Opinion AFL 2023 Round 16 - Liked, learnt, hated

Remove this Banner Ad

Liked - They've been mentioned in my 'Hated' a bit recently but I loved seeing the Eagles improved showing. Couldn't quite get over the line but they were a mile better than last week and some of those kids will get heaps out of today.

Learnt - The Giants are well and truly in the finals race. That win in tough conditions was huge for them and it showed they can win ugly which is not always something that could have been said about them.

Hated - The Swans blowing a million chances against the Cats. Should have had four points sewn up but in the end we were lucky to get two.

Liked - Dan Houston's rocket after the siren.

Learnt - Whoever is going to break Port's winning streak is going to have to play a full 4 quarters siren to siren. Even on their off days they're still only a 10-15 minute purple patch away from killing a game.

Hated - I know it was necessary given the circumstances, but my goodness the score review after the siren killed the moment a bit for the commentators. Much akin to wondering whether or not to celebrate after a goal in soccer knowing VAR is drawing up a Pythagoras triangle to see if the player is a millimetre offside.

Liked: Collingwood being four wins clear of 4th spot after this round.

Hated: Dan McStay's return being postponed again.

Learnt: the insufficient intent rule is getting more ridiculous. Saw a Giants player bumped, as he was kicking the footy, get pinged when his kick was clearly effected by the bump.

Last edited:

Liked: Collingwood looking they are out of their form slump and with De Goey and Sidebottom to come back they will only get better. Colling are our only hope to stop Port wining the flag so i am a Pies fan for the rest of the year :)
Learnt: Nothing new, Port are still kissed on the pecker
Hated: The Bombers not being able to close the game out.

Last edited:
Learned: Nuffin
Liked: Jesse Hogan's mark
Hated: stand and the "excuse me" contact rules.

Liked : Nick Daicos the contested tackling machine.
Learnt : Nick Daicos is the best player in the AFL
Hated : Flight cancellations

Liked: our improved effort, felt like we were playing for pride. Couldn't quite do it but proud of the boys.

Hated: getting my hopes up and not quite getting the W, but oh well, the results themselves matter little, think the spoon is safe too lol.

Learnt: Gold Coast at their worst are still very bad...Dan Houston has announced himself. All but 3 teams can still make finals.

Liked: Brisbane Lions

Liked: Swans - Geelong draw

Liked: Port Power

Liked: GWS Giants - Big big sound

Liked: Saints, Crouch 17 tackles :oops:

Disliked: WCE crowd :mask:🤫

Last edited:
Liked - Nick Daicos tearing it up in the middle. Will be interesting what happens when JDG returns this week.

Learnt - A showdown final is a possibility and that would be an awesome game.

Hated - Not a lot really. would like to see WC get a win though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Liked - Dan Houston you star
Learned - It's still a weird feeling watching a draw.
Hated - If you want to beat the Bulldogs, you still need to beat the umps first.

Liked : Finally a competitive Eagles game. Also finally some common sense from the MRO ( Close Tackle)

Learnt: The Demons are in a bigger trough than i thought. Geelong are not getting out of theirs!

Hated : The fact that Collingwood are better than the rest, a sad day indeed.

Liked: Collingwood looking they are out of their form slump and with De Goey and Sidebottom to come back they will only get better. Colling are our only hope to stop Port wining the flag so i am a Pies fan for the rest of the year :)
Learnt: Nothing new, Port are still kissed on the pecker
Hated: The Bombers not being able to close the game out.
Crows a chance…. In fact every club a chance bar St.Kilda and Sydney on winning Grand Finals against Collingwood (unless if the year ends with 0).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back