Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 16 - Swans v Cats Fri June 30th 7:50pm AEST (SCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Cats by a goal or less

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • Cats by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Cats by a lot

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Sydney-vs-Geelong.png
13th v 9th

AFL 2023 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 16
SYDNEY V GEELONG
FRIDAY JUNE 30TH 7:50PM EST (SCG)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Weekly Premium Platinum memberships to be won!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket - for Medallion Club tickets

Teams

SWANS

B: H.Cunningham, D.Rampe - C, A.Francis
HB: O.Florent, N.Blakey, J.Lloyd
C: E.Gulden, J.Rowbottom, J.McInerney
HF: C.Mills, L.McDonald, T.Papley
F: H.McLean, J.Amartey, I.Heeney
FOLL: T.Hickey, L.Parker, A.Sheldrick

I/C: L.Melican, B.Campbell, R.Fox, W.Hayward
EMG: T.McCartin, R.Clarke, L.McAndrew, Co.Warner

In: W.Hayward
Out: Ch.Warner (Injured), R.Clarke (Omitted)

CATS
B: J.Bews, S.De Koning, Z.Guthrie
HB: J.Henry, E.Ratugolea, T.Stewart
C: I.Smith, P.Dangerfield - C, M.Duncan
HF: O.Henry, G.Rohan, T.Stengle
F: T.Atkins, T.Hawkins, B.Close
FOLL: R.Stanley, M.Blicavs, T.Bruhn

I/C: J.Kolodjashnij, M.Holmes, Z.Tuohy, G.Miers
EMG: B.Parfitt, O.Mullin, O.Dempsey, J.Bowes

In: E.Ratugolea, P.Dangerfield
Out: J.Cameron (Injured), M.O’Connor (Injured), J.Bowes (Sub)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
Swans clear underdogs. I wonder how often a side wins by 150+ points then is underdogs at home... particularly against an interstate opponent

Can’t read much into that game against the Eagles given the standard we were up against, BUT… I do get the sense that was just the sort of release valve we’ve been needing and it played a few of our key personnel into some form and confidence.

Danger and Cameron out for the Cats (along with a few others who’ve been out for a while) gives us a real chance in this. Think we can cause a minor upset.

Can’t read much into that game against the Eagles given the standard we were up against, BUT… I do get the sense that was just the sort of release valve we’ve been needing and it played a few of our key personnel into some form and confidence.

Danger and Cameron out for the Cats (along with a few others who’ve been out for a while) gives us a real chance in this. Think we can cause a minor upset.

I think Dangerfield will be 50/50 and some even saying he will play.
Even with Dangerfield, you now have a decent squad for the first time since early on in the year.

Looks like the big win reinvigorated players down on form. Heeney in particular.
Rampe and McCartin two big inlusions. If Cameron was playing, really off-puts your structure but Rampe should do a decent job on Rohan or Henry.

Our record away from Geelong (not counting WCE as it was at a neutral venue) this year doesn't make for pretty reading. 3 wins, 6 losses.

This is a danger game with a close to full strength Sydney side having found some form. Also they have a chance to really get their season back on track.

Should be a good match.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thinking Luke Parker gives Dangerfields ribs a test in the first 10 minutes

Yep. If I were the opposition, it's the first thing you would be told, test out those ribs every single opportunity you get.
Should have a guard on but will still feel the impact.
It'll be prime time acting by Patrick on Friday night.

It's been a long time since I've a seen a bigger mauling than what Dangerfield gave Parker and co. in the Grand Final last year. Don't reckon he'd be holding too much fear of these blokes getting physical with him.

It's been a long time since I've a seen a bigger mauling than what Dangerfield gave Parker and co. in the Grand Final last year. Don't reckon he'd be holding too much fear of these blokes getting physical with him.
Good to see Danger learned something from his match ups with Dusty
I think Parker will have Dangers name written on his wrist this game

Should be a great game

Good to see Danger learned something from his match ups with Dusty
I think Parker will have Dangers name written on his wrist this game

Should be a great game
That's the same Dusty who went missing up at the Gabba when his team needed him in that cutthroat final right while Danger picked up the best finals player award en route to the premiership?

Yep, should be a good one.

Swans to finally get revenge for the 2022 grand final

Swans by 33
As Hawks fans are so found to say there is no revenge for a grand final loss. Even if the swans win, we have a flag they do not.

Back