Adelaide's decline

They are disgraceful.
Richmond will swat them like a fly ...
By the time Richmond play us it'll be over 1 year since their last true road win

Put the house on Adelaide to win, easy money.

Red Bull

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 29, 2010
mornington peninsula
AFL Club
Carlton
By the time Richmond play us it'll be over 1 year since their last true road win

Put the house on Adelaide to win, easy money.

You asked for this Dirty Bird 😉

EB7DD830-4576-4A13-8C98-269B28016A0E.jpeg

Sep 24, 2006
Wimmera
AFL Club
Collingwood
I've just noticed today the Adelaide Crows have a mere 11 actual South Australians (including rookies) on their list (and 25 Victorians).

Compare this to the so-called "non-football" states of Qld & NSW, where Brisbane have 11 Queenslanders, Gold Coast have 12 Queenslanders and GWS have 13 from NSW on their respective lists.

It seems the Crows don't much like South Australian players - so much for being "The Pride of South Australia".

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
I've just noticed today the Adelaide Crows have a mere 11 actual South Australians (including rookies) on their list (and 25 Victorians).

Compare this to the so-called "non-football" states of Qld & NSW, where Brisbane have 11 Queenslanders, Gold Coast have 12 Queenslanders and GWS have 13 from NSW on their respective lists.

It seems the Crows don't much like South Australian players - so much for being "The Pride of South Australia".
Whilst that is an issue at the club, I also believe it is a reflection of the poor development of young football talent in the state of South Australia. Not that many South Australians get drafted any more.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Whilst that is an issue at the club, I also believe it is a reflection of the poor development of young football talent in the state of South Australia. Not that many South Australians get drafted any more.
Could say the same thing about the SACA too. Maybe a similar problem with the SANFL too.

Definitely not worth trying to draft a SA SOO team.... You'd be wooden spooners every season.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Could say the same thing about the SACA too. Maybe a similar problem with the SANFL too.

Definitely not worth trying to draft a SA SOO team.... You'd be wooden spooners every season.
Do you mean this when you are talking about the SACA?

Sadly, it is relevant to all teams but the Power in this state at the minute.

Mikey13G

Club Legend
Aug 21, 2018
The People's Republic of Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

SA won the 2018 Under 18 championship and beat WA last year (WA won U18 Championship in 2019). With a smaller population than WA and Victoria we're usually going to have less players drafted.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
SA won the 2018 Under 18 championship and beat WA last year (WA won U18 Championship in 2019). With a smaller population than WA and Victoria we're usually going to have less players drafted.
I am happy to be proved wrong, but my suspicion is that is the exception not the norm.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
Too many district sides but the conundrum is who do you bin because you'll piss off someone.
This is the problem with the SACA.

Maybe it's similar to the issue with the SANFL. Too many teams for such a population.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Too many district sides but the conundrum is who do you bin because you'll piss off someone.
Has been a problem for a long time. Possibly not just in South Australia. Start by merging Woodville and West Torrens, like in the SANFL, and do the same with East Torrens and Tea Tree Gully. Anyway, that is for the Cricket Forum.

It is a problem in most Professional Sports teams in Adelaide for a while.

BronCrow

Club Legend
Sep 20, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Port aren't drafting SA kids. Haven't had that focus for years. Country Vic boys all the way. Less flight risk.
I didn't suggest that Port were drafting SA kids. I suggested that Port don't have a culture of mediocrity, as opposed to most other teams in this city i.e. Crows, Redbacks, 36ers, Thunderbirds.

PAFC_1870

Cancelled
10k Posts
Feb 21, 2009
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Ferrari, Chicago Bulls
I didn't suggest that Port were drafting SA kids. I suggested that Port don't have a culture of mediocrity, as opposed to most other teams in this city i.e. Crows, Redbacks, 36ers, Thunderbirds.
Because we aren't drafting SA kids or worshipping the SANFL overlords :)

The sooner this pissant state gets over being the second best league in the country...

Back