News Adelaide Crows Camp Allegations and Rumors

Remove this Banner Ad

The next time the Club wants to exercise some stupidity they really should open a thread up on here on Bigfooty and ask us to vote.

Generally speaking it would serve as a better guide as to how stupid their ideas are compared to their own mindset and thinking process.

Except apart from McDowell, they are all still on the board. They can be as discontented as they like. Means nothing because they endorse the actions by remaining in the role.
The chair and his lapdog are gone at the end of the year

This has been my entire point since 2018. Fans/club need to take a stand at some point. Otherwise gutter journalism against us will only likely to increase, not decrease.

What can the fans do? We don't know what's happened, we're regularly lied to when we are provided information. If you've got a problem, you need to be directing it to the club, this is entirely of their own making.

And yet it was introduced by an indigenous bloke.

How's that relevant. Someone was googling to find out about them and couldn't find anything. There's a reason it's called secret. I wasn't commenting on the event at the camp, I was commenting on expecting to find everything about indigenous business on google.

What can the fans do? We don't know what's happened, we're regularly lied to when we are provided information. If you've got a problem, you need to be directing it to the club, this is entirely of their own making.
Yes and no. The club indeed needs to revise its strategy to improve culture/environment/results.

The other side of the equation is that if media trolls are let loose to do as they please, then it will not matter one bit who’s governing the club, and the club will continue to be disadvantaged by the public unrest created by such trolls.

And the chair is picking his own replacement. That'll fill everyone with confidence the incoming person is going to shake things up for the better.
Bill Sanders wants Chappo to stay too, yet Chappy is nothing like Bill.

Put it this way, no one else could be as bad as the guys in charge now.

The part of this that I don’t understand is that Mclure has written that confidential information about players has been disclosed by the club to Collective Minds. This has lead to rumors being made about certain players. Now McLure & Don are telling the AFC to tell the full story. What are their expectations? It’s now impossible for Adelaide to tell the full story without going into detail on the personal information that players didn’t want disclosed in the first place.
It’s Sam’s fault that these player issues are common knowledge amongst the public. Without his reporting they would have remained confidential.

Pyke is a ****ing dog for commenting on this shit in the public arena when he is so responsible for it.

How DARE he demand the AFC 'come clean' as if his hands aren't dirty.

He took the boards dirty hush money as part of his seperation.

Huge article in the Herald Sun:

- AFL investigation was basically the AFL investigating itself
- AFC lost its soul when it got the AFL to buy it's license
- The cultural issues were apparent back when Gunston left.
- AFC approached Trigg to take up a position on the board

It's a long, but interesting read.

This is a must read.

Damning, and incredibly accurate.

Shows once again that the AFC Executive have made decisions in their own interest, before the Club. There is zero reason why we should have sold control of our Club in return for the license.

The AFL review of the Collective Minds shit was clearly a fraud - many of us said it at the time; the investigation was never going to slam the Crows, as it would slam the AFL by association. Effectively review yourself, and then use the result of that review to show everybody that it wasn't a problem - what a complete and utter load of shit.

The AFC executive would not be there in a real corporate environment, it is an absolute disgrace that Chapman, Fagan, Riccuito remain after the debacles of the last decade - and the mere mention of Trigg is sickening.

Griffin might be the best chance to force change - it might be worth a mass email campaign to back him in and give him the encouragement to keep going after them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Completely agree.

This is the point to be made. A figure of speech is being misconstrued as a statement of fact. Like 'I'd kill for a beer at the moment' does not have the headline "I_Was_There Commits Murder At Crows Camp"

Someone in the organisation needs to have the guts to stand up.

They don't refute anything because they are all compromised by their involvement.

We're ****ed as a Club while any vestige of this disastrous, lame duck Executive remains.

Do you find it funny that when he is asked something he always responds, “that’s a great question “. He’s terminally and always on the back foot. His bigger authority is running the airport and the club is secondary. McLeod was dead right.

It's political media management training - pure spin and muddying of the waters. I recall when he did an interview with Bicks/Rowey and Bicks actually asked a hard question, his response was effectively; "That's a great question, thanks for asking it," - and then proceeded to talk about some other bullshit.

And given he is almost fulltime at the AFC, that is definitely his priority. My understanding is that he actually behaves as a Board member should, with the Adelaide Airport - probably because the Board isn't loaded with his flunkies.

Pyke is a ******* dog for commenting on this sh*t in the public arena when he is so responsible for it.

How DARE he demand the AFC 'come clean' as if his hands aren't dirty.

He took the boards dirty hush money as part of his seperation.

Except he is absolutely right.

"I think it's probably a conversation that's due with the club about how they want to address this once and for all."

Until it is properly addressed, there won't be clear air.

I would have thought that if you are so close with the team then you could trust them to share a bed with his wife and not sleep with her, not that he could screw her and it not matter.

I would've thought the entire concept being introduced is so ****ing ridiculous and stupid, that it doesn't warrant exploration or explanation.

I would have thought that if you are so close with the team then you could trust them to share a bed with his wife and not sleep with her, not that he could screw her and it not matter.
My main issue with that statement it implys that every wife is just waiting to have sex with someone else.

Pretty demeaning all round.

But otherwise it was just a bad metaphor that people are trying to imply was literal so they can get upset.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back