Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2: Pro Team due 28/05, will it launch? ... Nope!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is the 60m goal trophy bugged? Can’t get it for the life of me. Lowered the difficulty so I could spend entire games pinging it from 60 but my key fwds constantly cherry-pick

I’d assume everything in this steaming pile of a game is bugged until proven otherwise.

I’d assume everything in this steaming pile of a game is bugged until proven otherwise.

Even the press start/press a to start title screen gets buggy for me (commonly when I'd boot up the game the first time straight after an update avast craps itself thinking the exe is a virus. The game just freezes).

Even the press start/press a to start title screen gets buggy for me (commonly when I'd boot up the game the first time straight after an update avast craps itself thinking the exe is a virus. The game just freezes).

To be fair you deserve that if you use avast.

you don't need to run antivirus software to play a video game mate. I mean you don't need it at all but that's another discussion

Coz there were a bunch people on the socials complaining about marking, I put together a video explaining how I understand marking contests work in the game.
Happy to hear feedback and get people's thoughts on it.

Nice video man and hopefully Big Ant put you on their books asap for doing their job for them 🤣😉

Nice video man and hopefully Big Ant put you on their books asap for doing their job for them 🤣😉
Haha… well, I figured this stuff out pretty easily… but I suppose others may not have… or didn’t even think to look at the ‘Guide’ section.
To me, that’s as good as any Tutorial mode… but happy to add to it.

There are so many instances of the game speeding up for both human and AI now, it's so puzzling to have it normal-ish speed, then it speeds up mid animation, then slows down. It's like someone has a hold of a remote control and constantly hitting fast forward or something.

Also the more I play, the more I see some other AI quirks - one being that if they're in the back line.... they have a tendancy to chip to each other or switch from one end to the other (full back/back pockets)... It's like I'm watching the Brisbane Lions or early 2000's AFL era in video game form!!

Took the risk and played a 20 minute quarter length match, good news is no crash to desktop :p

AxrzZtl.png

The match itself was pretty good, started off high scoring.... then it went a bit on the slow side in the second and third quarter. The game came alive in the final term, Brisbane shot away to a 36 point lead and looked invincible - anything Hawthorn tried.... Brisbane stopped. That was when I changed tactics and elected to create more running plays - lots of handballs, leading to breaking the game open.

Eventually whittled away Brisbane's advantage... funny thing while the game was a bit of a slow burn... I still managed to kick 4 goals inside the last 60 seconds.

OuNroGx.png

Final quarter heroics - needed 10 goals within 3:30 (in a 15 minute real time quarters match).
Managed to do it - the key being not wasting time with set shots, most goals were on the run.
Result was going to be a 2 point win, but I got lucky and had a shot for goal (pushed in the back with seconds left). End result an 8 point win.

Also - glitch of the century LOLOL

There are so many instances of the game speeding up for both human and AI now, it's so puzzling to have it normal-ish speed, then it speeds up mid animation, then slows down. It's like someone has a hold of a remote control and constantly hitting fast forward or something.

Also the more I play, the more I see some other AI quirks - one being that if they're in the back line.... they have a tendancy to chip to each other or switch from one end to the other (full back/back pockets)... It's like I'm watching the Brisbane Lions or early 2000's AFL era in video game form!!

Took the risk and played a 20 minute quarter length match, good news is no crash to desktop :p

AxrzZtl.png

The match itself was pretty good, started off high scoring.... then it went a bit on the slow side in the second and third quarter. The game came alive in the final term, Brisbane shot away to a 36 point lead and looked invincible - anything Hawthorn tried.... Brisbane stopped. That was when I changed tactics and elected to create more running plays - lots of handballs, leading to breaking the game open.

Eventually whittled away Brisbane's advantage... funny thing while the game was a bit of a slow burn... I still managed to kick 4 goals inside the last 60 seconds.
OuNroGx.png

Final quarter heroics - needed 10 goals within 3:30 (in a 15 minute real time quarters match).
Managed to do it - the key being not wasting time with set shots, most goals were on the run.
Result was going to be a 2 point win, but I got lucky and had a shot for goal (pushed in the back with seconds left). End result an 8 point win.

Also - glitch of the century LOLOL

On one hand, I think it’s wonderful how much fun you having on this game given the circumstances :thumbsupv1:

On the other hand, why do you have such a pet peeve over my Lions 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On one hand, I think it’s wonderful how much fun you having on this game given the circumstances :thumbsupv1:

On the other hand, why do you have such a pet peeve over my Lions 😂

I've actually been playing it more over the last 2 weeks than I have in the last little while - no real motivation (I've played a bit of Evolution 2 recently as well). As for the Lions, no real reason other than the Lions being Hawthorn's next match. I'm going to be playing as other teams in due course as well. Might start a season as the Eagles, and run rampant as Harley 'boom boom' Reid :p

Last edited:
The AFL are probably terrified to advertise it after the initial launch. Surely though there’d be something in the next few days - can’t just be a silent drop if they actually expect it to succeed/make them some coin

Two different games - sadly only the one scorecard and look not a Hawthorn team in sight :p

f0sZzm7.png

Fremantle easily accounted for Collingwood (uh oh for Friday night ?)

And St Kilda walloped Melbourne (34 - 1 in the first quarter) and it was looking like a thrashing but Melbourne launched a final quarter comeback. Still losing by 26 points.

The AFL are probably terrified to advertise it after the initial launch. Surely though there’d be something in the next few days - can’t just be a silent drop if they actually expect it to succeed/make them some coin
I don’t even think they expect it to succeed. Probably more for the image now. Imagine having a launch trailer centred around ProTeam and never releasing it.
Not sure of the legality around it either but I’d imagine there’d be something around that too

Interesting. Game has a 1 hour trial now on deluxe and is on sale for the first time ever. Getting ready for next week? IMG_5370.jpeg

Last edited:
I don’t even think they expect it to succeed. Probably more for the image now. Imagine having a launch trailer centred around ProTeam and never releasing it.
Not sure of the legality around it either but I’d imagine there’d be something around that too
True that - you also know the facebook warriors will be all over the announcement saying "it's 2024 why are you marketing AFL23". Mode will probably drop with minimal fanfare and be used as a base to launch the next version of AFL next year or the year after

Interesting. Game has a 1 hour trial now on deluxe and is on sale for the first time ever. Getting ready for next week? View attachment 1997474
Wonder what has changed since this quote. 🤣

"We follow the same pricing policy as Nintendo, we're not renowned for dropping the price of our games - doubly so when the game is essentially sold out."

Wonder what has changed since this quote. 🤣

"We follow the same pricing policy as Nintendo, we're not renowned for dropping the price of our games - doubly so when the game is essentially sold out."

I knew that the CEO of this company has said some wild stuff since the games launch but that quote is just arrogant. Not to mention it couldn’t possibly be true. 😂

Remove this Banner Ad

Back