Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 11 - Swans v Blues Fri 26th May 7:50pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 6 7.7%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 26 33.3%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Draw

Votes: 5 6.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t worry… apparently the guy to turn it all around will be playing next week.

checks notes

Paddy Dow? What?

Don’t worry… apparently the guy to turn it all around will be playing next week.

checks notes

Paddy Dow? What?

Don’t joke about that a lot of Carlton posters genuinely seem to think he will make a difference

(Log in to remove this ad.)

JsumTrhJp8G35dMtfO3IJNBxuOWrlCjfbWrm9LEmIuc.jpg

Carlton 59 inside 50s for six goals tonight.

They’ve kicked 21.41 in the last three weeks. I’ll not count the oof kicks in that.

So Voss might get the heat, but he’s not kicking the ******* ball for them. That team is full of high draft picks and they should be embarrassed at what they’re dishing up from a skills perspective.

It’s not just kicking either, their inadequate handball game and constant fumbling is way below a decent AFL standard.

I don’t rate him. There will be some that have a soft spot for him for a multitude of reasons, one being the poor handling of his sacking by the board and of course being a club legend.

I just don’t think he is very good tactically, especially on game day. The Lions had a far better list under Voss than under Leppa as well.

Don’t get it twisted though, Carlton’s list is also overhyped. It’s still a list that should be around 7-8 for mine but it’s closer to bottom 4 under Voss.

Too many players gone backwards in such a short amount of time.
This list, as you say, was capable of playing finals.

Two years down the drain.
I'd be ropeable if I were a Blues supporter.

I pity Crazy Vossy because he has inherited a very unbalanced list with a whole lot of salary cap not on the park.

He also can't go out there and kick it for them, nobody can say he wouldn't do a better job..

However, going out there and playing Hinkleyball is stupid because at Port a 20 point loss there is no scrutiny from the media. The SA media don't care and the Vic media, a Port 20 point loss is exactly what they want. But in a club like Carlton that is never going to fly. Please don't sack him Koch would be stupid enough to hire a Hinkleyball disciple.

Last edited:
Some general observations from tonight

1. McKay needs a team of psychology professionals to fix his yips. Even then it could take a while.
2. Franklin is completely cooked. Can't run, can't jump, can't do a damn thing anymore except slap the ball around.
3. Carlton's game plan is old school. Players are on their own out there, no supporting of each other, they just go at it as individuals.
4. Cripps is destined to play out his entire career without ever tasting finals. A truly sad footy story.

Back