Roast AFL has taken the Level 2 wing bays from the Marvel Stadium clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

Not necessarily; as I said it looks like NMFC are the first of the Marvel teams to release their 2024 membership packages.

Because Essendon haven't done that yet (their website still lists 2023 packages when you go to it, and the SEO lists 2022 haha), it's entirely plausible that the regular joe membership workers at Essendon haven't been briefed on 2024 changes yet.
Hey Chadwiko if you haven't gotten new seating arangements yet you might want to send this to the club..It looks like the Blues get to keep their seats in aisles 35-39.
cfcseatingmap2024-png.1797834

l have just sent this to the club for a response....

"You mentioned to me that all other Marvel home club would also be affected yet Carlton has just released their membership packages and their reserved seating has remained unchanged, l would like to know why the club is saying this when it appears that it is only our club at the moment. l have attacted a copy of the stadium layout for your viewing"..

cfcseatingmap2024-png.1797834

More likely the AFL lied to North. But it is always likely in these things that Essendon and Carlton wouldn't be impacted.
Very true.

Maybe we will be impacted but at the moment it appears we won't.

I will share the full text of the email ingot below, but want to clarify that I then received a phone call from someone at the NMFC who confirmed this was impacting all Marvel Stadium teams.

Dear Chad,

As the 2023 season comes to an end, we are currently in the process of reviewing our membership program in preparation for 2024. In exciting news, the AFL’s upgrades to Marvel Stadium will be complete prior to Round 1 next year, creating new viewing, dining and matchday experiences for those seated on Level 2.

Premiership Club members in 2024 will have access to not only the Quill Room (the function room used this year), but also to the fully refurbished Parker Room, which will provide a fantastic view of the ground and a second bar for you to order food and beverages. This room will also be used to hold our matchday function, where you’ll hear from club greats and current players and enjoy a range of other matchday entertainment.

As a further result of the redevelopment works, the existing Premiership Club reserved seats in Bays 35 to 39 have been reclassified and are no longer accessible to Premiership Club members.

Whilst I understand this may be disappointing, as your account manager I’m committed to finding the best seating option for you in 2024. I will be in touch with you in the coming weeks to find a personalised solution to ensure that you/your group have the best possible experience during the upcoming season, as well as discuss the exciting new matchday experience planned for 2024

Thanks for sharing that, Chadwiko.

What a load of PR rubbish from the club.

People don't buy reserved seat memberships so they can order drinks from a 'second bar'.

They buy them for the reserved seats.

That's why I used to buy my Schimma Platinum membership back when I lived in Melbourne.

The members are getting shafted here, bigtime.

And that email is written in a way to try to pretend otherwise, treating members like idiots.

Not just any members, but some of the most passionate and biggest spenders the club has.

I remember Roosistence '07 well, some awesome memories, but I see the way the club is run now and I think, would the members bother trying to save this club if Gil's replacement turned out to be Demetriou 2.0?

Between this and some of the other nonsense going on, plus the the woeful onfield performances, I don't know any more.

It's sad, man.

Last edited:
Yano. I MIGHT be able to understand this decision..................IF THE MEDALLION CLUB WAS FULL EVERY WEEK

But considering it's lucky to sell out once a decade. It's a sheer stupid decision.

You've taken away the best seats not only in the stadium, but the state (and arguably the country - I dont know what Perth Stadium is like, but from the other stadiums I've been to, the only comparable seats are the front of the top tier of Adelaide Oval - Facilities are better at Marvel though so I'd give that the edge)

You're screwing over the clubs, for your own gain. But. How is it even a gain? Why would fans sign up for this and not medallion club or whatever? It makes zero sense.

They don’t care if Medallion Club is full or empty. Full Medallion Club membership is about $7k per year. The member gets drive up parking and their seats at every event, guaranteed… the stadium and AFL doesn’t care if they rock up or not, the money is already in the bank.

Is it an expansion of Medallion Club? Or something new?
It's the other side of the ground, which is called Centre Wing membership (formerly access one) I think. The area is used as reciprocal seating for MCC members. Maybe AFL members go there too?

With the timing of more MCC seating being given to club members at the MCG, I'd hazard a guess that this has been the trade off.

So, potentially a situation where the Marvel minnows are copping it for the benefit of their MCG big brothers?

I will share the full text of the email ingot below, but want to clarify that I then received a phone call from someone at the NMFC who confirmed this was impacting all Marvel Stadium teams.

Dear Chad,

As the 2023 season comes to an end, we are currently in the process of reviewing our membership program in preparation for 2024. In exciting news, the AFL’s upgrades to Marvel Stadium will be complete prior to Round 1 next year, creating new viewing, dining and matchday experiences for those seated on Level 2.

Premiership Club members in 2024 will have access to not only the Quill Room (the function room used this year), but also to the fully refurbished Parker Room, which will provide a fantastic view of the ground and a second bar for you to order food and beverages. This room will also be used to hold our matchday function, where you’ll hear from club greats and current players and enjoy a range of other matchday entertainment.

As a further result of the redevelopment works, the existing Premiership Club reserved seats in Bays 35 to 39 have been reclassified and are no longer accessible to Premiership Club members.

Whilst I understand this may be disappointing, as your account manager I’m committed to finding the best seating option for you in 2024. I will be in touch with you in the coming weeks to find a personalised solution to ensure that you/your group have the best possible experience during the upcoming season, as well as discuss the exciting new matchday experience planned for 2024
That sounds more like North are shunting the Premiership Club members to a different area so they can sell higher membership packages to those level 2 wing seats? Possibly coterie members or corporate sponsors?

It's the other side of the ground, which is called Centre Wing membership (formerly access one) I think. The area is used as reciprocal seating for MCC members. Maybe AFL members go there too?

With the timing of more MCC seating being given to club members at the MCG, I'd hazard a guess that this has been the trade off.

So, potentially a situation where the Marvel minnows are copping it for the benefit of their MCG big brothers?
I thought it might be for AFL members as we only have reserved seating on level 1 of Docklands and no access to level 2 seats unless we pay a ridiculous fee, something AFL members have queried considering the AFL now owns the stadium. However it would be on the opposite side of the ground to the AFL members area on level 1 which sits behind the interchange - no reason they couldn't do it I guess but would be strange.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That sounds more like North are shunting the Premiership Club members to a different area so they can sell higher membership packages to those level 2 wing seats? Possibly coterie members or corporate sponsors?

The NMFC membership map lists all available membership tiers/packages. You can see it in the OP.

The level 2 wing bays are completely N/A.

The NMFC membership map lists all available membership tiers/packages. You can see it in the OP.

The level 2 wing bays are completely N/A.
Yes true, forgot that. Does it include coterie memberships too? Perhaps the club will use them for corporate/dining packages, presidents lunch seats etc? Will be interesting to compare to Saints/Dogs packages then, perhaps the smaller clubs get shafted again while it doesn't impact Blues/Bombers. I'm interested to see what they will be doing with those seats if not club members.

That's what the 'Arden Lounge' section is.
The Bulldogs renewals start coming out in October, so it will be interesting to see how it all transpires. I have level one seating, so hopefully won't be impacted, but I would be ropeable if I was on level 2, the clubs can spin it any way they like, but they and the AFL are effectively sh*tting in their own nests.

Yes true, forgot that. Does it include coterie memberships too? Perhaps the club will use them for corporate/dining packages, presidents lunch seats etc? Will be interesting to compare to Saints/Dogs packages then, perhaps the smaller clubs get shafted again while it doesn't impact Blues/Bombers. I'm interested to see what they will be doing with those seats if not club members.
Reading through the thread, my money is on those bays becoming an AFL members reserve for NM and presumably WB and St Kilda matches, sweetening the deal for AFL members. Of course having it as an AFL members reserve only for some matches (not for Essendon and Carlton home games) is a little ad hoc, but hey, this is the AFL.

Either that or North Melbourne have decided that the re-developed area presents a revenue opportunity that exceeds whatever they're currently getting from the members currently holding those seats. In this case, I could actually sympathise with the decisions, though they'd be better off being more forthright about it.

More likely the AFL lied to North. But it is always likely in these things that Essendon and Carlton wouldn't be impacted.
Oh yes and to these supporters on here think the Demeatrios and Scott’s of the past and the Laura Kane’s of the present are going to save us what a load of Fu:king Bull💩hit the AFL don’t give a flying F:ck about us as for that board of the NMFC only things they care about are the Huddle ,that family who donated $$$ to the club which the supporters did as well I bet the board and the lackeys of there’s and bottom feeders of this club will be looked after but not the supporters.

Carlton have released their 2024 memberships, and still have seats on the Level 2 wing. Whether it's less than in 2023, I don't know.

View attachment 1797834
Looking at that, I'm honestly trying to figure out why people would prefer the MCG over Marvel Stadium.

Member Zone/Member Zone with Captains Club - Give me Marvel (Better incline on lower level, can see the other end easier)
Captains Club reserved - Give me Marvel (Better incline)
Members reserved - Give me Marvel
Cheersquad - Give me marvel (shorter ground, not exposed to the elements)
Legends Lounge Goals - Give me Marvel (Better position)
Legends Lounge Wing - Give me Marvel (Best position)
Legends Loung Guest - Give me Marvel
Caltonian member 2/2 - I dont know. If the Ponsford stand is designed the same as the Olympic Stand, I'd probably take the MCG in this membership category)
Carltonian member 2/3 - Prbably actually take the level 3 seating tbh. So Marvel
Members Reserve - Give me Marvel
Captains Club - six of one, half a dozen of the other
Legends Lounge - Give me the MCG

At the MCG the best seats are either in the MCC reserve, AFL reserve, or left for GA.
Where-as at Marvel, they're actually there for members.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back