AFL Evolution - Launch thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys!
It has been a while I know, we have just been busy with patches and the PC Version of AFL Evolution.
However I am happy to post here first, that we are pushing the button on Steam to make it live as I type this! :)
A few extras are in the PC version already, ahead of the second console patch, so we hope you enjoy and as always look forward to your feedback!

Thanks,
Daniel

Any dates yet for Patch 2B on Consoles?

Hello potential steam buyers,

Keep your timer open to make sure you don't play 2 hours before making your, erm, decision.

Regards.

Please post any updates you are seeing on the Steam version compared to the console version. Keen to find out what the 'few extras' are. Hopefully Round by Round Brownlow and stat leaders are included!

Please post any updates you are seeing on the Steam version compared to the console version. Keen to find out what the 'few extras' are. Hopefully Round by Round Brownlow and stat leaders are included!

Will play around with it tonight, especially if Adelaide v Geelong ends up being a one sided contest (well if Adelaide thump them I'll be on the edge of my seat :D).

You have to play on a higher difficulty for a challenge, but when you do the AI is so cheap that it just saps all fun. You can grind out wins but it never feels like a fair contest

Nailed it. A guy on FB said the same thing - easy is fun but it's too easy, whereas medium is the right challenge but it's just not enjoyable.

The dynamic where you tackle the opposition and the ball magically shoots 30 meters through the air to a team mate in the clear is the most ludicrous and frustrating thing I've seen in an AFL game. And then the next moment you are pinged for throwing the ball, despite seeing the tackle coming and madly pressing handball. What a diabolical combo.

What's frustrating is that easy mode shows you there is a good game here somewhere - if it wasn't so easy to run away from the opposition, and the AI was a bit cleaner with hand and foot, that would make for a great medium difficulty setting. But unfortunately as the difficulty increases so too does the BS cheap tricks. Despite my overall enthusiasm for Evo, if this isn't resolved in 2B then the game is going to end up in the 'so close yet so far' pile and die a quick death.

Last edited:
Purchased it for PC as well. Due to a sub-par ADSL1 connection it probably won't be downloaded and installed until tomorrow sometime, so I'll be on there tomorrow night or on Sunday. If anyone wants a game sometime, my Steam ID is the same as my Bigfooty one, so feel free to add me over there.

Did the console versions have sliders?

Nice you got it to load, a friend has been moaning to me via messenger for the last hour he can't get it to run. Clicks to run it and it just hangs at the desktop. I'm concerned as we both have identical pc's.

*Update* It crashes to the desktop for me :(, first game to do it on this pc lol. Don't know what to try next after a graphics driver update. Maybe an operating system upgrade is in order. If I can't get it going this weekend I'll have to opt for a refund sadly :(.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did the console versions have sliders?

If the sliders work effectively then having sliders to increase the kick charge speed and decrease the throwing the ball will improve the playability of the game drastically. Before you weren't able to draw a player without throwing the ball and you weren't able to do a quick kick in congestion or quick shot at goal. Fingers crossed that now you can!

a
play seems way nore open and smooth but honestly I played about 3 games on the console version so perhaps I shouldn't judge
Are there league leaders for the stats in competition mode? or is it still just by team only?

Hi all,
We have been made aware of an issue that crept into the PC build at the last minute, due to an audio improvement that was made.
This issue will cause the game not to run on some Windows 7 machines. We have fixed the issue today and will push an update to Steam shortly!
Thank you for the feedback,
Daniel.

Legend! Downloading (fresh install) now, cannot wait to play!

Very glad to see support for the game on here - the number one AFL forum in Aus. Hopefully you can take on and implement some of the ideas for improvement that are thrown up!

Cheers again, pumped!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back