2nds AFC 2022 SANFL Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Norwood paying $3 on Sportsbet.
Then a smart punter like you has no doubt worked out you can back both teams and still show a handsome profit no matter what the result.....IF YOU CAN GET SET!

Edit not sure if it's a draw? :drunk:

🚨 Game day thread for today's match 🚨

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grotto already set Redlegs blown out, Crows tightening up...;)

View attachment 1505551

Its a 60minutes doco and is about sports gambling in particular it discusses how some punters back both teams to win. It is a thing and its real and it works.

Who the fu(k is commentating? Have mentioned twice already about Crows and the free kick count.
Also don’t appear to understand the new ‘in the back’ interpretation where you’re allowed to have hands in the back of your standing your ground, Berg had no forward momentum

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Who the fu(k is commentating? Have mentioned twice already about Crows and the free kick count.
Also don’t appear to understand the new ‘in the back’ interpretation where you’re allowed to have hands in the back of your standing your ground, Berg had no forward momentum

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
You can't completely shove your opponent like Himm did though.

There's a lot in this I disagree with.

The sides will be playing ex-AFL and younger players as topups, just as we do now - but without the restrictions the SANFL puts on us.

The SANFL isn't the second best league anymore. The VFL/NEAFL is a lot better and we're best served being in there.

They just signed a multi billion dollar rights extension. Money isn't the issue, and this can vastly improve their control over the top two comps.

I think us leaving impacts the SANFL negatively, but frankly we should be doing what's best for us instead.
I agree the restrictions the SANFL implements are disadvantageous to us and should be removed as they belittle the competitions integrity, given there's basically no incentive for us to try and win. I intimated that in my initial post and believe a better agreement between us and the league would benefit both parties.

I do not agree with the statement that the SANFL is no longer the best league outside the AFL. Without any cross-comp league or Foxtel Cup to prove it, it's purely subjective at this point, however the rate at which we have been able to develop our younger players and the speed they have adapted to the standard of play at AFL level after 40-50 SANFL games, is an area where I believe we have done better than our peers over the last 5-10 years. Giving that away because people are shitty with the standard of umpiring in the SANFL is what I disagree with.

The AFL signed a TV rights deal that spans many years. They do not get the money up front. Additionally, they are heavily in debt because of the COVID pandemic which they went into with an appallingly small amount of $$ in reserve, clubs are in very financially precarious positions, and they are highly risk adverse as a result. Additionally, outside of a few people on BigFooty, the average AFL fan is not that interested in a reserves comp, either on TV or in person, and if there was any interest you would have seen it included in the TV rights deal already.

You reckon $1,000 per player isn’t enough for return airfares and 1 night accommodation in a shared room? If we were to be paying more, it won’t be a lot more. Melbourne games could even avoid the accommodation costs.
It's not even close to being enough. How are the coaches, support staff, medicos and equipment getting there and back in your budget? Factoring in that we would also be playing in Queensland and Western Australia, not just Victoria.

Last edited:
I agree the restrictions the SANFL implements are disadvantageous to us and should be removed as they belittle the competitions integrity, given there's basically no incentive for us to try and win. I intimated that in my initial post and believe a better agreement between us and the league would benefit both parties.

I do not agree with the statement that the SANFL is no longer the best league outside the AFL. Without any cross-comp league or Foxtel Cup to prove it, it's purely subjective at this point, however the rate at which we have been able to develop our younger players and the speed they have adapted to the standard of play at AFL level after 40-50 SANFL games, is an area where I believe we have done better than our peers over the last 5-10 years. Giving that away because people are shitty with the standard of umpiring in the SANFL is what I disagree with.

The AFL signed a TV rights deal that spans many years. They do not get the money up front. Additionally, they are heavily in debt because of the COVID pandemic which they went into with an appallingly small amount of $$ in reserve, clubs are in very financially precarious positions, and they are highly risk adverse as a result. Additionally, outside of a few people on BigFooty, the average AFL fan is not that interested in a reserves comp, either on TV or in person, and if there was any interest you would have seen it included in the TV rights deal already.

It's not even close to being enough. How are the coaches, support staff, medicos and equipment getting there and back in your budget? Factoring in that we would also be playing in Queensland and Western Australia, not just Victoria.

They’re already there with the 1s. Pretty simple stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back