Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 19 - Tigers v Hawks Sat July 22nd 1:45pm AEST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Tigers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Tigers by 7 - 20

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Tigers by a lot

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes and on holding, push in the back and holding the ball.

FFS imagine being a Hawks supporter and thinking you were hard done by in that game... watch it again mate.

the Hawks kids were great, take heart in that. I dont even think the win matters to them, but for us we were playing to keep a barely lit season alive and a coach is potentially playing for a career defining job.

Never said we were hard done? Thought the umpiring was poor both ways. Lots of scragging and holding from the Tigers defenders going unpunished. Tigers tackles going unrewarded. Few fortunate pushes in the back went our way.

Well done Tigers, good come back.

Still miss finals.
Agree, but without a pick to worry about, we aren't costing ourselves by winning late season games, so it's more fun going into games with the season mathematically alive.

As soon as it isn't, will enjoy playing the kids.

Unfortunate for the Hawks. Were the better team for most of the day. Deserved to win it.

Just can’t seem to hold up when the opposition pushes hard. Probably more system and trying to maintain it.

Tough for the players to lose like that.
The Hawks were good enough, they showed that through the day. Loss was 100% on Sam Mitchell. He s**t himself. They were playing 8 defenders at one stage, no wonder they couldn't score when they probably only needed 1 more goal to ice the game at any point in the last.

If he backs his team in, possibly a different result. We were coming hard but 1 more Hawks goal would have put it out of reach.

Butterfly effect is impossible to quantify but given the score it's probably fair to say it cost us the game.

Sicily made a blue for sure but it has to go both ways. You either pay it all the time or not at all.
I agree it should go both ways but the umps sucked off siciliy 3 contests in a row at the time and you think the non-call on dissent cost you the game, so surely that more than evens out?

all within 3 minutes
- Hold on Jack throws him out of the contest. Not paid.

- Sicily drops the next mark and is paid it

- Jack gets nudged into Sicily and Sicily gets the slightest contact and dives and is paid the free

Haha FMD

The Hawks were good enough, they showed that through the day. Loss was 100% on Sam Mitchell. He s**t himself. They were playing 8 defenders at one stage, no wonder they couldn't score when they probably only needed 1 more goal to ice the game at any point in the last.

If he backs his team in, possibly a different result. We were coming hard but 1 more Hawks goal would have put it out of reach.
Yep. Hawthorn only lost because of their last quarter coaching. The players would be gutted in he didn't trust them.

We've backed the kids in before against the Crows and GWS (even to a point we threw Sicily up forward). We were unfortunate to lose both games.

Think Sam was trying to teach some game management to the kids.

Wins and losses aren't all that important at the moment and there would be plenty to learn from this game.

Yep. Hawthorn only lost because of their last quarter coaching. The players would be gutted in he didn't trust them.
Spoke to them, did you? 😂

Loss was 100% on Sam Mitchell. He s**t himself. They were playing 8 defenders at one stage, no wonder they couldn't score when they probably only needed 1 more goal to ice the game at any point in the last.

Not related to Pat Cummins and Andrew McDonald, is he?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the replay. * me Riewoldt hard done by the umps and Sicily looked after. 2 blatant pushes in the back not paid to Jack, 1 dropped mark paid to Sicily in the 4th and 1 huge dive paid in the back to Sicily in the last too.

Watching the replay. * me Riewoldt hard done by the umps and Sicily looked after. 2 blatant pushes in the back not paid to Jack, 1 dropped mark paid to Sicily in the 4th and 1 huge dive paid in the back to Sicily in the last too.

Why do richmond fans have such an obsession with Sicily? Every game between the 2 tigs fans care more about Sicily than their own team

Why do richmond fans have such an obsession with Sicily? Every game between the 2 tigs fans care more about Sicily than their own team
I have no idea what you're talking about. I couldn't watch the game on the weekend so I watched a replay last night and it stuck out like dogs balls. Even the commentary team made not of each incident I pointed out :think:

Sicily would be one of my favorite non-richmond players. I said in this thread before the game that we would dominate us.

Back