melbournemartin

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 22, 2003
Genève
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Genève-Servette HC, Pittsburgh Pens
Still find it odd that Melbourne's "away" outfit is still just the home jumper with blue shorts. No white shorts :p Hardly a big deal though but it's definitely an error.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

BlackMamba

All Australian
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bentleigh
I'd love to sit with a Big Ant employee for them to explain the marking thing to me.

Here's how I think it goes:-
I think you need to position yourself with the left stick, and try to work your way to the front, but not too far forward so you're out of position.
Then, going on what was mentioned from patch 1, you can jostle a bit with the right stick.

Then theres the timing, I think has to be a lot earlier from what I do. I tend to press it for when I want the player to jump, but I figure the game needs it earlier so that it can enter the value into some sort of mini game equation (taking into account the position from above, and the players skills like jostle, strength, mark and spoil).
It then figures out who wins (me or the opponent), get me into the start position for the animation, then play the animation that shows me either winning/losing the contest.

Going by this, I'm starting to find I'm having a bit more success in contests.

kwijicrow

Draftee
May 26, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
It really needs a tutorial which displays a "too soon" or "perfect" etc. response to when you press the button. Maybe they can make a flash game tutorial since it costs so damn much to patch one into the actual game

SugarShane

C6 H12 O6
Sep 9, 2007
SA
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Strikers, BMS Goats
I'd love to sit with a Big Ant employee for them to explain the marking thing to me.
This, so much this. Anything to actually get some feedback on how it works. Even just a little dot in game that displays a colour as to whether you went too early, late or at the right time. Ideally, a training minigame would be perfect like you said.

DEELIRIUM

Rookie
Jun 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Have had the patch and DLC since Friday night now. The Melbourne team is surprisingly good to play with. I seem to often find players loose in the middle of the ground and somehow link up with handballs out of defence much easier. Space around the ground is certainly something that I've noticed and it has allowed me to express myself in the style that I am willing to play at anytime. Also the marking seems to have improved a fair bit. The use of the right analog stick at the right time helps massively in those 1v1 contests. Being infront in the marking contests is now a big part of whether or not you mark the ball which is a big +!

The combination of the patch and the DLC makes for fun times for gamers so GET ON IT!
Thanks BigAnt and TruBlu for an enjoyable game, MUCH APPRECIATED!

DEELIRIUM

Rookie
Jun 9, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
no you can not but a loose man in defence maybe tru blu and big ant should think about putting that in the game in latter time.
It's something that I think they warded away from because the 50 would become very cluttered and it would have taken a long time to get the behaviour of the 'loose man' right. For example his positioning when the opposition enters the 50, his ability to be the '3rd man up'/getting the intercept or chop out mark, or the being the one looking for the link up handball and exit out of 50. Hopefully the loose man gets implemented in the next version along with many other tactics such as 'the press,' flood and other such tactics. But we shall see, time will tell.....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy

Draftee
Jun 8, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Just thinking maybe in the next game they should put in that when there is a throw in or a ball up that one of your teammates or the opposition player can go up and be thrid man. So you can win the ruck contest more if your not good at it or facing Aaron Sandilands.

Darcy

Draftee
Jun 8, 2012
AFL Club
North Melbourne
In the next game they should put in more than 1 year in season mode, so you can trade, draft and resign players also it needs a tribunal so players can get reported.

Hawthorn23

Club Legend
Jan 10, 2012
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Clippers
In the next game they should put in more than 1 year in season mode, so you can trade, draft and resign players also it needs a tribunal so players can get reported.
Thats the one I want to see the most, I used to normally simulate the first season and then trade and draft to see what I can pick up

HBK619

Premium Platinum
Dec 5, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melbourne Victory, Storm and United

keeperkid

Debutant
Jul 20, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
can someone confirm what happens to the retirees from 2011 when you download the DLC. I read somewhere that they are still on the lists. I highly doubt this, but can someone check if Cameron Ling is still on the cat's list? I would get the DLC myself, but I've used my monthly internet usage and don't have a hope of downloading 200mb, due to the net being slowed to half its speed.

BlackMamba

All Australian
Sep 23, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bentleigh
can someone confirm what happens to the retirees from 2011 when you download the DLC. I read somewhere that they are still on the lists. I highly doubt this, but can someone check if Cameron Ling is still on the cat's list? I would get the DLC myself, but I've used my monthly internet usage and don't have a hope of downloading 200mb, due to the net being slowed to half its speed.
Someone reported that the retirees are deleted. They are no longer listed on the their team's lists, or as delisted players.
However, if you have a save game with them in it (i.e a season from 2011), then they'll continue to be in that team for those games.

keeperkid

Debutant
Jul 20, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
ok, thanks. So they're no longer there. I'll have to reset my squads, start a 2011 season + a 2011 nab cup. Hopefully get the DLC and start a 2012 season + a 2012 nab cup. Then I've basically got a 2 year career mode. :)

Groupie_

Born Naked
Jul 19, 2010
Safeway Carpark
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Because BigAnt didn't make the Wii game. And it would've taken too much focus away from the gameplay that is so fun.

Now quit your bitching.
HBK does Richmond have the jeep and harvey norman sponsors?

and do we have white shorts for away(not black) ?

How about the clash and heritage?

and our new logo? Does Ivan have a mullet?

Top Bottom