Autopsy AFL 2020 Premiership Season First Qualifying Final - Port v Cats Thurs October 1st 7:40PM AEST/7:10 CST (AO) Match Highlights In Op

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 12 7.7%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 8 5.2%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 46 29.7%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 16 10.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Now we are getting dissed by Melbourne fans; guess you’ve just gotta wear this stuff when you put out that performance again
Dissed ?

I respect the Geelong Football Club immensely. I can't recall them being bottom 4 in my time watching football. I can only wish I supported such a club. Incredible really.

I just hope you lose because I hate your team, Dangerfield, the bald flog, and the other old campaigners.

It's nothing personal.

Great win Port. Too good.

Another cats finals loss, another familiar flat, gutted, empty, angry bewildered feeling.

Predictably, we’ll turn up the pressure next week only to get thumped (again) in another final in a prelim.

Will stand with my club but this empty feeling has become the norm come finals time.

I'd feel sick if I was a Geelong after their first half dominance. Every Port goal until the goal on half time was pure opportunism.

I'd be crook in the guts after watching my team throw away such a dominant first half.

Port came out after half time like they had been handed the biggest gift of all time.
To memory the bulldogs were similarly wasteful against port.

I think the Cats would have to be favourites over either of the Pies or the Eagles though.

I’d take the Eagles EASILY especially if you can sort of rest a few forward in the 4th on Saturday

The writing was on the wall for Geelong when they barely got over the youngest team in the league with top 4 on the line. You put the pressure on them, as port did, you will beat them or come close. The safe haven of playing down at Kardinia Park (except this year) where they invariably win gets them into the finals year in and year out. Then the pressure of finals breaks them and has since 2011. They will straight sets out. Give a rebuild a go catters!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was to be expected really....we'll win next week and bow out in the prelim...groundhog day alright

Dissed ?

I respect the Geelong Football Club immensely. I can't recall them being bottom 4 in my time watching football. I can only wish I supported such a club. Incredible really.

I just hope you lose because I hate your team, Dangerfield, the bald flog, and the other old campaigners.

It's nothing personal.
Dangerfield, the bald flog and the other old campaigners might take it a bit personally though. Na, all good. I love our club for what they’ve achieved, but we need to be great, not just good

90%. He's made finals 9 out of 10 seasons. Which means unless winning the grand final, will be at least 1 more loss.
Oh Buddy. Poor bugger. You have home games in Geelong, practically as an interstate team really in Victoria. You know you’ve been suspect once finals hit. Dangerfield, Rohan, Hawkins, Guthrie etc all turn to water. Accept it. Scott is genuinely mentally stuffed in finals.

The writing was on the wall for Geelong when they barely got over the youngest team in the league with top 4 on the line. You put the pressure on them, as port did, you will beat them or come close. The safe haven of playing down at Kardinia Park (except this year) where they invariably win gets them into the finals year in and year out. Then the pressure of finals breaks them and has since 2011. They will straight sets out. Give a rebuild a go catters!
What he said Been saying this for years they gear their team for kp To make finals and that’s it..

Geelong defence kept them in the game for a lot longer than they should of been, Henderson and Taylor were incredible.

Port were very good in restricting where Hawkins would take his set shots first 3 were right on the boundary line he lost confidence after that.

Boak and Hartlett turned the game in the 3rd and the flaky Motlop of all people kicked 3 goals!

Myers, Rohan, Dalhaus, Ablett virtually no impact in the game.

Back