AFL Evolution 2 PC Modding thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Got the game, now how can I access the files?
Fmodel, pretty sure the github link is on page one
Use that version that's what netslave uses in the video, and it really doesn't matter what you use anyways.
It's all pretty simple once you figure out how to navigate it, most of the stuff is in 1653051062346.png
other than some cutscenes.

Follow the tutorial for "cooking" the files.
I can send the folder in Pm's to save you some time

t_clash_d.png

Fixed Geelong's predominantly blue clash guersney so the shorts are blue instead of white, + updated logos. Also fixed sock colours for all of Geelong's kits (Home now has predominantly blue socks, away has white, and clash has blue. WW somehow got them ALL the wrong way around :tearsofjoy:).

Pak file attached.

Attachments

• GeelongClash2022_P.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 107
Just an update on trying to get number colours working. When I changed Geelong's sock colours, all I needed to do was copy their home socks texture onto their away kit, and vice-versa. So I simply exported the raw uasset file for Geelong's home socks (t_home_sleeves.uasset), rename it to t_away_sleeves.uasset, and repack it.

But I found that that broke the texture in game, and Geelong had Adelaide's socks (which must be what the game defaults to). So I instead exported the files for the socks as png's, renamed them, and converted them to uasset files with the UE editor (the same process used for modifying guernsey textures), and that worked fine.

So by the looks of it, exporting raw uasset files from the game and repacking them doesn't work, which would explain why editing the number colour DataTable file wasn't working, as I also exported that as a uasset file.
The problem is, you can only export DataTable files to .uasset or .json with Fmodel, and simply dropping the json file into the UE editor doesn't work.
I imagine I'll need to recreate the DataTable file in the UE editor, to get any changes to work in game. Which I don't know how to do.

I'll try and figure out how to do it myself, but if anyone here has Unreal Engine experience and might be able to help, please let me know :).

Last edited:
The problem is, you can only export DataTable files to .uasset or .json with Fmodel, and simply dropping the json file into the UE editor doesn't work.
I imagine I'll need to recreate the DataTable file in the UE editor, to get any changes to work in game. Which I don't know how to do.

I'll try and figure out how to do it myself, but if anyone here has Unreal Engine experience and might be able to help, please let me know :).
This was the same point I got stuck at and lost interest. With the new BigAnt game coming out next year I'll probably dive into that though.

As I said before I successfully modded Brisbane to be fitzroy and there's 3 things left.
3D Logo: Unsure how to work blender so cbf.
Pom Poms: Still trying to find a way to mod it as in FModel Pom Poms are not separated into individual teams.
Name: The team name I assume is deeply embedded in FModel and I can't find it.

If anyone can help with this lmk.

Has anyone got a Boot Pak mod?

Also can someone help me update Dusty’s hair cut… he definitely doesn’t have that 2016 hair cut these days haha.

I know how to mod boots? What do you need to be changed?
Hey mate that would be awesome, I'm just looking to try and add a nike boot, addias boot and a puma boot in the game.

Is it possible to just make an all in one boot pak?

Hey mate that would be awesome, I'm just looking to try and add a nike boot, addias boot and a puma boot in the game.

Is it possible to just make an all in one boot pak?
Hmm yeah but I'd have to work on it, I don't wanna serve up a shitty pak.
Or I can just send you the files and you edit them, I conver it to pak

ALSO, found that dusty hair you've been looking for, but to be completely honest you're on your own for that one, I have no clue.
1657536466433.png

As for the shoe one, I'll need to experiment as this is confusing me, I get that the fluro ones are like the shadows and s**t but unsure of which one to edit to get nike shoes, it'll be trial and error.
Either that or the fluro ones are the base shoe that you can then change the colours on? (When in character creation)

1657536681852.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hmm yeah but I'd have to work on it, I don't wanna serve up a shitty pak.
Or I can just send you the files and you edit them, I conver it to pak

ALSO, found that dusty hair you've been looking for, but to be completely honest you're on your own for that one, I have no clue.
View attachment 1444662

As for the shoe one, I'll need to experiment as this is confusing me, I get that the fluro ones are like the shadows and s**t but unsure of which one to edit to get nike shoes, it'll be trial and error.
Either that or the fluro ones are the base shoe that you can then change the colours on? (When in character creation)

View attachment 1444669

Hmmm yeah I found the hair as well but don’t have a clue on how to change it. I guess we could leave that one.

Don’t really mind if it’s not the best quality I just wouldn’t mind adding some more realism to the game with some decent boots.
I’m happy either way, if you could send through the files I don’t mind either!

I had a look at the hair a while back. There is a texture and also a 3d hair model that needs to be changed. The hair texture is not a problem but I could never get the 3d hair model change to work.

Hmmm yeah I found the hair as well but don’t have a clue on how to change it. I guess we could leave that one.

Don’t really mind if it’s not the best quality I just wouldn’t mind adding some more realism to the game with some decent boots.
I’m happy either way, if you could send through the files I don’t mind either!
Sweet I'll get em to you tonight.

netslave you'd know better than I would, what's the difference in the pink and coloured uassets

Sweet I'll get em to you tonight.

netslave you'd know better than I would, what's the difference in the pink and coloured uassets
The purple/pink texture you linked is the normal or bump map texture, I believe you'd need to edit the other texture (the _d texture) to make the nike boots.

Last edited:
Been flat out sorry mate, will try get it done tomorrow.

To help us, what did you try and what did/didn't work and what changed/ didn't change
No worries at all mate! No rush.

I attempted to extract the files, photo shop some Nike and adidas logos on and then create a pak file. Launched the game and nothings changed 😅.

Tried to create similar boots like in the photo I’ve attached.
Not sure how he’s made proper adidas and puma boots! I’ve tried to get in contact with him but no reply…

a
Been flat out sorry mate, will try get it done tomorrow.

To help us, what did you try and what did/didn't work and what changed/ didn't change

Attachments

• 0E36D429-D5AD-41DD-8EA5-EA1DB0CB87D2.jpeg
    0E36D429-D5AD-41DD-8EA5-EA1DB0CB87D2.jpeg
    708.7 KB · Views: 118

I attempted to extract the files, photo shop some Nike and adidas logos on and then create a pak file. Launched the game and nothings changed 😅.

Not sure how he’s made proper adidas and puma boots! I’ve tried to get in contact with him but no reply…
Can you send me your edited boot textures? I'll give it a go for you.

Hmm, he might've edited the RGB boots that I sent, but remember I believe all the red green and blue boots that I sent are just designs, so you'd need to check in the player creator.

Idk how he's managed to get it on real players either...

How did you guys get on with the boots?
Here's my horribly hacked together and misaligned Nike attempt. I changed t_shoe_00_d.png and added the swoosh and then pak'd it up and this was the result. t_shoe_00_d appears as boot style 1 in the player creator and if the boot is all black, the swoosh is close to impossible to see, the colour needs to be changed to see it properly.
boot_mod.jpg

Last edited:
shot in the dark, but could we try making the image I've attached into t_shoe_00_d.png and seeing if the game makes the boot itself?

Attachments

• big.jpg
    big.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 48

Remove this Banner Ad

Back