Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Tigers v Hawks Sat July 22nd 1:45pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I feel like this will end up as one of those games where Richmond win by 13 points after being down by around 20-30 points somewhere in the second quarter.

Although we typically match up well against Hawthorn, if we win then I expect it’ll be a close one. Won’t be surprised if we lose though.
I guess I was close with this post? Heart stopping stuff but glad we got the job done.

I don’t agree hawks were the better side. 26 scoring shots to 20 tells the tale. Lots to like about the young hawks though. They’ll cause some headaches as soon as next year.
They kicked straight, that is part of the game. I think with even officiating we would have won the game more comfortably, but Hawks dominated midfield and kicked straighter. We have a lot of problems, fortunately so do they.

Two completely different interpretations of the dissent rule.

Can't believe Riewoldt going completely off his chops goes unpunished.
Yeah, it's s**t. But so is holding the ball interpretation and hands in the back.

Players like Sicily aren't allowed to say anything while the 'nice' guys can have a personal tutorial with the umpires( aka the entire Geelong side)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The AFL umpiring is a joke. I've got no problem with it but on the back of that they can't pay dissent again this season.

Butterfly effect is impossible to quantify but given the score it's probably fair to say it cost us the game.

Sicily made a blue for sure but it has to go both ways. You either pay it all the time or not at all.

You have to give all your money to your mum, quite your job and wait 3 months. At least that was the rules a while back when I did uni
Too much effort.

Looks like I'll have to work forever.

Unfortunate for the Hawks. Were the better team for most of the day. Deserved to win it.

Just can’t seem to hold up when the opposition pushes hard. Probably more system and trying to maintain it.

Tough for the players to lose like that.

Hawthorn played a really good game.
They are a young team and are going to drop them. Once they get some more experience under their belt they'll be fine.

Two completely different interpretations of the dissent rule.

Can't believe Riewoldt going completely off his chops goes unpunished.
Yes and on holding, push in the back and holding the ball.

FFS imagine being a Hawks supporter and thinking you were hard done by in that game... watch it again mate.

the Hawks kids were great, take heart in that. I dont even think the win matters to them, but for us we were playing to keep a barely lit season alive and a coach is potentially playing for a career defining job.

I don’t agree hawks were the better side. 26 scoring shots to 20 tells the tale. Lots to like about the young hawks though. They’ll cause some headaches as soon as next year.
Regardless of the scoring shots, I thought they were in control and outplayed the Tigers for most of the game. But lost it when it counted.

Butterfly effect is impossible to quantify but given the score it's probably fair to say it cost us the game.

Sicily made a blue for sure but it has to go both ways. You either pay it all the time or not at all.
Cost you the game? it wasn’t even a free kick to begin with.

Last edited:
Back