AFL 2017 - R9 - Collingwood v Hawthorn - 19:25 AEST, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

No no no.

You see what's happening here is people like you are giving me the opportunity to talk about the 4 premiership cups Hawthorn have won in the last 9 years.

By referencing the drop off, you invite the context. the context of the drop off is the four Premiership cups that came before it. That is not deflection - it is fact. A very sweet fact. Four Premiership Cups in 9 years is worth any drop off. 4 Premiership cups. Amazing.
I'm very much aware Hawthorn has recently won 4 premierships and it was a fantastic effort indeed. Your constant and repeated reiteration of that fact however speaks volumes. Maybe you should go and watch a DVD?

Lol you blokes got the rub of the green all night.

Forgetting about the clear HTB not paid against Gibson in the third, then Adams pinged for HTB two minutes later in the exact same situation, Mitchell's blatant throw which set up the first goal in the last qtr, etc etc.

Only an extremely average football side could get that far up against another very average football side and still manage to lose
You forgot the accidental trip on Dunn in the third that lead to a hawks goal. Whether intended or not it was still there. Both teams won some and lost some with the umps letting a heap go, but the hawks definitely won more than they lost.

I'm very much aware Hawthorn has recently won 4 premierships and it was a fantastic effort indeed. Your constant and repeated reiteration of that fact however speaks volumes. Maybe you should go and watch a DVD?

Just did.

2014 :D

(1 of four premiership in 9 years :thumbsu:)

Might go watch the last quarter of 2008. :$

Are you ok? Do you need to speak to someone? Need to take some time away to work on your mental health?

Thank you.

The first was a surprise. 2008 - an underdog victory against heavy favourites Geelong. Hawthorn triumphed thanks in part to a sparkling display by first year player Cyril Rioli.

After disappointment in 2012 Hawthorn bounced back to win the next three Grand Finals in a row.

A Threepeat. An astonishing achievement - even for the most successful club in the modern era.

2013, 2014, 2015. A magnificent legacy.

So, yes, that is 4 Premierships in 9 years. Thank you for asking. :D

Congratulation on the win tonight. You played very well. You should be, rightly, proud :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how Hawthorn fans hate Joel Selwood, and Geelong fans hate Luke Hodge, but they are basically the same player.

Can't handle losing (not a bad thing - but that's when you get 'sore loser' accusations), happy to dish it out (not necessarily a bad thing), can't take it as well (again, not necessarily a bad thing).

But yeah, just an amusing observation I've made after watching the two teams play Collingwood recently.

These threads always end up in shitfights.
For what it's worth, Hawthorn blitzed us early and Mitchell was a big part of that. He was very good all game, does a lot of inside work that doesn't yield as many direct meters gained, but that doesn't mean he is not having an impact.
Was happy that we were able to turn the tide and that Treloar worked his way into it. Thought Howe was really composed and that Moore really benefited from the changes in position. Thought young Burton was excellent for the Hawks. Might tire at some stage late in the year, but he's a clever footballer and a steal if his body holds up.

Lol you blokes got the rub of the green all night.

Forgetting about the clear HTB not paid against Gibson in the third, then Adams pinged for HTB two minutes later in the exact same situation, Mitchell's blatant throw which set up the first goal in the last qtr, etc etc.

Only an extremely average football side could get that far up against another very average football side and still manage to lose

no doubt both sides are very average and there were, as have been for most the year, a s**t tonne of frees not paid with regards to holding the ball and throwing for both sides but there was no missed htb more certain than the one right near the end when the pies player had both arms free, was swung 360 degrees and then to the ground only to drop the ball. I've never seen such a thing not paid HTB for as long as i can remember.

The 50m non paid was even more attrocious. The umpire mistook breust for gogo gadget.... or Sandilands.

No other non free in the game was as glaring as those 2. Sure there were other frees not paid that should have been paid and some weren't paid that havent been paid all year (even though they should be), but not one of them compare to the 2 incidents outlined above.

I'm actually glad that the pies won, except the 1st Q, they played better and won the other 3 qtrs so definitely deserved it. Further every loss this year bangs it home clearer that the Hawks need to start gettign their acts together and it isn't just a matter of "we had another off day or we're doing everythign right but its just not coming together", only then will they be able to actually move forward and start challenging again.

Hawthorn supporters worst losers in the afl! Just pathetic......Essendon supporters use to be exactly the same but for the last 15 years they have pretty much done stuff all apart from making 3 finals their arrogance has been kicked out of them. Think it will take 10 years down the bottom for hawthorn fans to be the same.

P.S most Collingwood fans know that we are ordinary I have not heard on Collingwood say we are a great side but I do believe that we are a better side then what we have preduced this year

I love how hawk supporters will be clinging to the '4 premierships in the past 10 years' statement. History is history. We all move forward. I doubt you are all happy not to be close to contention for many years to come.

The way hawk supporters are melting in this thread, it seems to me they are hurting and realise how ugly they look. The Hawks have had a number of beltings this year even with their 'best' sides named.

For the pies? Well we know we aren't close. But at least we know we can beat the best teams any given week. Tonight you saw what our past two years has been all about. We play rubbish footy and then we play good footy. We played 1 half tonight and absolutely destroyed the Hawks.

For any team to kick only 1.6 in half a game of footy tells the story.

Thank you.

The first was a surprise. 2008 - an underdog victory against heavy favourites Geelong. Hawthorn triumphed thanks in part to a sparkling display by first year player Cyril Rioli.

After disappointment in 2012 Hawthorn bounced back to win the next three Grand Finals in a row.

A Threepeat. An astonishing achievement - even for the most successful club in the modern era.

2013, 2014, 2015. A magnificent legacy.

So, yes, that is 4 Premierships in 9 years. Thank you for asking. :D

Congratulation on the win tonight. You played very well. You should be, rightly, proud :thumbsu:

Yeah go speak to the Lions fans about the three peat. I'm sure they'll tell you how great it makes them feel today.

I dare say, you are obviously very concerned with your team and the realisation you are heading the same way.

But you keep talking about the 4, clearly shows you see very little in the future of your club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back