AFL 2018 R21 : HAWTHORN V GEELONG CATS - MCG -13:45 AEST, AUG 11, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s what happens when you’ve been a contender year on year for the last decade or so. I find it amusing to be honest. The hatred for ‘Dangerflog’ and ‘Duckwood’ is proof enough that Tall Poppy Syndrome is alive and well.

Well done to the Hawks. Can’t play one and a half quarters of footy and expect to get the four points.

You have not been a contender for a decade. Middling at best lol

Weird season hey. Hawks soft draw. Geelong outside the 8 where they deserve to be, couple of 3 point losses to the crows and missing over half our GF team for half the yr and we can still make it. Weird season.

Soft draw??
Please explain

If ever a game was deserved to be won by the Mighty Hawks this one was, Geelong backed by several unbelievable frees, which is a factor you have to put into planning these games because this club gets looked after, and that number 25 umpire is either blind incompetent or he is a cheat.

I don't know why but some of the decisions by the umpires here today have been appalling, against both sides, but much much more to Geelong as in the where the way are given and what they call, I saw frees just ignored to Hawthorn, Ceglar a free in the back Poppy two free in the backs ignored by umpires and that's the ones I saw, 2 goals created by misinterpretation, Dangermouse caught cold in the last quarter free the to him, how often does this man get free kicks he simply doesn't deserve.
Also the last quarter a Geelong player absolutely ducks his head and drops his shoulders,, he gets a "SELWOOD" STYLE OVER THE SHOULDER FREE, I THOUGHT THIS HEAD DUCK WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHED CAREFULLY, WHERE WAS IT , IN THE hAWKS FORWARD LINE, IT IT WAS dANGER OR sELWOOD IN THEIR FORWARD LINE THE FREE WOULD HAVE BEEN TO THEM AND PROBABLY ANOTHER UMPIRES GOAL.

I am not complaining about Geelong's endeavour, or their talent , not by a long shot, I know how good they are, but we were 4 goals better today not 2 goals. , but s**t it would be nice to get some evenness in what and how and why frees are called to Geelong, always to their betterment and it happens to every club that plays them , maybe not the Eagles in Perth.

But to win you usually have to beat the umpires as well. I saw Burgs do an in the back, lucky for him, but that is one piddly instance where I can call that and Hawkins mark in the second quarter, but believe me , The Cats get the rub, and two years ago we saw a match at the MCG and dnagerfields famous come off the ground looking dead and comeback onto the ground, well he got at least 5 frees that day that he kicked his goals with, not meritorious , just umpires goals, never fails.
But we won, make of my comments, what you wish , but even some Cats can't be that blind.
I wonder if its something to do with how their colours look to umpires in a pack or colour clash do they mis-see things or cna't pick whose doing what???
That is a bit far fetched but I am really not imagining this, it is weird. Since Danger went to Geelong he gets everything, and so does Selwood and of course little gazza.

Didn't bag out the opposition though did he?
Neither did Scott. Stop being such an emo and accept that your team doesn't strike fear into us, or other teams. It's pathetic how a lot of you Richmond supporters are carrying on. Your petticoats are showing.

You have not been a contender for a decade. Middling at best lol
Since 2007.
4 GFs
3 flags
4 prelims
One kick off a prelim in 2014.
Straight sets 2012.
Missed 2015
I’m not sure how that equates to ‘middling’ but don’t let the facts get in the way of your ‘meddling’. Oh and lol. * me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Since 2007.
4 GFs
3 flags
4 prelims
One kick off a prelim in 2014.
Straight sets 2012.
Missed 2015
I’m not sure how that equates to ‘middling’ but don’t let the facts get in the way of your ‘meddling’. Oh and lol. glory be me.
Richmond supporters have rewritten history.

If ever a game was deserved to be won by the Mighty Hawks this one was, Geelong backed by several unbelievable frees, which is a factor you have to put into planning these games because this club gets looked after, and that number 25 umpire is either blind incompetent or he is a cheat.

I don't know why but some of the decisions by the umpires here today have been appalling, against both sides, but much much more to Geelong as in the where the way are given and what they call, I saw frees just ignored to Hawthorn, Ceglar a free in the back Poppy two free in the backs ignored by umpires and that's the ones I saw, 2 goals created by misinterpretation, Dangermouse caught cold in the last quarter free the to him, how often does this man get free kicks he simply doesn't deserve.
Also the last quarter a Geelong player absolutely ducks his head and drops his shoulders,, he gets a "SELWOOD" STYLE OVER THE SHOULDER FREE, I THOUGHT THIS HEAD DUCK WAS SUPPOSED TO BE WATCHED CAREFULLY, WHERE WAS IT , IN THE hAWKS FORWARD LINE, IT IT WAS dANGER OR sELWOOD IN THEIR FORWARD LINE THE FREE WOULD HAVE BEEN TO THEM AND PROBABLY ANOTHER UMPIRES GOAL.

I am not complaining about Geelong's endeavour, or their talent , not by a long shot, I know how good they are, but we were 4 goals better today not 2 goals. , but s**t it would be nice to get some evenness in what and how and why frees are called to Geelong, always to their betterment and it happens to every club that plays them , maybe not the Eagles in Perth.

But to win you usually have to beat the umpires as well. I saw Burgs do an in the back, lucky for him, but that is one piddly instance where I can call that and Hawkins mark in the second quarter, but believe me , The Cats get the rub, and two years ago we saw a match at the MCG and dnagerfields famous come off the ground looking dead and comeback onto the ground, well he got at least 5 frees that day that he kicked his goals with, not meritorious , just umpires goals, never fails.
But we won, make of my comments, what you wish , but even some Cats can't be that blind.
I wonder if its something to do with how their colours look to umpires in a pack or colour clash do they mis-see things or cna't pick whose doing what???
That is a bit far fetched but I am really not imagining this, it is weird. Since Danger went to Geelong he gets everything, and so does Selwood and of course little gazza.

Don't drink varnish, children.

That goal at the end was an incredible atmosphere, whole crowd was on their feet screaming from the moment ceglar bombed it. TV wouldn't do justice how loud it was at the G

Yeah that was immense. When the sprint took off I don’t think a single Hawks fan was still sitting.

We were bloodthirsty.

He’s right, you’re mongs who get a leg up because you have players who are apparently above the rules.

Nice to get you with all that help.

Take the eye patch off princess. Both teams got a couple of cheap ones and missed out on some obvious ones.

To have this as your 'go-to' when you lose is one thing.

To wank about it until there's spotfires all over your junk when you win is just pathetic mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back