AFL 2017 - R12 - Sydney Swans v Western Bulldogs 7:20 PM AEST : MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

He was smashed tonight. Swans targeted him all game, and he hardly touched it. Didn't handle it well at all.

Big call to say he's gone because of his inability to cope with it.

But, this is BF, I suppose...

hE LOOKED RESIGNED TO THE FACT THAT HE WAS GOING TO BE BASHED BY EVERYBODY ANY TIME HE WENT WITHIN FIVE FEET OF THE FOOTBALL! gAVE UP AND JUST LET THE BELTINGS CONTINUE , TALK ABOUT TAGGED out of a game.

He needs to take a big lesson out of this,also was there any muscle from Footscray to give his opponents some heavy duty messages, don't think so , but you can get 20 years in Pentridge for giving a bit , hey?

Spooky with all them ghosts!

(sorry caps)

Its unlikely considering we still have GWS (away) Richmond next week at the MCG, Geelong and Adelaide away.

Swans look to have a very hard run ahead, and the Dogs were just horrid last night , something going on there, either injured or ill, they were terrible, never had a chance from the word go.

I don't know if Sydney last night can use that as an example of return to finals chance status, they also made some mistakes bad goal kicking fumbles missed kicks, it was a wet night I know, but the skills were sort of lop sided for both teams I thought. In fact I was pretty amazed at how crappy that game was full stop, who ever won!

Can you outline with examples Sydney's rugby tactics?

Its called lock down tackle and hold ,and the AFL allow it and in fact make it happen more and more every week, and it stifles the game and Roos perfected it, get in a pack, no one marks, get it to the ground , handball it to your team mate in a pack from 1 foot away he gets scruffed to the ground, and what yep, a Ball up, one of hundreds of ball ups you will see during a weekend.
And then practice like hell to keep it locked down in a forward or back pocket that's where it will stay, for almost a quarter. THAT IS LOCKDOWN. ITS NOT TAKING A RISK by playing actual football with skill and movement , its a dodge for the lesser talent !
Now that umpires are standing there, peering into the pack taking an age to blow the whistle , then he'll ball it up, or someone on a few occasions gets a snap kick out or of the ground from the pack and more times than not it goes back to the same area, because the pass isn't pin point and an opposition bloke gets it..
Have a look, that is what lock down is closed scrummy crumby new football that's what it looks like, and it is s**t, but the whole 18 teams do it now, it helps out then NON elite that make it into the firsts. See?

Rugby tactics= rolling mauls set up differently and not a uniformed as rugby line to line front on is.
As its meant to be !
BUT, it is a rolling pack of crap with players in a big ugly mixed up wrestling pack every few seconds sometimes. that is called football now over and over.
And you see it if you actually take any notice when you watch a game , you also see it when 30 players sometimes 36 are inside a 50 metre arc smashing and slamming each other to either kick a goal or stop a goal, it looks like crap.
It also can be called FLOODING .Ya See now?

And that's a fact! AND WE ALL KNOW WHAT A FACT IS. Don't we?

It is not good Aussie football. Now head for Specsavers brother. Because that's what your watching in this era! See?

Well you wanted an answer?

Well you wanted an answer?
I did, but an actual answer. There was at no point during the game where the Swans were flooding, stoppages weren't very high (only three more than the Hawks / GC game), especially for a game played on a heavy track after a week of rain. (indeed, the Swans average amongst the lowest stoppages in the league). The Swans were mostly moving the ball through loose men through the corridor rather than clearances through stoppages and again, the stats back this up.

So... Do you have an actual answer or are you just incapable of moving past 2005?

Swans look to have a very hard run ahead, and the Dogs were just horrid last night , something going on there, either injured or ill, they were terrible, never had a chance from the word go.

I don't know if Sydney last night can use that as an example of return to finals chance status, they also made some mistakes bad goal kicking fumbles missed kicks, it was a wet night I know, but the skills were sort of lop sided for both teams I thought. In fact I was pretty amazed at how crappy that game was full stop, who ever won!

it looks like our young mids are struggling with the gamestyle. every week its played under finals intensity and its maybe taken its toll on the players now.
dont forget we dont have any mature bodies playing in the mid that are able to withstand it. also think we are a mid short.

\
it looks like our young mids are struggling with the gamestyle. every week its played under finals intensity and its maybe taken its toll on the players now.
dont forget we dont have any mature bodies playing in the mid that are able to withstand it. also think we are a mid short.

Mick Malthouse reckons in the paper today that the Dogs will be up and going for the desperate stuff at the pointy end. So any psychological or personality problems need cleaning up, and the mindset return is essential.
Mick backing Dogs to be right there!
But that wasn't Dogs the other night, something happened, and it was insipid, Footscray are not that way, fumble
miskicks, turnovers. Won't happen again, but I think there was something else going on that night.

They'll lift.

I did, but an actual answer. There was at no point during the game where the Swans were flooding, stoppages weren't very high (only three more than the Hawks / GC game), especially for a game played on a heavy track after a week of rain. (indeed, the Swans average amongst the lowest stoppages in the league). The Swans were mostly moving the ball through loose men through the corridor rather than clearances through stoppages and again, the stats back this up.

So... Do you have an actual answer or are you just incapable of moving past 2005?

I'm sorry , stats mean nothing, just like having the wood on another team it means nothing if the mind sets right. Flooding yes it happens all the time and is worse than it was in the bad days in the Roos, post Lions power days, flooding is now got two teams doing it the defenders desperate the offence forwards all there, all there, wrestling like it was in the little league , every one on the ball. That's flooding in doubles, and it, to me, looks horrible, real Aussie rules plays experts ( meaning the best they've got) in position and competes for everything.
It is not like that now , so many keepings' off possessions in the "stats" this flood/ wrestle mania creates also , a terrible new existence , umpire misinterpretations by the dozen.

What has become of our game now is , as its getting more like "fouls in basket ball", then we may as well get a smart coach to develop the fast break, where a super speedster maybe one or two or three , organised and trained up to share fast breaks out of floods and run like mad, practising sequenced attacks . It would be somewhat like the fellow that gets the ball on "the fat side" near the wing when a team mate changes direction, except that a speedster could bolt maybe in a straight line and sometimes, the opposition is not in the way , but too far up the ground, which we see now and again, not often, its mainly rushed crap and wrestling on the boundary line and ball ups, but we get one or two.
Competent fast breakers , which are probably available in clubs right now would be a great change, it'd keep defenders way way back in defence , s**t , maybe get players back to playing their positions.
That might get things moving of course then we have to hope these speedy athletes can kick a goal from 30 to 50 metres out on the full tilt boogie, if in case as is now sometimes the other end of the ground may have one or two defenders left behind, but you see it sometimes , so the opportunity is there.
Trouble is the coaches have their sides so zoned up that they are zoned out , most of the time and we watch same old same old , there are not many specials running around in boots anymore.
And the free kick is getting stupid , and the question always is, WHY?
FUNNY BECAUSE OTHER SPORTS DON'T CHANGE OR FIDDLE THEIR RULES EVERY YEAR.

But we do in the AFL , which has claimed dictatorial power over what we all of us have/want to watch. So yes wrestling, flooding , boring same tactic same tactic is what we have. Ball ups the go on the boundary all the time!

I like rugby league , but it is the same same same same , like tennis, back and forth.

Once we had a sport Australian Rules Football that every game every weekend all year had something different, now they are robots. Roos created the wrestle, and Clarko created the precision kicking keepings off , at least that moved a bit!
But Clarko was lucky he had players that were of the elite skill type , probably the last of the clubs to have that amount of top line elite personnel, that can be told what is needed, and practice and carry out that precision.

Not any more , the pool is diluted, it maybe nearly empty in some years.

And some clubs will hit the concrete on the bottom head first..

\

Mick Malthouse reckons in the paper today that the Dogs will be up and going for the desperate stuff at the pointy end. So any psychological or personality problems need cleaning up, and the mindset return is essential.
Mick backing Dogs to be right there!
But that wasn't Dogs the other night, something happened, and it was insipid, Footscray are not that way, fumble
miskicks, turnovers. Won't happen again, but I think there was something else going on that night.

They'll lift.

Have you seen our games so far ??
The opposition play it's a grand final. I've never seen anything like this

Our players are buggered and worn out
MM is correct. I'm not sure if any team has had pressure upon pressure every game like we have.

I think our players are are stuffed. Along with injuries and a crap forwardline

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sorry , stats mean nothing,
In this case they, along with having actually watched the game, debunk your claim that Sydney used rugby tactics (which you did an atrocious job outlining). You have no clue what you're talking about.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back