on culture, messaging and buy in from stakeholders inside and out.

for example how do you sell a rebuild to players, agents, supporters and sponsors when you dart from one thing to another.

authenticity and consistency are very closely related.

look at when Roo slagged off Greenwood, that has a lot more impact that just talking about a single player
Agreed. I think you are saying the same thing as me ... I'm saying the individual isn't the pivot. The stuff behind it - yep, that can kill a club.

Disagree. He was one piece of the reason for their success, he wasn't "the" reason.

The way they handle players is more the point there. We stuff up our best midfielders exit from the club and give up a potential top 3 pick - because he prefers powder to liquid AND got caught holding the bag.

Richmond changed who they were and what they stood for. They changed what mattered inside the club. Martin is a great example of what can happen if you get out of the way and stop stifling development with archaic structures and processes.

It was a bloody good decision to do everything to keep him though!!! It would have been much harder without him - I still think they would have been successful. But sure, having potentially the best finals player of all time in your squad doesn't hurt :)

You're showing you don't really know what you're talking about.

Martin was being actively shopped around because Richmond weren't keen on him, but no other club was interested because of his issues.

You're showing you don't really know what you're talking about.

Martin was being actively shopped around because Richmond weren't keen on him, but no other club was interested because of his issues.
Hang on. Are you saying Richmond didn't want him and were shopping him BECAUSE of his off-field?

Don't think so.

He all but signed for GWS didn't he before it was "pulled from above" (from memory).

Anyway, how does that fit into your narrative??? Are you saying we just need to get lucky with a player that stays and hope they turn out to be the GOAT?

Hang on. Are you saying Richmond didn't want him and were shopping him BECAUSE of his off-field?

Don't think so.

He all but signed for GWS didn't he before it was "pulled from above" (from memory).

Anyway, how does that fit into your narrative??? Are you saying we just need to get lucky with a player that stays and hope they turn out to be the GOAT?

What you're talking about is way later than when Richmond were trying to offload him.

Also what I'm saying is that one player CAN make or break a rebuild.

Jordan Dawson is an interesting one.

Quality high skill distributor.

Drafted in 2015 from Sturt as a 20 year old:

Selection No. 56 – Jordan Dawson
"Jordan is a medium sized forward who ended up playing some good football with Sturt at league level in the SANFL. Has really strong hands overhead and has a booming left foot kick." – Kinnear Beatson

Played 5 games in his first 3 seasons.

Established himself in the first team from 2019 as a 23 year old.

Has now played 49 games. Will be 25 next year.

Would add to Smith, Sholl, Milera as another skilful outside receiver.

Good acquisition if the price is not too high.

Dawson is interesting.. we don't really need another half back do we? Also at 25 he is a bit older than the rest of our up and coming players. I haven't seen enough of him to know his capability in other positions so could be way off

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan Dawson is an interesting one.

Quality high skill distributor.

Drafted in 2015 from Sturt as a 20 year old:

Selection No. 56 – Jordan Dawson
"Jordan is a medium sized forward who ended up playing some good football with Sturt at league level in the SANFL. Has really strong hands overhead and has a booming left foot kick." – Kinnear Beatson

Played 5 games in his first 3 seasons.

Established himself in the first team from 2019 as a 23 year old.

Has now played 49 games. Will be 25 next year.

Would add to Smith, Sholl, Milera as another skilful outside receiver.

Good acquisition if the price is not too high.
LOL

This is the mob that thought the all time king of spuds Jesse White was a fair trade for Kurt Tippett?

If you take a normal amount of picks into a draft then nearly every side is rebuilding.

Nope, you’re conflating two separate factors. Reid said that you need 4 straight drafts to rebuild and effectively that by happenstance we’re half way through that. It is totally independent of when the club decided it was actually rebuilding. Which was about 4 rounds into 2020.

If there's any truth to the Dawson story being put forward by VAFL employees we sure are going to be overstocked with medium defenders, Hinge and now Dawson to add to the stockpile.
I think they are feeding off their own stories - https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...a/news-story/52ad6a719c4c6461485a95126c025c62 Crows are looking to bring home SA players *google out of contract South Australians*

Having said that, if our strategy in the next few years is to bring SA boys home then I'm all for it.

LOL

This is the mob that thought the all time king of spuds Jesse White was a fair trade for Kurt Tippett?
Straight swap for the Matt Crouch compo pick? Haha

Pick one in the PSD would have helped!

I think we need more two way players, forward or back. Eg defenders like Hamill who defend and win contests as well as rebound. Eg forwards like Charles who defend and win contests as well as create goals.

Dawson is going at 6.5 intercepts per game which is ahead of most of our list except for Doedee and Kelly. I had him in mind as mainly a receiver but perhaps I am being unfair

Straight swap for the Matt Crouch compo pick? Haha

I think we need more two way players, forward or back. Eg defenders like Hamill who defend and win contests as well as rebound. Eg forwards like Charles who defend and win contests as well as create goals.

Dawson is going at 6.5 intercepts per game which is ahead of most of our list except for Doedee and Kelly. I had him in mind as mainly a receiver but perhaps I am being unfair
Late 2nd rounder I would think, he's no Zak Jones....We need a mid with wheels unless Jones magically finds his mojo.

Edit : to go with our already competent inside ball winners, that's why Campbell Chesser might be high up on our draft board, especially if we pick up another inside ball winner Ollie Davis in the MSD.

Last edited:
Back