Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 12 - Port v Blues Thurs May 30th 7:30pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Blues by a goal or less

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Blues by 7 - 20

Votes: 20 27.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Blues by a lot

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • Draw

Votes: 4 5.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Port-Adelaide-vs-Carlton.png

3rd v 8th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 12
PORT ADELAIDE V CARLTON
THURSDAY MAY 30TH 7:30PM AEST (ADELAIDE OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

Weekly Prize:
:arrowright: Best score each round wins a year's Premium Platinum membership!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams:
POWER

B: K.Farrell, E.Ratugolea, B.Zerk-Thatcher
HB: M.Bergman, A.Aliir, D.Houston
C: T.Boak, O.Wines, W.Drew
HF: D.Byrne-Jones, T.Marshall, M.Georgiades
F: Z.Butters - C, C.Dixon, La.Jones
FOLL: I.Soldo, J.Horne-Francis, J.McEntee

I/C: J.Mead, J.Finlayson, F.Evans, R.Burton, J.Burgoyne
EMG: J.Sweet, T.Clurey, T.Anastasopoulos

IN: C.Dixon, I.Soldo, F.Evans
OUT: W.Rioli (Injured), J.Sweet (Omitted), C.Rozee (Injured)

BLUES
B: A.Saad, J.Weitering, Z.Williams
HB: B.Kemp, M.McGovern, N.Newman
C: O.Hollands, P.Cripps - C, E.Hollands
HF: L.Fogarty, H.McKay, M.Owies
F: G.Hewett, C.Curnow, M.Kennedy
FOLL: T.De Koning, S.Walsh, A.Cincotta

I/C: L.Cowan, J.Carroll, B.Acres, J.Boyd, O.Fantasia
EMG: C.Durdin, C.Marchbank, Le.Young

No changes

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

BYE: Brisbane * North * Sydney * Giants
Gift exchange

Taking place at the coin toss pre-game, Carlton will gift Port Adelaide a Dharrang, designed by proud Wiradjuri man Uncle Mick Lyons. Dharrang, the Wiradjuri word for message stick, are used as a traditional communication method for many of this country’s First Nations cultures. Transmitting between different communities across Australia, messages included announcements of ceremonies, invitations to meetings, corroborees, or marriages. In many cases, message sticks were also objects that granted its carrier a safe passage and entry into the lands of other Aboriginal Communities. Today’s Dharrang includes a kangaroo (wambuwuny) burnt into the wood with dot painting.

Hyundai Help for Kids – Kicking Goals for Kids

For every Carlton goal kicked, Hyundai and Carlton will donate $500 each to Kickstart for Kids, a not-for-profit organisation that helps disadvantaged school children achieve positive educational outcomes and increased self-esteem through breakfast, lunch and mentoring programs. This is part of Hyundai’s Kicking Goals for Kids event, which sees Hyundai support charities partnered with Hyundai’s Help for Kids program. To help Kickstart for Kids to provide 60,000 breakfasts and 10,000 lunches a week to underprivileged children in South Australia, donate here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Other than the Suns, over the past 6 weeks we've played:

GWS (5th) - won by 19
Geelong (6th) - loss by 13
Pies (7th) - loss by 6
Dees (4th) - won by 1
Sydney - away (1st) got smashed

Next two weeks we have Port - away (3rd) and Essendon (2nd) rounding out the entire top 8 inside of 9 weeks.

Then we have a bye, and have to play Geelong again.

To say that's a tough 2 months is an understatement, and it hasn't been helped by having half our best 22 out with soft tissue injuries.

We're still not getting our inside 50's right and are vulnerable on the counter attack. Not laying enough tackles either.

Head says Port win this one. Heart obviously leans the other way.

Go Blues.

Port at Adelaide Oval is historically a recipe for disaster for us. Not sure if the expected 10ml of rain will favor us or not but injury clouds over Rozee and Rioli certainly would.

That amount of rain won't help with recovery going up against the Don's the week after however.

Port at Adelaide Oval is historically a recipe for disaster for us. Not sure if the expected 10ml of rain will favor us or not but injury clouds over Rozee and Rioli certainly would.

That amount of rain won't help with recovery going up against the Don's the week after however.
We have 10 days break after this game, rain shouldn't hamper recovery.

Can’t see how you tip Carlton for this one. AO has some spell on Carlton players where they regress into timid hacks - seen it first hand everytime. I don’t think we have ever got within 10 goals of Port at AO. And I’ll be there watching live, as always.
Broke the AO curse by beating Freo

Carlton by a comfortable 13 points

A big game between 2 sides with top 4 aspirations.

Carlton don't play AO well. A win in their most recent outing earlier in the season will give some confidence, so too will the comprehensive victory over Port last season.

Port are a good H&A side. Question marks remain on their finals performances but they're putting themselves in a position to finish top 4 again and give themselves another chance. Form at AO this season has not been great however, having lost there twice already.

Rioli is a significant out for Port, Rozee will be a huge loss if it's true he won't get up for this one. No fresh injury news out of Carlton after the Suns game, though there's time for that to change.

Both teams should go into this one somewhat confident, though the supporters of both sides will be nervous.

Carlton can absolutely win this one, but I'll be tipping Port.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can we overcome our woes at AO? Still yet to win against a SA team at AO.

Port supporters are a very intriguing bunch. Ken Hinkley has the team outright 3rd on the ladder and they're favourites this week...but their supporters seem to think he's going to choke it up and/or choke the season. I don't really understand the Hinkley Hate.

Can we overcome our woes at AO? Still yet to win against a SA team at AO.

Port supporters are a very intriguing bunch. Ken Hinkley has the team outright 3rd on the ladder and they're favourites this week...but their supporters seem to think he's going to choke it up and/or choke the season. I don't really understand the Hinkley Hate.

Here is some light reading for you if you don't understand.

Sack Hinkley
Sack Hinkley 2: Septic Portaloo
Sack Hinkley 3 - 2021 is worse than 2020 already
Sack Hinkley 4 - Show Him The Door
Sack Hinkley 5 - Lower The Blinds
Sack Hinkley 6 - Kochblocked
Sack Hinkley 7 - "Turn it around or watch out"
Sack Hinkley 8 - "Ask me in August"
Sack Hinkley 9 - I Am Become Donuts, Destroyer Of Ports

Sack Hinkley 10 - UnTENable

Well I knew this day was coming. A game between a team I hate and the one I despise more than any other.
A piece of me hopes for a power black out, so the game doesn't get played, as I cant stand the thought of either being happy.
A piece of me hopes for a draw but then although both may be disappointed, neither will be disappointed enough.

Carlton by 8 points.

Go Blues (sorry fellow Collingwood fans), I just cannot hope for a Port win.

I have a rule, don’t tip Port in games with crowds greater than 40k. Dunno the stats on it but seems any game we have in front of a big crowd we choke it. With the rain keeping people away I’m gonna tip Port

The weather prediction is that it will clear up before the start of the match. Slick but decent ground conditions.

Port Adelaide by 4 goals.

Harry McKay to kick another goal to make that just 4 goals over the last month.

I have a rule, don’t tip Port in games with crowds greater than 40k. Dunno the stats on it but seems any game we have in front of a big crowd we choke it. With the rain keeping people away I’m gonna tip Port
Interesting.
Since 2021, you've played in 15 games with crowds of 40k+.
5 wins, 10 losses (33.33% win ratio).
Compared to the other 63 games with crowds of less than 40k...
44 wins, 19 losses (69.84% win ratio).

Seems to stack up. Fingers crossed for a big crowd.

EDIT: When I filtered the crowds out, I didn't realise that it dropped out 4 games that were played with zero crowds... all wins!
So corrected stats are:
Since 2021, you've played in 15 games with crowds of 40k+.
5 wins, 10 losses (33.33% win ratio).
Compared to the other 67 games with crowds of less than 40k...
48 wins, 19 losses (71.64% win ratio).

Double EDIT:
Of the 15 big crowd games, 10 were at AO, where you fared a little better. 5 wins and 5 losses for a 50% win record.

Last edited:
Intrigued to see how much a punch in the dick the new HTB rule "interpretation" will be, I think it's going to stifle our midfield quite a bit

Intrigued to see how much a punch in the dick the new HTB rule "interpretation" will be, I think it's going to stifle our midfield quite a bit
We’re all thinking the same thing.

Likely for our players who stand up in the tackle & wheel around to find a handball option.

It’s likely to be the “contested” teams with inside bulls most impacted.

Not sure this move will help congestion, more ball ups likely as players release the ball faster into congestion.

Back