Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 5 - Giants v Hawks Sun July 5th 6:10pm AEST (GS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Giants by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Giants by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • Giants by a lot

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

WTF?!?! Against Wingard?!?

F**k off umpire... Seriously go f**k yourself... Just taking the piss

10 holding the balls paid to the Giants tonight and 1 to Hawthorn

GWS 50 tackles, 10 HTB's
Haw 45 tackles, 1 HTB

#freekickhawthorn
#ClarkoCoffeeWithGill

Hawthorn supporters actually expected to get a bunch of holding the ball decisions go their way this week just because their coach was campaigning for it.

Priceless, and almost karmic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hawthorn supporters actually expected to get a bunch of holding the ball decisions go their way this week just because their coach was campaigning for it.

I expected it to be umpired fairly. I didn't really have a problem with HTB decisions in the first 3 quarters as most of them i thought were close enough to correct even though it was going against us. Last quarter was a disgrace though

Weird game all round really.

Not too worried, move on

Beat the Pies next week and we're 4-2 having played last year's top 5

Hahaha :D

No, mate. I'm not a moron like you.

I fully expected us to get reamed by umps after Clarko potted them last week and accused them of ruining the game

Hawthorn supporters hilarious complaining about the umps.

Tell us how you got your first and last goal?

Tells us about the primacy and recency effects. How about all the s**t that went down in between? Almost equal tackle count and 10-1 HTB count until very late in the game. You really think GWS was 10 times more effective at tackling than us for the vast majority of the game, or that the umpires got a tad precious after Clarko pointed the finger at them for causing a blight on the game in his presser last week? Every team I watched on the weekend got a bunch more HTB decisions paid. Except us. I'm not a big fan of umpiring conspiracy theories, but unlike some I do think they are human, and that what we saw today was a very human response to being told they were not doing their job properly.

Oh, and good job by GWS. Cut us up forward, and gave us nothing down back. A well deserved win, and they would have won with or without the umpires exacting revenge such was their dominance at both ends of the ground.

Back