AFL Evolution 2 PC Modding thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Downloading the game now. I've seen some YouTube footage and even on PC it looks like it has blurred graphics. No sharpness or anything and 1440p seems to look like 720 upscaled. I'm hoping the youtubers I watched just had potato PCs

Hey guys, I picked this up....really enjoying it.
Is there an ini or config file adjustment to change the venues in a 17 round offline season? I want MOAR fianls games at the MCG and less at Metricon etc! Hahaha!

Cheers.

Last edited:

Pt2: I found the file that has the fixtures using Fmodel to view and extract the file.
It's in Data Tables/Fixtures and the file seems to be DTAFL17 Fixture.uasset
extracting gives two files
UASSET File
and
UEXP file.
That's as far as I can go, looks like it's just a matter of text editing some values to get the fixtures you prefer for each round (especially finals!).
But I've no idea how to open edit, and re-insert these files. Will search around and if I stumble on the answer I'll post here. But of course in the meantime, if anyone knows the answer...please share! Hahaha.

Gah....quick search shows it's more trouble than it's worth. (Download x, y and z etc).

LOL.
*Edit to add : I didn't realize my season was set to 2020, the regular season looks much more like I was hoping for. Hahaha...oh well...at least we know where the Fixture file is...and Doh!

Last edited:
Hi all, i hope this is fine to post in here, if nit feel free to move.

Im a UK fan thinking of getting AFL Evolution 2 but im holding off mainly due to the high price.. over here its 40 quid, higher than most newly released titles.

Anyway id like to ask a few questions to try find out a bit more and if its a game worth the money.

1, is there a 3rd version of the game due this year? If so i might as well hold off.

2, How accessible is the game for a casual fan?

3, Coach career mode is what im most interested in, how deep is that? Do the AI compete to make strong teams? Do they develop and can teams improve or is it all just really my team and the AI just co exists?

4, How realistic are the stats in game and in simmed AI games?

5, How fun is the gameplay? Do you get the sense of you are actually making a difference?

6, What has and can be modded in the game? Ill be playing on PC so would love mods.

7, is there a good replay system, ie manual or is it all contolled by in game events? Also is there a highlight reel at the end of the game?

8, is this the main forum for mods and AFL Evo chat?

Im sure there is more id love to know, but would appreciate any help on offer to sway me into getting the game.

Cheers

Last edited:
Just finished the tutorial vid, will write up a text guide and post it here sometime...
Make sure you watch it at 1080p so you can actually read the text.

edit - Also attaching the u4pak files needed

TLDW version:

download Fmodel from https://github.com/iAmAsval/FModel
grab u4pak file from the file attachment in this post, it's a .zip file you'll need to extract the 2 files inside
download Unreal Engine from https://www.unrealengine.com/en-US/ and install v4.22.3
open up Fmodel and select afl evo2 .pak file
find the jumper textures you want to change and right-click save-image for each one
when you're done close Fmodel and open up the Fmodel/output/icons folder for your image files
edit your image files in photoshop, paint.net, gimp etc. and save
open up unreal engine and start a new blank project with no starter content
delete all the world content so it's completely blank then drag your edited texture files into ue4
save the textures images and select them all then Cook Content for Windows
once it completes the Cooking process right click on one of your textures and click Show in Explorer
click on your project name folder in the location bar in explorer and then Saved-Cooked-WindowsNoEditor-Import-Content
open up a new copy of explorer and create a new folder somewhere and then copy the 2 u4pak files from the .zip you grabbed earlier into it
in your new folder you now need to create a directory structure that is the same as where you saved the files in from Fmodel,
so open Fmodel and navigate to the folder where you took the textures from and replicate the folder structure
ie. in the new folder you created you need to add /afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/player/textures/clothes/afl_melb
copy all the Cooked files from ue4 into the new folder you just created then go back to the root of that folder
run u4pak.cmd and it should flash up a command prompt for a second and then build the new .pak file
go into your steam folder and find afl evo2, usually something like Steam/steamapps/common/afl evolution 2/afl/content/paks
copy the new .pak file you just created into the folder with the existing afl evo 2 .pak file
job done, go play the game

If you're still confused go watch the video again :)

What if when I get to the step where you select a jumper it says "failed" and wont let me open the file

I think the latest version of Fmodel may have changed since I uploaded this video.
In Fmodel go to the Settings menu, click on UE4 Versions and select game_ue4_22 and hit OK, I think this should fix it for you
Screenshot (145)_LI.jpg

anyone know anyway i can make afl evo 2 more like afl live?
Play AFL LIve? Doesn't look like any of the A.I. stuff is able to be modified, so I don't think so. You could maybe play around with the sliders, that may help depending on what you want to change.

anyone know anyway i can make afl evo 2 more like afl live?

Agree with netslave, sliders are your best bet. If you've already tried this and want something better then then you might be out of luck if you're after a pain free option.

If for whatever reason you've not had a really good crack, try these settings for player & AI:

Holding the ball = 10
Tackle distance = 30
Mark fumbles = 70
Spoiling = 70

I guarantee the game will be much more free flowing. I wouldn't play it any other way.

If playing on Legend, suggest reducing off the ball tolerance to 30. This allows you to have a tough game without the cheap blocking tactics.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Play AFL LIve? Doesn't look like any of the A.I. stuff is able to be modified, so I don't think so. You could maybe play around with the sliders, that may help depending on what you want to change.
do you know how to change the colour of Guernsey numbers and change the ads on ad boards

Last edited:
do you know how to change the colour of Guernsey numbers and change the ads on ad boards

In FModel you can find the ad boards at:
afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/world/texture/ads/groundname

I assume the numbers are at:
afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/player/texture/number
but I think if you change the colour it may change the colour for all teams who use that number style, not sure.

In FModel you can find the ad boards at:
afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/world/texture/ads/groundname

I assume the numbers are at:
afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/player/texture/number
but I think if you change the colour it may change the colour for all teams who use that number style, not sure.
ive got another question, is there any way to add jumpers to a team so i can add a third or a fourth jumper to sanfl teams

Not that I've found, it's not just a case of changing a number somewhere and copying a new jumper texture in.
You need some gave dev experience in Unreal Engine.
If you know how to edit DataTable files and create Struct files in Unreal Engine you may be able to.

From my notes:
DTTeamInfo - contains LeagueType (12 for afl 2021 I think) for Team and Jumper number (0-~461)
DTFootballerClothesTexture - contains texture names for Jumper numbers
In theory you should be able to add new jumper numbers for teams in DTTeamInfo and specify the actual jumper textures in DTFootballerClothesTexture if you can figure out the structs. Start new jumper numbers at 500 so it's easier to recognize them imho. Every team in that league will need to have the same number of jumpers and textures assigned.

Is there a way to make it so that in coach career, I can do side select to play as the other team for a little bit?

Anyone found the files for the chants? would love to put some proper PAFC chants into the game i've captured some audio i want to use.

NVM found them gonna try some things

geez the power chant they used heard with nothing else is creepy
Should be able to, look in afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/ui/logos/
You may have to make multiple versions of logo for the different sizes.
Need a bit of help with this, I thought chants were in the game but I've played for like a year and never heard them, do they have to be modded?

Chants are def in the game, theyre just pretty quiet.
If you're using FModel they are at:
afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/Audio/chants/team_name
Do you have all the different volume settings turned up?

Chants are def in the game, theyre just pretty quiet.
If you're using FModel they are at:
afl/Content/Afl/cmn_con/Audio/chants/team_name
Do you have all the different volume settings turned up?
I just had a game, 5 minute quarters.
2 quarters Collingwood domination 2 quarters Carlton but still no chants?
Everything was down other than crowd and sfx

I just had a game, 5 minute quarters.
2 quarters Collingwood domination 2 quarters Carlton but still no chants?
Everything was down other than crowd and sfx
Just played a game then, I didn't hear them either. I know they're in the game and have heard them before though, weird.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back