Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 10 - Dockers v Cats Sat May 20th 4:35pm AEST/ 2:35PM WST (OS)

Who will win and by how much?

• Freo by a goal or less

Votes: 7 13.0%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.7%
  • Freo by 7 - 20

Votes: 16 29.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 18 33.3%
  • Freo by a lot

Votes: 5 9.3%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 6 11.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Fremantle-vs-Geelong.png

12th v 7th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 10

FREMANTLE V GEELONG
SATURDAY MAY 20TH 4:35 AEST/2:35PM WST (OPTUS STADIUM)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

DOCKERS

B: B. Cox, A. Pearce - C, H. Young
HB: B. Walker, L. Ryan, J. Aish
C: J. Clark, S. Switkowski, E. Hughes
HF: C. Serong, L. Jackson, B. Banfield
F: M. Walters, J. Amiss, L. Schultz
FOLL: S. Darcy, A. Brayshaw, N. O’Driscoll

I/C: J. Treacy, M. Frederick, N. Fyfe, J. O’Meara
EMG: N. Erasmus, W. Brodie, M. Johnson, K. Worner

In: None
Out: N. Erasmus (Managed)

CATS
B: M. O’Connor, E. Ratugolea, Z. Guthrie
HB: J. Kolodjashnij, J. Henry, T. Stewart - C
C: Z. Tuohy, T. Atkins, I. Smith
HF: B. Close, T. Stengle, S. Simpson
F: G. Miers, T. Hawkins, J. Cameron
FOLL: J. Ceglar, M. Blicavs, M. Holmes

I/C: J. Bews, B. Parfitt, T. Bruhn, M. Knevitt
EMG: J. Willis, O. Mullin, O. Dempsey, C. Whyte

In: J. Henry, B. Close, T. Stengle
Out: O. Dempsey (Omitted), M. Duncan (Injured), O. Henry (Injured), J. Clark (Injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:

I'd say so and I'm not one to bother with the reverse mozz, undersell my team malarkey. Freo have nipped back into some form at the right time as Richmond did. Still a very good side that just had a bad start to the season.

If we have Stengle and Close back it'll certainly help us when the ball hits the deck in forward 50. O.Henry is rumoured to miss so we also need some goals from somewhere.

But basically we'll need Holmes, Blicavs and Atkins to step up in midfield (only the latter did on the weekend) and Cameron to return to sizzling form. 50/50 game I reckon.

I doubt Cameron & Blicavs play two consecutive poor matches.

Fremantle are better than Richmond but Geelong literally kicked themselves out of the game in the first quarter.
Maybe you guys hold a two goal lead at quarter time but Geelong won't be kicking 7 points.

With the noise I looked at the team that ran out against the tiges.
I’ve realised you still have AAs at each end and plenty of premiership experience.
Key forwards both there
Stewart at the back accompanied by tuoy.
Isaac smith

Still clearly older and more experienced then freo

Cats by 17
Counts for nought if the 14-15 premiership players mostly have off nights. IF they revert to their best form Geelong should win. Anything less and Freo will roll us.

Not much between the dockers and cats ATM. Dockers haven’t really beaten much and cats 5 game winning streak included wins against hawks, eagles and swans… hardly news worthy… Bombers at the G and crows at home.. Actually doesn’t seem so good looking back. A win interstate would beef up their credentials a bit more.. A challenge though given the dockers can stifle our ball movement through the middle and cats have struggled to contain oppo ball movement this season. Let’s see… which team wants it!

think itll come down to the hawkins and cameron match ups, lost logue who usually does a good job against jezza so he could be the difference if hes on.

our three talls had a day out against an undermanned swans defence but dont think itll be that easy this week espeically if SDK is back. stewart could have a field day with intercepts.if our midfield get ontop against the younger cats then things can fall our way, should be a good contest

(Log in to remove this ad.)

think itll come down to the hawkins and cameron match ups, lost logue who usually does a good job against jezza so he could be the difference if hes on.

our three talls had a day out against an undermanned swans defence but dont think itll be that easy this week espeically if SDK is back. stewart could have a field day with intercepts.if our midfield get ontop against the younger cats then things can fall our way, should be a good contest

Not sure they will risk De Koning.
I think Ratugolea will play on Amiss and Kolodjashnij & Stewart will help with the other talls.

It's the smalls I am more worried about. Shultz, Frederick, Walters. Will need Guthrie, Bews (horrible last week) and O'Conner to be at the top of their game.

Let me guess . . . the betting odds suggest otherwise ;)

No i base it on facts and logic

Where as you have got an absolute hatred of all things Richmond - gone on a tyrant - and as a result - youd would have over 100 posts this year - detrimental to the Tigers in one way or another

Doesnt mean im confident that Geel with their banged up side will beat Frem this week tho

Where as you have got an absolute hatred of all things Richmond - gone on a tyrant - and as a result - youd would have over 100 posts this year - detrimental to the Tigers in one way or another

Doesnt mean im confident that Geel with their banged up side will beat Frem this week tho
The tigers are cooked
That was their grandfinal last week
The media flap their mouth for extra eyes.
Freo were a better team last year
And will be this year.
Quick facts
freo higher on ladder
Freo were better in 2022.
I think you’ve Inhaled to much media

Maybe Fremantle's upside is what makes them a tricky proposition?
They are a young team and they have speed.
If Jackson continues improving, they are back to being a top eight contender.

As for Richmond, please . . . they beat our reserves side. Watch them lose this week.

Being a Rebound Theorist, I reckon Freo would have had a bigger chance of winning if Cats had won last week. How often does C Scott lose 2 in a row?

Freo have refound something, they looked excellent last week. It may come down to their self belief. But Cats are a completely diff proposition to the Soft Swans.

Cats by 5.

Being a Rebound Theorist, I reckon Freo would have had a bigger chance of winning if Cats had won last week. How often does C Scott lose 2 in a row?

Freo have refound something, they looked excellent last week. It may come down to their self belief. But Cats are a completely diff proposition to the Soft Swans.

Cats by 5.

They Lost the first 3 rounds didn’t they?

Not sure they will risk De Koning.
I think Ratugolea will play on Amiss and Kolodjashnij & Stewart will help with the other talls.

It's the smalls I am more worried about. Shultz, Frederick, Walters. Will need Guthrie, Bews (horrible last week) and O'Conner to be at the top of their game.
Yes their smalls up front are good and you’re right Bews has been a bit off in a few games actually. Not sure about Sav on the lead up Amiss .. maybe he will go to the resting Jackson or treacy?

Yes their smalls up front are good and you’re right Bews has been a bit off in a few games actually. Not sure about Sav on the lead up Amiss .. maybe he will go to the resting Jackson or treacy?

Yeh Jackson has put up decent numbers the past fortnight. Should get plenty of looks. Much bigger body than Esava too.

Worried about Darcy. He's back to career best form and Ceglar will run out of gas like he did last week.
Huge advantage in ruck without our usual combo of Stanley & Blicavs.

Yeh Jackson has put up decent numbers the past fortnight. Should get plenty of looks. Much bigger body than Esava too.

Worried about Darcy. He's back to career best form and Ceglar will run out of gas like he did last week.
Huge advantage in ruck without our usual combo of Stanley & Blicavs.
Darcy dominating wouldn't be the end of the world. But it will be if our midfield of Blicavs, Holmes, Atkins, Bruhn etc get belted. Ceglar for all of his faults usually won't be destroyed in hit outs so there's not the issue of mids getting it on a silver platter. He's been really good around the ground lately but hopefully Ceglar can stick with him for as long as possible.

Back