Votes: 23 11.9%
  • Geelong 20 - 40pts

Votes: 17 8.8%
  • Geelong >40 pts

Votes: 10 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the Dee's will do the Hawks by about five goals. They looked very good in stages last night and the Hawks were terrible on Friday night. Some of that can be attributed to Richmond pressure but most of it just to not being up to it.

Still curious to know how bad we would have looked if it wasn't absolutely pissing it down. Not using it as an excuse for our defeat, but we may not have looked as poor if the weather on Thursday was like it was last night. Fingers crossed for a pearler of an evening next Friday and we'll see who the best team is!

PS. As someone who has played as a small defender since I was 7 years old, the games of Neville Jetta and Christian Salem last night brought a tear to my eye. Loved watching how Salem has developed. His precise kicking last night when nobody else could hit a target reminded me of my all time favourite Hawk Grant Birchall. Hopefully Dees fans can get the same career out of Salem as we have out of Brich.

Still curious to know how bad we would have looked if it wasn't absolutely pissing it down. Not using it as an excuse for our defeat, but we may not have looked as poor if the weather on Thursday was like it was last night. Fingers crossed for a pearler of an evening next Friday and we'll see who the best team is!

PS. As someone who has played as a small defender since I was 7 years old, the games of Neville Jetta and Christian Salem last night brought a tear to my eye. Loved watching how Salem has developed. His precise kicking last night when nobody else could hit a target reminded me of my all time favourite Hawk Grant Birchall. Hopefully Dees fans can get the same career out of Salem as we have out of Brich.
Except for the bloody points Salem kicked!!!!

Agreed though, both players were outstanding, and have been all year

Cats are done. Best footy well behind them and no quality youth coming through.

Hope they keep topping up with the likes of Dalhaus etc, they will be stuck in the 7-10 bracket for quite a while.

Cats are done. Best footy well behind them and no quality youth coming through.

Hope they keep topping up with the likes of Dalhaus etc, they will be stuck in the 7-10 bracket for quite a while.

I wouldn’t say Cats are done.
They still have good talent on their list. Young talent too. Stewart, Tim Kelly, Henry, O’Connor, Rodugolea, Narkle, Cockatoo, Gregson Kolodjashnij etc. Cats are in a good place.

Selwood Ablett Dangerfield Hawkins good experienced players to guide the younger players. Cats will be up there again next year.

I wouldn’t say Cats are done.
They still have good talent on their list. Young talent too. Stewart, Tim Kelly, Henry, O’Connor, Rodugolea, Narkle, Cockatoo, Gregson Kolodjashnij etc. Cats are in a good place.

Selwood Ablett Dangerfield Hawkins good experienced players to guide the younger players. Cats will be up there again next year.
They are done mate. They’ve put their eggs in the quick fix basket and it’s gonna back fire

Geelong might have won this if the game was played at their cheat ground and not Melbournes. We know finals grounds are a big deal to cats fans and Chris Scott.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

That’s a comment with no logic. MCG has to be the only circle ground in the AFL. Rest of the stadiums in Australia actual oval grounds.

They are done mate. They’ve put their eggs in the quick fix basket and it’s gonna back fire

So your saying no chance youngers players with another year experience can improve and impact the games better? :think: Sorry just want to understand how Cats have put all their eggs in 1 basket when plenty young players showing improvement on their list.

So your saying no chance youngers players with another year experience can improve and impact the games better? :think: Sorry just want to understand how Cats have put all their eggs in 1 basket when plenty young players showing improvement on their list.
Every team has young players improving......and the eggs in 1 basket comment was based on the amount of senior players they’ve brought in over the past 3 to 4 years in an attempt to keep their window alive

Every team has young players improving......and the eggs in 1 basket comment was based on the amount of senior players they’ve brought in over the past 3 to 4 years in an attempt to keep their window alive

Touhy hasn’t had a good year?
Zac Smith won’t be long term player?

Which teams don’t try bringing in senior players to have a crack at a premiership. How it any different to Crows bringing in Bryce Gibbs, explain? I think Cats are in a much better place than crows and least 12 other AFL teams for next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

PS. As someone who has played as a small defender since I was 7 years old, the games of Neville Jetta and Christian Salem last night brought a tear to my eye.

Haha! Ditto. Maybe playing in the backline means we're a bit more observant of what defenders do. Jetta only had seven touches but it was the contests that he won (including that cracking mark against Dangerfield), the tackles as shown in the video above and the pressure he put on all night. In many ways, he reminded me of the great small defenders from the 80s/90s (Andy Collins et al) and Ben Stratton now - where statistics don't tell the story of just how good a defender the player actually is.

That being said, I'd be lying if I said I hope he plays the same game next week. I'm hoping Breust and/or Puopolo can get on top of him. If that occurs they'll have beaten a top notch opponent.

Touhy hasn’t had a good year?
Zac Smith won’t be long term player?

Which teams don’t try bringing in senior players to have a crack at a premiership. How it any different to Crows bringing in Bryce Gibbs, explain? I think Cats are in a much better place than crows and least 12 other AFL teams for next year.
This isn’t about the crows but there’s no way geelongs list is in a better position than Adelaide’s. They’ve traded away most of their early picks in recent years in hope of one last premiership. Their list isn’t built for 3 to 4 years time, it’s built for now.

This isn’t about the crows but there’s no way geelongs list is in a better position than Adelaide’s. They’ve traded away most of their early picks in recent years in hope of one last premiership. Their list isn’t built for 3 to 4 years time, it’s built for now.

Cats have traded away First Round Picks but Steven Wells and the recruiting team has done well bringing in experienced senior players from WAFL and other leagues like Tom Stewart and Tim Kelly who still have good 6-7 years in them. They have been great with good picks ups in 2nd and 3rd Round.

Harry Taylor might retire end of year. I know what your saying but Cats have plenty young exciting players to build around. Look at Hawks lost Sam Mitchell, Luke Hodge, Cyril, Brad Hill, Jordan Lewis but still finding players at bottom end of the draft and through trades to build around. Cats will secure 11 home games at Skilled, win 10 and that’s pretty much finals secured as proven unstoppable over there and proved they can least get 3-4 wins away from home so that’s finals right there. Crows on the other hand have good young players like Milera, Doodee but just like Cats youth better, just my opinion.

Yeah it’s a bit of a mystery as to why he was so quickly dispensed with a few times this year. Really has a go and brings a bit more than just his numbers
Was it because of a blatant squib in his last game? I seem to recall some talk about that.

Cats have traded away First Round Picks but Steven Wells and the recruiting team has done well bringing in experienced senior players from WAFL and other leagues like Tom Stewart and Tim Kelly who still have good 6-7 years in them. They have been great with good picks ups in 2nd and 3rd Round.

Harry Taylor might retire end of year. I know what your saying but Cats have plenty young exciting players to build around. Look at Hawks lost Sam Mitchell, Luke Hodge, Cyril, Brad Hill, Jordan Lewis but still finding players at bottom end of the draft and through trades to build around. Cats will secure 11 home games at Skilled, win 10 and that’s pretty much finals secured as proven unstoppable over there and proved they can least get 3-4 wins away from home so that’s finals right there. Crows on the other hand have good young players like Milera, Doodee but just like Cats youth better, just my opinion.
Fair enough, I personally don’t see to much excitement in their youth like I do with other clubs but obviously you’ve seen something you like

Back