AFL.com.au is a disgrace

Remove this Banner Ad

This live chat way of announcing the teams every Thursday evening is a ******* joke :thumbsdown:

What was possibly wrong with the way they have always done it? Posting an article with full team listings was much easier than some w***er hosting a Q&A session.

This live chat way of announcing the teams every Thursday evening is a ******* joke :thumbsdown:

What was possibly wrong with the way they have always done it? Posting an article with full team listings was much easier than some Moo hosting a Q&A session.

Totally agree.
You go to the http://www.afl.com.au/news/teams and the message at this point of time is "Teams have not yet been announced for this match".

Last week the teams were up fairly promptly.
First 2 rounds it was well after 8 before they were posted.

I refuse to go into the live chat.
First week there were questions such as "Can Nahas win the Coleman" and "Is Blivacs is a good d/t pick up?"

* off I don't care. I just want the teams.

4kh547.png

is this website for real

(Log in to remove this ad.)

started to watch the smart replay..
halfway through the first qtr
comes up with sorry you are outside of australia and are unable to watch it.
so stupid..

I have been getting this message for nearly a week. I believe there has been some major technical outage with Telstra Bigpond this last week or so and this is part of the fallout from it (they told me this when I rang them about another issue with my internet access which still hasn't been fixed :mad: ). Definitely not good enough :thumbsdown:

I have been getting this message for nearly a week. I believe there has been some major technical outage with Telstra Bigpond this last week or so and this is part of the fallout from it (they told me this when I rang them about another issue with my internet access which still hasn't been fixed :mad: ). Definitely not good enough :thumbsdown:
yeah i used to watch bigpond video but they have now changed the layout and you cant go back past the previous day.
the smart replay is terrible (not even full screen)

yeah i used to watch bigpond video but they have now changed the layout and you cant go back past the previous day.
the smart replay is terrible (not even full screen)

It also annoys me that you can't just move backwards and forwards a little bit, just to replay a short passage of play for example, other than moving to specific points like goals or freekicks. Still for a cheapskate like me that doesn't want to get Foxtel I was enjoying using it to catch up with the non free to air matches and because it is unmetred (I assume only for Bigpond customers though).

Currently watching the NFL draft unfold on NFL.com

The AFL web site is bush league compared with that web site. NFL.com is handling the draft beautifully. In comparison, afl.com.au is designed by some 15-year-old spotty kid running Microsoft FrontPage on his Dad's desktop.

I know some pretty smart 15-year olds. Don't think the AFL has spoken to any of them.......................

Seriously, how many times do we bring up this thread? It's no longer a joke. Have any of the Football columnists got into the AFL for it?

This weekend just past, I thought there was a noticeable improvement in how quickly the match centre was updated and gave the correct score.

I can't access any of the games again because I'm apparently outside Australia again.

The Freo/Rich game even starts for a few seconds before the message comes up with the game still playing behind it.

So then I went to bigpond sport and the website wouldn't load anything except a blank page.

Telstra is f**king useless - how can an internet provider be so bad at the internet? It defies belief.

The AFL live app had the following commentary and have been forced to apologise to Port Adelaide

"Eagles should have the stronger bodies to prevail in a tight one, but try telling that to the full house of ferals."

Remove this Banner Ad

Back