Adelaide vs Richmond, Round 19 at Adelaide Oval

Tonight's winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

And if he was indeed standing Martin, he got soundly beaten by his direct opponent.
I don't think that's completely fair. He was outmarked once by Martin and the other time got tackled and pinged holding the ball after barely taking possession in an otherwise empty forward line, so realistically he couldn't do anything.

There's worse players to pick on than Brown. He's been fantastic for us.

Richmond, 2005-Present
With Brett Deledio - 100-5-122 (45.15%)
Without Brett Deledio - 2-0-11 (15.38%)

Richmond, 2014
With Brett Deledio - 11-0-8 (57.89%)
Without Brett Deledio - 1-0-3 (25.00%)

Richmond, 2015
With Brett Deledio - 10-0-3 (76.92%)
Without Brett Deledio - 1-0-4 (20.00%)

Small-ish sample sizes without him, but there's a definite trend there in recent times. In a side that struggles to score like the Tigers do, Deledio's attacking impetus is key.
Stats put up a strong don't argue.

I understand Cameron is five years younger, has much more scope to improve, and generally "looks good", but his actual output at present isn't anything particularly spectacular, or really light years ahead of what Petrenko was doing the past couple of years:

Cameron (2015, 16 games) - 10.1 disposals per game, 55.9% disposal efficiency, 2.4 clangers per game, 1.4 goals per game, 0.7 goal assists per game, 2.8 inside 50s per game, 2.6 tackles per game, 55.44 Champion Data Player Ranking Score average.

Petrenko (2013-2014, 17 games) - 10.8 disposals per game, 66.3% disposal efficiency, 1.5 clangers per game, 1.0 goals per game, 0.4 goal assists per game, 1.7 inside 50s per game, 4.3 tackles per game, 61.00 Champion Data Player Ranking Score average.

People need to temper the hype on Cameron a little, is all I'm saying.
2013/14 was petrenko said 5/6th season in the afl.

Petrenko in his first two seasons of afl played 21 games, kicking 10 goals.

Cameron has played 23 games so far in his first two seasons and kicked 31 goals.

No comparison.

I don't think that's completely fair. He was outmarked once by Martin and the other time got tackled and pinged holding the ball after barely taking possession in an otherwise empty forward line, so realistically he couldn't do anything.

There's worse players to pick on than Brown. He's been fantastic for us.
That holding the ball decision that went Martin's way for the eventual goal was a bit of rough call but there were numerous dubious calls born ways as per usual. Nevertheless Martin still proves to be a bull up forward. Very hard to beat. He was my only highlight or good talking point of the match.

Quality interviews of Sloane/Danger/Tex/Jacobs post-game. The banter at that club would be second to none judging by them.

2013/14 was petrenko said 5/6th season in the afl.

Petrenko in his first two seasons of afl played 21 games, kicking 10 goals.

Cameron has played 23 games so far in his first two seasons and kicked 31 goals.

No comparison.

Wasn't Petrenko playing off half back for large parts of his first 2/3 seasons?

In very good shape down back the Tiges, but boy oh boy, we need to sort out our rucks.

Maric does everything pretty well, except for winning the hitouts. Hampson wins the hitouts, but doesn't really do anything else well.

With their powers combined, the Tigers might just have Captain Planet.

Nah, petrenko did finish up wearing the number 23, but petrenkos first two seasons were 2009/2010. At that time the hbf and the number 23 were on the back of A McLeod (his last two seasons).

I'm pretty confident that most games Petrenko played in 2010 and 2011 at least saw him spend plenty of time at half back, and that he was originally recruited as a half back/winger, before spending some time up forward with the Crows in 2009.

I'm pretty confident that most games Petrenko played in 2010 and 2011 at least saw him spend plenty of time at half back, and that he was originally recruited as a half back/winger, before spending some time up forward with the Crows in 2009.
And he could only average 10 disposals? No sub rule then either which Cameron has been several times.

Anyway you cut it, Cameron is A way better footballer than petrenko was at the same stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And he could only average 10 disposals? No sub rule then either which Cameron has been several times.

Anyway you cut it, Cameron is A way better footballer than petrenko was at the same stage.

If you read what I originally wrote, you'll see that I never actually claimed that Petrenko was better.

Why is Eddie Betts cheered excessively?
I could probably tell you what it isn't based on.
Massive Cult hero in Adelaide just does miraculous s**t on the boundry line in all pockets gets up in the fans face when celebrating .....Adelaide fans are just lapping it up..... been awhile since we've gotten so excited about what a player can do everytime he goes near it.

I understand Cameron is five years younger, has much more scope to improve, and generally "looks good", but his actual output at present isn't anything particularly spectacular, or really light years ahead of what Petrenko was doing the past couple of years:

Cameron (2015, 16 games) - 10.1 disposals per game, 55.9% disposal efficiency, 2.4 clangers per game, 1.4 goals per game, 0.7 goal assists per game, 2.8 inside 50s per game, 2.6 tackles per game, 55.44 Champion Data Player Ranking Score average.

Petrenko (2013-2014, 17 games) - 10.8 disposals per game, 66.3% disposal efficiency, 1.5 clangers per game, 1.0 goals per game, 0.4 goal assists per game, 1.7 inside 50s per game, 4.3 tackles per game, 61.00 Champion Data Player Ranking Score average.

What it comes down to is the knowledge that Petrenko had been playing aussie rules for most of his junior career and Cameron had only been playing for 2 years before being drafted. For someone who played Rugby and baseball to then switch to a completely different code, there is a lot to like about him and he is light years ahead of Pets for the simple fact of their knowledge of the game in terms of years played. Charlie is on an incredibly fast learning curve and his ability to improve well above what he is showing now, that's why we are excited about his prospects.

Cameron has significantly more upside than Petrenko.

Massive Cult hero in Adelaide just does miraculous s**t on the boundry line in all pockets gets up in the fans face when celebrating .....Adelaide fans are just lapping it up..... been awhile since we've gotten so excited about what a player can do everytime he goes near it.

Oh you're telling me that a player can be loved and his background has nothing to do with it?
Amazing how crowds don't really factor race into like/dislike. This may come as a surprise to some.

Oh you're telling me that a player can be loved and his background has nothing to do with it?
Amazing how crowds don't really factor race into like/dislike. This may come as a surprise to some.

Goodes gets involved with political/social issues, other indigenous players don't. Australians don't like sports people to become political.

Back