Roast AFL has taken the Level 2 wing bays from the Marvel Stadium clubs

Remove this Banner Ad

North Melbourne appears to be the first of the Marvel Stadium 'home' teams who has come out with their 2024 membership packages so far, and in doing so they've revealed a pretty crappy situation that is going to impact all teams who play home games at Marvel.

As part of the Marvel Stadium redevelopment project, the Level 2 bays (between 34 - 39~) which were previously available to club members are now being withheld by the AFL for a new 'AFL premium reserved seating' category.

See the NMFC 2024 membership map below:

2024-Stadium-Map.jpg

According to the NMFC membership team member I spoke to, this is impacting all Marvel Stadium home teams.

Anyone (like me) who previously had a reserved seat on the Level 2 wing as part of a premium club membership will now have to relocate, most likely into bays 26-29 behind the goals.

This is crap.

This feels like the AFL once again punting the actual club members at the expense of corporate tickets.

Not trying to offend North here but how much extra are they going to get for a premium seating category for a North game. Maybe Essendon and Carlton I could see why the AFL would try and do it

Just shows the AFL care less and less about the members who go every week

North Melbourne appears to be the first of the Marvel Stadium 'home' teams who has come out with their 2024 membership packages so far, and in doing so they've revealed a pretty crappy situation that is going to impact all teams who play home games at Marvel.

As part of the Marvel Stadium redevelopment project, the Level 2 bays (between 34 - 39~) which were previously available to club members are now being withheld by the AFL for a new 'AFL premium reserved seating' category.

See the NMFC 2024 membership map below:

2024-Stadium-Map.jpg

According to the NMFC membership team member I spoke to, this is impacting all Marvel Stadium home teams.

Anyone (like me) who previously had a reserved seat on the Level 2 wing as part of a premium club membership will now have to relocate, most likely into bays 26-29 behind the goals.

This is crap.

This feels like the AFL once again punting the actual club members at the expense of corporate tickets.
Thanks for the heads up Chadwiko. That's just appalling, typical of the AFL though, continuing to bite the hand that feeds them, not that they seem to care. I sit on Level 1, in what is the gold section "Social Club premium reserved", on your map. At the Bulldogs this is called Silver membership or for the first two rows, boundary silver seating, social club membership is separate. It will be interesting to see if this changes when our membership renewals come out, and members are pretty p*ssed off as it is with the season having gone like it has. What do you think you will do?

Yeah, I mock North for supposedly saving the AFL from bankruptcy, but this is pretty poor form from the AFL.

Not entirely sure what this post means, but to clarify; this is going to impact ALL clubs who play home games at Marvel.

Not entirely sure what this post means, but to clarify; this is going to impact ALL clubs who play home games at Marvel.
One of your supporters (Simpkin) started a thread in covid times claiming North (and other Docklands tenants) saved the AFL from bankruptcy. His reasoning was because North played Sunday twilight games at Docklands the AFL was able to buy the stadium, which they then used to get their covid loan.

Anyway, North and other tenants have my support on this issue.

One of your supporters (Simpkin) started a thread in covid times claiming North (and other Docklands tenants) saved the AFL from bankruptcy.
Gotcha. He's an idiot. We don't claim him. Chief banned him from everywhere except the North boards and now we're stuck with him.

Anyway. This sucks from the AFL and it really leaves the Marvel Stadium clubs up s**t creek when it comes to trying to sell 'premium memberships.

There's nothing premium about sitting behind the goals/in the forward pocket on level 2.

View attachment 1797356

As if we weren’t already getting shafted with the 38k-40k “sellouts”.
Yeah this is definitely going to make that issue worse. Sigh...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The clubs are as guilty as the AFL in all of this. North Melbourne and the other clubs will all get a cut in this while still selling those same premium seat memberships in a different location.

Only have to look at the number of games that are designated as ticket only even though it was never going to sell out. General admission members don't add anything to the gate whether they turn up or not. Up sell a reserved seat for $20 does.

The Hawthorn v Collingwood game they went to the effort of opening sections in the MCC and AFL members to the general public to give the illusion it was almost sold out. The attendance was 62,000 with the back parts of the top upper decks of the general public sections mostly empty. The game had zero need to be a fully ticketed game except for trying to cash in on members who already had access without a reserved seat.

The clubs are as guilty as the AFL in all of this. North Melbourne and the other clubs will all get a cut in this while still selling those same premium seat memberships in a different location.

Only have to look at the number of games that are designated as ticket only even though it was never going to sell out. General admission members don't add anything to the gate whether they turn up or not. Up sell a reserved seat for $20 does.

The Hawthorn v Collingwood game they went to the effort of opening sections in the MCC and AFL members to the general public to give the illusion it was almost sold out. The attendance was 62,000 with the back parts of the top upper decks of the general public sections mostly empty. The game had zero need to be a fully ticketed game except for trying to cash in on members who already had access without a reserved seat.
This will hurt the Marvel clubs more than anyone, no one's going to buy premium memberships for s**t seats when they can just get a basic membership and sit on level 3 GA

Gotcha. He's an idiot. We don't claim him. Chief banned him from everywhere except the North boards and now we're stuck with him.

Anyway. This sucks from the AFL and it really leaves the Marvel Stadium clubs up s**t creek when it comes to trying to sell 'premium memberships.

There's nothing premium about sitting behind the goals/in the forward pocket on level 2.

View attachment 1797356
Almost sounds like Chief deserves to be banned for that act alone.

This will hurt the Marvel clubs more than anyone, no one's going to buy premium memberships for s**t seats when they can just get a basic membership and sit on level 3 GA
What will most likely happen is the supporters will not pay for reserved seats but will get there a bit earlier and sit in the premiership area where there is no reserved seating behind the reserved seating area on level 2

I’ve confirmed tonight with Essendon informing me there will be no seats being taken away in these sections for EFC members in 2024. At least not impacting Essendon.

Yano. I MIGHT be able to understand this decision..................IF THE MEDALLION CLUB WAS FULL EVERY WEEK

But considering it's lucky to sell out once a decade. It's a sheer stupid decision.

You've taken away the best seats not only in the stadium, but the state (and arguably the country - I dont know what Perth Stadium is like, but from the other stadiums I've been to, the only comparable seats are the front of the top tier of Adelaide Oval - Facilities are better at Marvel though so I'd give that the edge)

You're screwing over the clubs, for your own gain. But. How is it even a gain? Why would fans sign up for this and not medallion club or whatever? It makes zero sense.

I’ve confirmed tonight with Essendon informing me there will be no seats being taken away in these sections for EFC members in 2024. At least not impacting Essendon.

I'm sceptical based on what NMFC told me. But... if this is true then I am extra furious.

I'm sceptical based on what NMFC told me. But... if this is true then I am extra furious.
Go back to North and let them know it's not impacting Essendon so why is it impacting North? Absolutely shithouse of the AFL especially trying to shunt members who have had reserved seats there to lesser areas. You go to games at Docklands and the best seats on level 2 just sit empty, it's a farce.

This will make things interesting as l was told that all clubs will have seating arrangements changed for new AFL allocations. if Essendon were the exemption then all other clubs will not be happy...l cant see the AFL playing favourites not with something so important.....It will be interesting to see what other clubs supporters get in regards to keeping their seats..

North lied to you.

Essendon aren't making any members move.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back