List Mgmt. AFC - 2014 Drafting and Trading

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it was a while ago but i thought Shaw showed a bit in 2012 has just been his body letting him down, definetly think he has shown more than LT he is just a spud of the highest order
It's not just Shaw's body that lets him down (though it does). It's his inability to kick the ball and have it land in the same postcode as his intended target.

I'd be delisting Ellis-Yolmen before any of the other names mentioned. 3 seasons on our list and only 1 game, it's not as though he's a ruckman or key position player and we're waiting for him to develop his body to AFL standard before giving him an opportunity. If he was good enough, a player with his physical attributes should at least be making an impact at SANFL level and pushing for senior selection by now.

Thompson can play as a kpd if we need him to (prelim 2012), I just think he was down on confidence last year.

Martin, well he was getting games this year. I don't think he is the best option but wasn't horrible.

On siggins I hope youre right. I havnt seen enough of our reserve side to be able to judge
Please dont mention LT playing in the 2012 Prelim i still have nightmares if only Talia hadnt hurt his arm

I think we should be prepared for quite a few Crows player making their debut next season. Last seasons emergencies and players that performed well at Sanfl level plus our 2 new traded in players will be enthusiastic about the opportunities that can unfold for them under the new regime. The old systems gone. A new system is coming in. Philthy will treat everybody as equal, no favourites, and the team will be selected on training track and preseason performance. Throw your best 22 out the window because the names on those magnets are going to change.

Ok some brief thoughts;

First and foremost very happy with the acquisition of Luke Lowden. Forget the 1 game in 6 years. He is 23 and just about grown into a body that's a physical beast - 204cm and 102kg. That development does not happen overnight and happy it's been happening in Hawthorn's nursery. He's now coming into his peak age in terms of physicality.

He is more than just a ruck, he plays as a genuine forward to and is pretty consistent in his goal kicking. No surprise he kicked 3 in his only game and recently slotted 4 in the VFL semi final. He is a legitimate forward threat and spends as much time as KPF as he does in ruck.

He definitely improves our list - no question.

Not nearly as excited about Cheney. But we have him and so we get behind him.
and we still kept a first and second rounder despite giving 31 to the Hawks.

Who by the way are rumoured to be using a late pick for Mitch Robinson. They realise they have just gone back2back right?

Not having a go but this is a brilliant post. Easily the post of the thread.
i'm also not having a go, but this brilliant post is the exact opposite to what you've been complaining about

also for what it's worth, i've wanted trigg gone for ages. i'm certainly not an apologist of his

Hmmm, maybe our lack of mature KPD acquisition will see the Jenkins experiment continue and Lowden fight Pods for the 3rd tall forward spot.

Reckon it could be the other way, Lowden might make Jenkins a full time forward, which isn't a bad move at all.

No worries....."bro" . Now you better run along Big Brothers starting.
toys+out+pram.jpg

I dont know why everyone goes back to that prelim.
He was terrible. Made so many dumb errors.

Go back and watch it. Trust me.

Martin is 27 next year. Wasnt horrible. But 27. Cmon
Because he wasn't mauled like a kid thrown to the wolves, which is what we were all expecting. I've seen him play some very good ans creative games back at the eagles.

I agree with Martin, I'd rather see kerridge, laird, grigg, crouch and maybe even atkins in the side before him.

and we still kept a first and second rounder despite giving 31 to the Hawks.

Who by the way are rumoured to be using a late pick for Mitch Robinson. They realise they have just gone back2back right?
If Robinson is good enough for Hawks, he's good enough for us at no cost!

But they did also draft that Garlett fella!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think we did alright out of that. Nothing to really improve our list but nothing to go Full Lindy about. Keen to see Lowden in action.

Bulldogs and GWS massive losers out of this trade period. Both leaking worse than the water main under Grand Junction Rd.

Interesting that the two teams directly above us did absolutely nothing in the trade period.

He wont be a s good. But he'll be like Ben Hart use to be. Someone that can play tall small or on the mediums.

Is capable against the 3rd tall options,
the Eddie Betts smalls
or the medium Brendan Goddard Jack Ziebell types.
Exactly and I believe this is a need as well as another genuine tall defender. Unfortunately we couldn't get the tall defender done in trade week, but Cheney will definitely make our defensive unit stronger and more versatile.
I'm hoping Siggins has a great preseason because I'd rather him than Shaw or LT. Hartigan as 2nd KPD.

Talia v best Tall forward
Hartigan v 2nd best tall forward
Siggins v 3rd tall forward
Cheney v medium forward.

Against certain sides ie Bulldogs Cheney could be 3rd tall.

Well in the what 9 years he's played for our club he's really failed to show anything above average consistently, apart from that short stint under Bickley.

With the modern game, players we have at our disposal and most importantly the roles that need to be filled I just think we have better options than VB. May just scrape onto the interchange in my best 22, but even then im not happy with it.
You severely underestimate VB. He's been a lot better than "failed to show anything above average consistently, apart from that short stint under Bickley.". 2013 was a bad year and he missed all of 2014. I'll excuse you not being able to remember more than 2 years into the past.

Exactly and I believe this is a need as well as another genuine tall defender. Unfortunately we couldn't get the tall defender done in trade week, but Cheney will definitely make our defensive unit stronger and more versatile.
I'm hoping Siggins has a great preseason because I'd rather him than Shaw or LT. Hartigan as 2nd KPD.

Talia v best Tall forward
Hartigan v 2nd best tall forward
Siggins v 3rd tall forward
Cheney v medium forward.

Against certain sides ie Bulldogs Cheney could be 3rd tall.
How is Siggins by foot?

You severely underestimate VB. He's been a lot better than "failed to show anything above average consistently, apart from that short stint under Bickley.". 2013 was a bad year and he missed all of 2014. I'll excuse you not being able to remember more than 2 years into the past.
Exactly - and he has the biggest tank in the team.

I'd be delisting Ellis-Yolmen before any of the other names mentioned. 3 seasons on our list and only 1 game, it's not as though he's a ruckman or key position player and we're waiting for him to develop his body to AFL standard before giving him an opportunity. If he was good enough, a player with his physical attributes should at least be making an impact at SANFL level and pushing for senior selection by now.
Maybe...

Tho remember back to draft day when Rendell said he will take time, but the potential upside is huge. I'd like to see him around for another year still, even if it is as a rookie.

So.. we now have 4 picks inside the top-60, courtesy of trade week. Presumably we'll be looking to use all of those. We've also gained 2 players and upgraded Cameron, so that's 3 more "INs". By my maths, that means we'll be making 7 changes to our list. With Porps (ret), Rutten (ret), Pets, LJ, Smack & Gus all gone, we still need to find one more vacancy. Who will be the last player asked to leave the building?

Has to be one of Reilly, L Thompson, Martin, Ellis-Yolmen, Siggins or Atkins.

Would clearly be Thompson if Otten wasn't injured. This may save him, or it may not.

Siggins and Atkins haven't done enough wrong to warrant being cut IMO.

Reilly would be a tough call. It's nice to have experienced depth (even if he is a panic-merchant).

Martin went a long way towards saving his career with his 2014 form. But will Walsh think he's up to it?

Ellis-Yolmen. Hmmm. Seems the most likely delisting if we feel Luke Thompson is required as a defensive backup to me.

L Thompson or Ellis-Yolmen.

Gut feeling: Bye bye Luke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back