AE AE14 Launch & Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

what kind of score wins temptation?
is there anywhere we can see how last years went?

Scoring system changed though. Last season had bonus points which have been removed.

oh nevermind I thought it was a max of 6pts up for grabs a week, didn't realise you could send out upto 10 teams (if you have them)
could you send out all 10 last year? I would have thought a higher score would have won it

so scoring must be different this year?

It's a very strategic game where you need to keep in mind of four things:
* Lesser teams will be getting double digit spreads (i.e.: +10.5) to capitalise on 3 point collects if they get within 10pts.
* Only four teams last season averaged over 27pts score (consider passing teams)
* There is an 11 year run of at least one last placed team in their respective division winning the division the following season

oh nevermind I thought it was a max of 6pts up for grabs a week, didn't realise you could send out upto 10 teams (if you have them)
could you send out all 10 last year? I would have thought a higher score would have won it

GeeCats07 dropped FIVE Toplist teams in week #1 in his attempt to ambush the leader board..sending out the full quota along with marcuz and Travodo88. Geecats07 reaped 13pts but that wasn't enough as Marcuz was smoking it up early with 22pts for just two fallen teams. The eventual winner, imation23 , made his first appearance on the leaders board a third way thru.. Week 5.

Throwing caution to the win can have it's benefits but you need to be mindful there is 17 weeks.

Last edited:
GeeCats07 dropped FIVE Toplist teams in week #1 in his attempt to ambush the leader board..sending out the full quota along with marcuz and Travodo88. Geecats07 reaped 13pts but that wasn't enough as Marcuz was smoking it up early with 22pts for just two fallen teams. The eventual winner, imation23 , made his first appearance on the leaders board a third way thru.. Week 5.

Throwing caution to the win can have it's benefits but you need to be mindful there is 17 weeks.

'Attempt to ambush the leader board'...... yes, that's what that was. Nothing to do with not understanding how it works......

* There is an 11 year run of at least one last placed team in their respective division winning the division the following season

Redskins the ONLY team that can keep this trend going but i doubt it will happen!

I cannot honestly see any last finishing team in their division during the 2012/13 season rising to take their division in this upcoming season. Skins are a massive maybe only because 2-3 games or less usually seperates the NFC East each season.

I just got a reminder email from AE Admin showing my confidence tips but they are nothing like my actual tips. Anyone else with this problem ?

Edit : I think they are my round 1 2013 tips because game showing is Broncos v Ravens

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just got a reminder email from AE Admin showing my confidence tips but they are nothing like my actual tips. Anyone else with this problem ?

Edit : I think they are my round 1 2013 tips because game showing is Broncos v Ravens
Same.

when is the lockout for temptation? just before kickoff in each of the 10 teams games?
I'll check with Woodson, but I was planning to lock when the first game kicks off.

We'll make sure everyone has selected their 10 teams before then.

minor bug in temptation, can take the spread with both teams who are playing against eachother.

You'd have to be pretty stupid to do it, but this is Bigfooty afterall...;)
Not a bug. But maybe JeffDunne can do something to save stupid people from themselves. That and the "win" option. But it's a legitimate tactic with the 27+ on both teams as you can win both. I was gonna do it this week, but decided against it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back