Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 11 - Lions v Dogs Sat August 8th 7:40pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dogs by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • Dogs by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Dogs by a lot

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bullshit I saw it coming! I knew that 2015 seasom was our last serious threat with our list profile...

But yes, good point
Fair enough. I'll certainly admit it caught me by surprise. Freo looked to be fading late in the season but I still expected them to be thereabouts the next year. Maybe not contending but at least finals.

True but Freo had been up and about for quite a few years. Dramatic fall from grace yes but I don't think anyone saw it coming.

Dogs have been middling for years aside from their premiership.

If the Dogs had been knocked out in the first or second round of the finals there's no way he'd still be coaching them.

That one great run bought him more tickets than he's been recently entitled to in my opinion.

What's the opinion of Dogs' fans?
Yep, probably bang on.

Fair enough. I'll certainly admit it caught me by surprise. Freo looked to be fading late in the season but I still expected them to be thereabouts the next year. Maybe not contending but at least finals.

I maintain that 2015 fade was a mixture of a heavy Lyon plan that took it's toll and running into 5 out of 6 weeks including 4 in a row of muddy, wet games in contrast to most of the league (Gold Coast in winter seldom rains FFS). Bad luck, risky plan, old bones...it wasn't meant to be. But as soon as McPharlin retired I knew it was a quick descent from there

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True but Freo had been up and about for quite a few years. Dramatic fall from grace yes but I don't think anyone saw it coming.

Dogs have been middling for years aside from their premiership.

If the Dogs had been knocked out in the first or second round of the finals there's no way he'd still be coaching them.

That one great run bought him more tickets than he's been recently entitled to in my opinion.

What's the opinion of Dogs' fans?

I certainly didn't see it coming! Lol

7th last year is middling, but it's an impressive enough result to secure Beveridge his job I guess. Also, if you finish in 7th position, it could almost be expected that you'll bow out of the finals race quite quickly. Anyways, they are now a fifty/fifty proposition to enter the finals race, so time will tell as to whether Luke's position is warranted.

Unsurprisingly the top 2 teams are the two teams mainly not affected by the COVID restrictions. Brisbane will play all games in QLD and Port are the only contending team allowed to FIFO like a typical season. IMO its leading up to a Brisbane vs Port GF with the winner being decided whether they play the GF at the Gabba or Adelaide Oval.

Back