Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 6 - Crows v Bombers Fri April 19th 7:40pm AEST (AO)

Who will win and by how much?

• Crows by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bombers by a goal or less

Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Crows by 7 - 20

Votes: 27 43.5%
  • Bombers by 7 - 20

Votes: 17 27.4%
  • Crows by a lot

Votes: 12 19.4%
  • Bombers by a lot

• Draw

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Adelaide-vs-Essendon.png

14th v 9th

AFL 2024 PREMIERSHIP SEASON ROUND 6

ADELAIDE V ESSENDON
FRIDAY APRIL 19TH 7:40PM AEST (ADELAIDE OVAL)

Live scores on BigFooty during the match.

TIPPING ON BIGFOOTY

CLICK HERE :arrowright: TIP IN BIGFOOTY TIPPING
$1000 total prize money!
$500 first place and a spiffy medal
$300 second place
$200 third place

:arrowright: Best score each round wins a Premium Platinum memberships!

Tipping proudly sponsored by
The Golden Ticket

Medallion Club tickets at the MCG and Marvel
Corporate Box tickets at the MCG and Marvel
AFL Finals Tickets

Optus Stadium open air box tickets

Adelaide Oval Stadium Club tickets

Heritage Bank Stadium Lounge tickets

GABBA Open Air Corporate Boxes

Teams

CROWS

B: L. Nankervis, J. Borlase, B. Smith
HB: J. Worrell, M. Keane, M. Michalanney
C: M. Hinge, J. Dawson - C, C. Jones
HF: J. Soligo, I. Rankine, J. Rachele
F: B. Cook, D. Fogarty, T. Walker
FOLL: R. O’Brien, R. Laird, B. Keays

I/C: W. Hamill, L. Gollant, S. Berry, L. Sholl, N. McHenry
EMG: B. Dowling, E. Himmelberg, L. Pedlar

IN: J. Borlase, L. Sholl
OUT: J. Butts (Injured), M. Crouch (Suspension)

BOMBERS

B: D. Heppell, B. McKay, N. Hind
HB: N. Martin, M. Redman, A. McGrath
C: X. Duursma, D. Parish, J. Kelly
HF: S. Durham, K. Langford, A. Davey Jnr
F: J. Gresham, J. Stringer, B. Hobbs
FOLL: T. Goldstein, J. Caldwell, Z. Merrett - C

I/C: S. Draper, E. Tsatas, N. Cox, J. Laverde, H. Jones
EMG: A. Roberts, N. Caddy, J. Davey

IN: E. Tsatas
OUT: J. Menzie (injured)

:arrowdown: Links to the Club Board tipping comps :arrowdown:

Last edited:
This game looked like being an absolute snooze feat this time last week but a little bit more interesting now.

I'm in 2 minds about this match.

We have had Adelaide measure for a while now and based off of W/L you would assume we are the better team. On face value you would think Adelaide have gone backwards, but I don't think their losses have been that bad. They haven't really versed any bad teams yet (We don't really know for sure after 5 rounds) we are guessing but after 5 rounds...

Carlton 98 -100
Melbourne 63 - 78
Fremantle 69 - 34
Geelong 77 - 96
GC 60 - 54

Those could all be top 8 teams this year and they haven't got smashed like we did vs Port.

Essendon can't sustain the Edge for more than a week at a time. We've revamped the midfield after Nick's finally took the advice, on offer on our BF board from before game one, and we are back on a bullet.

Crows by 5 goals
Normally yes but I think we match up quite well against the Crows. It's a genuine 50/50.
I think it'll be a close game either way similar to how Carlton vs Adelaide went.

Essendon can't sustain the Edge for more than a week at a time. We've revamped the midfield after Nick's finally took the advice, on offer on our BF board from before game one, and we are back on a bullet.

Crows by 5 goals

i wouldn't call winning a single game being back on a bullet.......

but you aren't wrong about us. We are very inconsistent.

Yeah… Crows will probably win but haven’t beaten the Bombers in 7 years (at any ground), have had one win for the season (by 2 points after kicking 16.4) and yet still go into this game $1.45 favourites.

I’m not suggesting we are the role models of consistency and success … but are they that brilliant?

Yeah… Crows will probably win but haven’t beaten the Bombers in 7 years (at any ground), have had one win for the season (by 2 points after kicking 16.4) and yet still go into this game $1.45 favourites.

I’m not suggesting we are the role models of consistency and success … but are they that brilliant?
As someone who gambles like crazy I definitely agree that 1.45 is far too short

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's just the home ground factor I think. On the road the Crows gave their supporters oxygen again and surely for the homecoming players and crowd will be fired up. Win this one and Adelaide's season has a pulse.

I think it'll be within a few goals either way though.

I don't think we have actually played Essendon at AO since 2020, impossible to judge anything from then given that we were at the start of our rebuild and it was the COVID shortened game season. Essendon also with a new coach since then. Hard game to gauge given that we only got our s**t together last weekend and have yet to see it consistently.

I don't think we have actually played Essendon at AO since 2020, impossible to judge anything from then given that we were at the start of our rebuild and it was the COVID shortened game season. Essendon also with a new coach since then. Hard game to gauge given that we only got our s**t together last weekend and have yet to see it consistently.
Adelaide Oval typically isn't a bad ground for Essendon. It's just that Port are a nightmare match up for Essendon anywhere so it heavily skews our record. In fact, they beat us up worse in Melbourne than Adelaide.

We smashed Melbourne in Adelaide last year who are very good there.

But then again, Essendon have been win-loss-win-loss so far and it's been 7 year since we lost to Adelaide so I guess we're due for a loss.

Genuinely thought pies port game was tonight and was looking forward to it.

Why do they keep giving spud teams prime time.

Imo crows will win this by 10 goals.

Back