Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 14 - Lions v Swans Fri June 16th 7:50pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 12 30.0%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 24 60.0%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Through all of his injuries Oliver has lost his speed and he won't be the same player anymore... He couldn't kick in the first place 😂

Levi Ashcroft has overtaken him 😂
lol. All of his injuries? He's basically had no injuries. One of the most durable players of the current day. You really don't know what you're talking about. Oliver has lost none of his speed. What are you even talking about ? lol. He's as fast as he's ever been. He's like already locked into the AA team despite missing 3 games.

Get back to me when anyone from Brisbane, let alone Ashcroft is a multiple AA, 2 x Coaches award winner and kicking sealers in grand finals. I'll wait for you.

Through all of his injuries Oliver has lost his speed and he won't be the same player anymore... He couldn't kick in the first place 😂

Levi Ashcroft has overtaken him 😂
Ashcroft looked average at best tonight, not sure what the hype is about. Hey that goal he kicked earlier in the year was pretty sick though ngl.

Losers always come up with excuses... Not a good look for you.

We are missing our 2 best players Hugh McCluggage and Dayne Zorko but we still had 11 more scoring shots than you.
Hmm Dayne Zorko is in your 2 best players - ok then. I admit McCluggage is good but Zorko is past it

I may as well say we are missing our BEST player Lance Franklin

Hmm Dayne Zorko is in your 2 best players - ok then. I admit McCluggage is good but Zorko is past it

I may as well say we are missing our BEST player Lance Franklin

While he may not be in our top 2 best players, Zorko is still (unfortunately, given his age) in our top 3-4 most important players I reckon.

While he may not be in our top 2 best players, Zorko is still (unfortunately, given his age) in our top 3-4 most important players I reckon.
Just for laughs I will rate who I think Brisbane's most important players are - to win a final:

Neale
McCluggage
Cameron
Andrews
Dunkley
Bailey

10 more or so...

Zorko

Last edited:

as an organiser?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

as an organiser?

I think his biggest value to the side is that he provides a link between our midfielders and our forwards which can look disconnected. Because he's both a very good midfielder and forward, he knows when to push into the midfield or to push forward and support those lines.

Not to mention he's close to the best kick we have, as well as one of the few players we have with pace that applies pressure and tackles. His speed is valuable as we're not a particularly quick side.

I think he's the one player we don't have a ready made replacement for heading into the future. His body lets him down these days though.

Last edited:
Can't help but think Sydney missed a chance to snatch an unlikely victory against a prodigal Lions.

Prob not quite enough personnel available, I suppose they did well on the scoreboard and can say they didn't get overwhelmed.

But where is the fire and spirit of yesteryear? It's a large chasm between now and their stirring prelim win over Pies last year.

But where is the fire and spirit of yesteryear? It's a large chasm between now and their stirring prelim win over Pies last year.

Losing two defenders hurts and they aren't just any defenders. McCartin brothers were excellent and you saw how Brisbane looked when Payne got injured.

They're now using Blakey as their main kpd.

Ashcroft looked average at best tonight, not sure what the hype is about. Hey that goal he kicked earlier in the year was pretty sick though ngl.

It's interesting to see the only ones bagging Ashy are salty Swans fans. Pretty much all of the neutrals know he will be a super star

Ashcroft - 23 disposals (16 contested), 9 clearances, 4 tackles, 20 pressure acts

Not too shabby for a first year kid playing as a full time mid.

Can't help but think Sydney missed a chance to snatch an unlikely victory against a prodigal Lions.

Prob not quite enough personnel available, I suppose they did well on the scoreboard and can say they didn't get overwhelmed.

Yeah really it was only an unlikely victory though Lions really should have won by at least 50 points

Yeah really it was only an unlikely victory though Lions really should have won by at least 50 points
Lions deserved winners. No doubt. Just felt they were not fully on and the door was left ajar quite late.

Back