Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2: Pro Team due 28/05, will it launch? ... Nope!

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What’s the update with Pro Team. We are less than 5 days out and we have heard absolutely nothing. No teasers nothing????
Your guess is as good as ours ... So far I've noticed they HAVE stuck with the dates for the 'Roadmap' so hopefully it will release on time, and maybe some news this weekend.. but wouldn't hold my breath :)

Your guess is as good as ours ... So far I've noticed they HAVE stuck with the dates for the 'Roadmap' so hopefully it will release on time, and maybe some news this weekend.. but wouldn't hold my breath :)
You would think so would ya. The main reason people brought the game in first place was due to the Pro Team. They would have to give us something this weekend. I can tell you right now there is a fair few people out there keen as mustard. Tuesday the 28th ill be grinding…

You’d think for the big cash grab mode coming that there’d be sufficient promotion less than a week out but knowing this mob, it’ll probably end up being delayed.

You would think so would ya. The main reason people brought the game in first place was due to the Pro Team. They would have to give us something this weekend. I can tell you right now there is a fair few people out there keen as mustard. Tuesday the 28th ill be grinding…

Despite the game breaking bugs it still enables me to thrash Essendon/Sydney/Geelong by 1000+ points and for that the game has a place in my heart :p

Wonder what has changed since this quote. 🤣

"We follow the same pricing policy as Nintendo, we're not renowned for dropping the price of our games - doubly so when the game is essentially sold out."

Their pricing is backwards, ** scratch my rant it does vary by system. But their catalogue is all kinds of different prices. Would have thought Cricket 22 would be cheaper than $99.95 by now (it is depending on system and region).

If Pro Team adds a bunch of micro transactions I would implore everyone to boycott them! They are a blight on sports games in general and Big Ant especially don't deserve any extra money for the tripe they've dished out for the past 15 months.

So how effective are the sliders? I remember that playing around with the sliders made Evolution 2 a significantly better flowing game.

Last edited:
KRgYyOB.png

Swannies killed the Dogs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Pro Team adds a bunch of micro transactions I would implore everyone to boycott them! They are a blight on sports games in general and Big Ant especially don't deserve any extra money for the tripe they've dished out for the past 15 months.
Fair call. Pretty disappointing none the less. But surely youd think we would get teasers over the next couple days. Where we at BigAntStudios

So how effective are the sliders? I remember that playing around with the sliders made Evolution 2 a significantly better flowing game.
It doesn't solve the fundamental issues. I tried slowing the game down to make players run with weight but for some reason it makes the CPU stop pressuring you. I was trying to fix that by putting "tactical awareness" up to 100, but that didn't work either. It becomes like those May 2023 glitches where you could run the field without getting tackled. Also, even the power kick meter doesn't kick far when you set it to 100 speed, unless you hold it long. I don't think the developers really tested it.

I think they've now got the game to a good spot overall because of Sliders. But it has taken time to get there no doubt and i've been disappointed in the game testing side of the game, it was a snails pace and seemed to struggle on improving the gameplay.

In terms of Pro-Team, best to wait and see. You can see why they could introduce micro-transactions, if they need the sales.

still think, who else is going to do AFL aside from Big Ant?? EA/2K?? Ubisoft?? Doubt it.

i think being patient is actually important here, as odd as that seems, it's just the state of gaming in general right now, aside from the launch issues, having some patience for updates and a potential sequel is pretty important by AFL fans.

I think one thing that has been lost-in-translation is that Big Ant need the support and patience of AFL fans, for reasons they have mentioned. So despite the setbacks in 2023....

• It's a sport in a few states of one country with a small population. The fact a game is on current-gen is very cool.
  • Do they make any profit at all from the game or are they dipping into the bucket to keep it alive.
  • They have the license and are at the top of sports games development in the southern hemisphere.
  • They have a experience with AFL Live
  • They have helped with training software simulation at AFL clubs.
  • They have a relationship with AFL people.
  • Based in Melbourne
  • If they didn't attempt it, who else would??(there may well have been nothing instead).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back