AFL 2017 - R8 - GWS v Collingwood - 16:35 AEST, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

upload_2017-5-13_10-41-23.png

Saturday 4:35 PMAEST
Spotless Stadium

upload_2017-5-13_10-41-58.png
SUMMARY
The Giants return to Spotless Stadium for the first time since round two after going 1-1 in their two-match Friday night footy run, and will be keen to knock off the Magpies for the first time. Collingwood sprung a major upset when they beat GWS at home by 32 points in round 16 last year, but Nathan Buckley's men have failed to bring any consistency to their approach this season, and need to turn that around fast. The ruck battle between Shane Mumford and Brodie Grundy will one to keep an eye on, while Levi Greenwood's role also intriguing, with star Giants Dylan Shiel and Josh Kelly certain to be in his sights. The home side looks to have far more goal-scoring power than the Pies, with Jeremy Cameron, Jonathon Patton and Rory Lobb sure to test out Collingwood's tall defenders.

PREDICTION: Greater Western Sydney by 61 points.
Summary
partly-cloudy.png

Max 23
Mostly sunny.
Chance of any rain: 20%
rain_20.gif

Sydney area
Mostly sunny. Areas of smoke haze. Slight (20%) chance of a shower, mostly near the coast. Light winds.

An Air Quality Forecast alert of POOR for the Sydney region has been issued by the Office of Environment and Heritage, as particle levels are forecast to exceed national air quality standards.

:) Pumped to be back at Spotless after 5 weeks away. An 8 day break after the Saints loss to recover from a few tough weeks.
We have a very good recent history of hitting back hard at Spotless after an away loss.
:oops: On the other hand we've haven't beaten Collingwood yet.
If the Pies team that played Geelong turns up it will be a contest. Our guys need to wipe last year from their minds, we were trounced in the midfield that day and it was embarassing.

Lachie Whitfield back and Sam Reid to add pressure in the forward line.
Good luck to Daniel Loyd on debut as a mature age signing. He's done a long apprenticeship in the magoos and earned his spot.

Look forward to seeing WHE and wish him well, hopefully in a losing side.

I expect we'll have a dominant win this week

Last edited:
:) Pumped to be back at Spotless after 5 weeks away. An 8 day break after the Saints loss to recover from a few tough weeks.
We have a very good recent history of hitting back hard at Spotless after an away loss.
:oops: On the other hand we've haven't beaten Collingwood yet.
If the Pies team that played Geelong turns up it will be a contest. Our guys need to wipe last year from their minds, we were trounced in the midfield that day and it was embarassing.

Lachie Whitfield back and Sam Reid to add pressure in the forward line.
Good luck to Daniel Liyd on debut as a mature age signing. He's done a long apprenticeship in the magoos and earned his spot.

Look forward to seeing WHE and wish him well, hopefully in a losing side.

I expect we'll have a dominant win this week
15,000 hopefully at the game, what do you think?

15,000 hopefully at the game, what do you think?
More than the 8.5k for the Suns. Hope for 15k plus, wirst case 12k I'd say. It's a gorgeous day, but the footy doesn't start until the sun's going down and the seabreeze comes up.
Collingwood supporters will boost the numbers, but last year they seemed to get less support than Carlton at Spotless, still significant though.

More than the 8.5k for the Suns. Hope for 15k plus, wirst case 12k I'd say. It's a gorgeous day, but the footy doesn't start until the sun's going down and the seabreeze comes up.
Collingwood supporters will boost the numbers, but last year they seemed to get less support than Carlton at Spotless, still significant though.
Considering the memberships at 19,000 the crowds should be starting to improve, understandably there are a lot of Canberra members though.

177785"]Considering the memberships at 19,000 the crowds should be starting to improve, understandably there are a lot of Canberra members though.[/QUOTE]
I know the club and players deserve better. The club does run buses fron Canberra timed to deliver to the game and back in your own bed after.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I want Collingwood to drive them close at the very least (considering we are playing GWS there next week), but I don't know if Collingwood can do that. We'll have to see I guess.

Corr takes a gutsy mark in the first 10 seconds and as a result injures himself and might not take any further part.

Footy is a cruel game sometimes.

Collingwood selections

Ommit Cox Ramsay broomhead

Blair in

Out Smith in Phillips
In Phillips out Smith
In Blair out Blair

Injured key player.... Sinclair
Move Reid forward then put him back as we got rid of frost and brown

Buy mayne and don't play him

Keep trying different combinations at the back

Never play sidebottom forward even though he is potentially our best goal sneak next to Elliott

Kick into the forward line short and to where there are two of our players versus three of there's. Both our players fly for the ball

Move the ball from defense and all defenders follow forward never leave anyone back.
Enact turnover.heading towards the fifty arc, lose possession, all players wonder where they should be positioned, auskick style, watch as opposition run with ball then kick to unmarked man who runs into open goal.

GWS by 80 points
We need change desperately and will finish 17th

Remove this Banner Ad

Back