Preview AFL 2017 - Semi Final - GWS v West Coast, Sat 16/9, Spotless Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reckon the Giants will smash us. Too good in the middle and too quick.
Your midfield was excellent last night. GWS midfield was non existent against Adelaide. The hardened bodies of Mitchell, Shuey and Priddis will be critical at stoppages next week, and if they can move it out quickly to Jetta and Gaff, you're a chance. Your forward line takes some matching.

I reckon you'll give it a real shake.

Those poor Eagles are going to need more than 7 days to recover after that brutal affair last night. The Giants are at home after a 9 day break, they have the advantage I think here but only just. Giants by 12pts.

This game could go either way. I think Giants are a more talented team but West Coast work more as a team.

The fact that Cameron definitely won't be playing and that Mumford may not play should work in GWS' favour though, they play a better brand of football when they go in smaller than they did against Adelaide.

i am inspired by the eagles atm. i believe they have one of the better lists in the comp to challenge atm and have massively underachieved this year. i think they are a bigger threat than any of port, essendon, melbourne, st kilda and the bulldogs in this current moment.

The only thing favouring GWS is that West Coast struggle to travel past Adelaide. But a win like that last night can do wonders for a team moving forward.
If GWS continue to think things will just happen in the comp because they have a lot of talented individuals, they will get a big shock .

They are more than happy to run forward, but when it's going the other way they really don't look interested, and don't work hard enough. I think Cameron will get his troops fired up after that performance against the Crows, but I honestly can't see them getting past Richmond in the prelim.

shuey, mcgovern, kennedy, yeo, jetta are guns (+naitanui when he returns)
gaff, sheed, sheppard, mitchell, vardy, redden, darling, petrie, barrass, mackenzie, hurn are all more than handy players
lecras and priddis can still pull out a vintage performance
wce have a big chance

Last night was our grand final I think. Extra time + second week travelling + GWS are genuinely the better side unlike Port last night who are only slightly better than us, and will be baying for blood after their non performance against the crows... plus expect the WA media to talk up us and the win all week long which will probably get to our heads a bit (except hopefully Mitchell will ground us). All the hallmarks of a semi smacking unfortunately and the more I ponder this game the more hopeless it feels. We can only hope GWS is as inaccurate as Port was last night to even consider us a chance. But, I guess you never know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No way. No matter how good the player is, the lack of fitness and game time is a liability. Selwood was garbage on Friday. Vardy and Petrie fine. The onballers are smart enough to rove to Mumford anyway.
There is no way Nic Nat will play i agree with you. It matters jack squat how much training you do, no match fitness = no game and not with a shot a prelim fina. Plus Vardy and Petrie are going fine

The hopeful part of me thinks this might have a Port-Hawthorn 2001 SF feel to it (hopefully without 9/11 in the week lead-up this time). As long as we can keep it interesting like a few weeks ago and not get flogged, I'll be fine with the result. Last two games at Spotless have been good contests.

I also love the Giants, so having one of them through to a guaranteed prelim (against a side who hasn't made a Grand Final in decades) is win enough.

I don't want to risk Naitanui whilst our flag hopes are still very farfetched, save him for the increased stakes of the Richmond prelim if we get that far. Even then, I'd prefer to use him as emergency depth if required, otherwise save him for 2018.

Last edited:
Will be going to cheer on Sam Mitchell in potentially his last ever game - though hoping he gets another game or 2.

$25 a ticket is a great deal. Prelim tickets last year were $65.

03400d088baff4db8153cf45eeb6980e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I don't want to risk Naitanui whilst our flag hopes are still very farfetched, save him for the increased stakes of the Richmond prelim if we get that far. Even then, I'd prefer to use him as emergency depth if required, otherwise save him for 2018.
The only way nic gets a game this year is if 1) we win this week and 2) Vardy or Petrie gets injured (hope not).

Will be going to cheer on Sam Mitchell in potentially his last ever game - though hoping he gets another game or 2.

$25 a ticket is a great deal. Prelim tickets last year were $65.

It's the AFL's pricing policy. QF and SF tkt prices are the same. Prices double for the PF, and then heaps for the GF.

The old first week of the finals furphy. The losers will not bounce back & the winners are unbeatable !!!!!.

Take a deep breath and reset.

GWS were shite, they can play better. Adelaide played well, they didn't allow GWS to regroup and get going.

Port were Port, they let the Eagles get a massive jump and then peg them back. Should Eagles have let them back in the game ?.

On the law of averages, GWS had too many shite players on the night. They may have now learnt how to get a hard ball via De Boer, plus taped Shaw's mouth up !!!.

GWS they will hit back and win by 30 points.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back